What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2014

Apey

Staff member
9. Ennis
14. Gidley

just took another step closer to becoming a reality

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Sure but when it comes to gamebreakers all you really need is one.
For nsw that it hayne and his best position to do this is at the back.
Another potential gamebreaker is Kelly who would b great off the bench....starting maybe not as much.

You only need one, sure. But if DCE is picked off the bench - which he almost certainly will - Queensland have six (Smith, Thurston, Inglis, Slater, Cronk and DCE). It's a reflection of the past 7 or 8 years. Add Lockyer in to that mix, and they only need one or two of those players to perform for them to win, and they have won in style. Why pick just one? We need as many players as we can who can come up with those big plays.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
You only need one, sure. But if DCE is picked off the bench - which he almost certainly will - Queensland have six (Smith, Thurston, Inglis, Slater, Cronk and DCE). It's a reflection of the past 7 or 8 years. Add Lockyer in to that mix, and they only need one or two of those players to perform for them to win, and they have won in style. Why pick just one? We need as many players as we can who can come up with those big plays.

I can see hayne and Dugan getting in each others way for some reason.
U r right about the qld side but they were the best players to chose complemented each others game.
I think Dugan is a good player but I wouldn't pick him.

timka4

Bench
I know it's a NSW thread and not a CvC thread but how does McCrone keep getting selected on the bench, f**king stupid. Anyways I really hope Ennis and Gidley not being in the Country side does not mean they'll be there. If Pearce, Ennis, Gidley are in origin we should boycott the 2nd game in sydney

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Maybe these players need to be selected for game 1.
Its not a decider and when the loss comes the mass cleanout needed can happen.

Joker's Wild

Coach
The CvC game is less an Origin trial and more a Blues up and coming camp these days. Makes sense neither were selected

This is what Ill keep telling myself anyway

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Sweet, still injured though but thats good news

I only saw the highlights for todays game. But he looked sharp again from what i saw.
Beautiful runner. And I think he should b given a shot.
At least we will know if he will or won't b selected now.
Followed by why or why not.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
There is none. He also would be bad for team moral. Everyone hates the germ. He would be a disruption in camp. Being slow and not creative, is another reason.

I didn't realise it myself but jw has probably made a good call regarding his non selection.
Qld supporters everywhere will b cheering if he is selected however.
Common sense tells me jw is right......... but..........

kokz2014

Juniors
Looks like Carney is out. Going off the Kangaroos team list, there is only 6 NSW players; J Morris, B Morris, Tamou, Bird, Gallen, and Cordner. What do you think automatic selection in the Blues I suppose. I think Cordner is a 50/50 in the Blues, I don't really rate him. If the forward pack from 2013 is injury free, and this will be NSW strongest pack:
8.Fifita, 9.Farah, 10.Tamou, 11.Bird, 12.Lewis, 13. Gallen, 14.(bolter), 15. Watmough, 16. Merrin, 17. (Spare prop - would go with Woods or even Cordner). I can't see any room for Cordner unless he takes 17. spot otherwise they will have to drop someone like Lewis who has yet to play a game this year.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Jason Maher

Immortal
You don't rate Cordner? He was picked last year, and his form between then and now would suggest he should be picked again. He's a gun.

kokz2014

Juniors
You don't rate Cordner? He was picked last year, and his form between then and now would suggest he should be picked again. He's a gun.
Yes, Cordner was picked but only in game 3 to replace J Reynolds. That wasn't a guaranteed selection like Gallen or Bird. Anyway, as I already stated, he would be my 50/50 decision in the Blues team. Given the above names I have selected, who would you remove instead? Like I said, If Fifita, and Tamou is guaranteed then we know Gallen can rotate as a spare prop which means Cordner can possibly take 17. leaving Woods out. Tough decision though there are a lot of in form players at the moment for the forwards.

Latest posts