What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How bad was parra

Our away record is dreadful - someone needs to tell this team that winning at home only my and losing every away game means you will just be a middle of the road team

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We just couldn't hold the ball so we couldn't build any pressure. Plus our kicking game was poor. I don't really think it was because Penrith were that good. Nearby every chance we had on their try line we dropped it. The side was not mentally prepared for last night. Might have something to do we not having confidence when Hayne aren't playing. Mentally piss weak!!

spiderdan

Bench
Our away record is dreadful - someone needs to tell this team that winning at home only my and losing every away game means you will just be a middle of the road team
well then the shoe fits because our squad is only a mid table team.

Ordinary as we were, penrith played well. And the fact is while it would be great to win every game, we will probably finish with about 50%. Also having the bye didn't help us. Typically the better teams handle their preparation a lot better with the week off after a good win. We aren't one of those sides yet. Add our top player sitting out and I guess in hindsight this was gonna always be a good shot of happening.

Scoreline aside, the most disappointing thing is that the side seemed lost without hayne.

mrpwnd

Bench
Tim Mannah getting married tomorrow didn't help our cause.
I would even suggest that our players be stripped of their basic rights as human beings and ONLY get by on things NRL-related.

Maybe then we'll be satisfied.

TheFrog

Coach
We just couldn't hold the ball so we couldn't build any pressure. Plus our kicking game was poor. I don't really think it was because Penrith were that good.

It was very close to Penrith's best performance of the season. They aren't an attacking powerhouse like Parramatta, they are more of a grafting mistake-free side with strong defence that attempts to bring about opposition errors. This approach worked extremely well last night. Parra played as well as they were allowed to play. Hayne might have made a difference but he might have done a hammy too.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
It was very close to Penrith's best performance of the season. They aren't an attacking powerhouse like Parramatta, they are more of a grafting mistake-free side with strong defence that attempts to bring about opposition errors. This approach worked extremely well last night. Parra played as well as they were allowed to play. Hayne might have made a difference but he might have done a hammy too.

They did get a bit of early luck and kept the pressure up all game. Our defence was very weak but they did get some help early after that we just wilted.

Latest posts