What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids in for free.

Should be the norm for all sports, considering ticket prices these days. Good on storm supporters to show up with 2 of big 3 out. If all 3 were playing easy 20k I think. Wa and today crowds redeem a poor friday and Saturday (besides wa). Canberra going to canberra tomorrow with another sub 10k crowd to end attendence on a sour note.

Perth Red

Post Whore
One team cities will take the NRL avg over 20k in years to come. 4-5sydney clubs will keep pace. The rest will get left behind. Maybe the NRL better start planning a financial equalisation plan like the afl has?

Jason Maher

Immortal
f**k up Perth Red.

A Perth team hosting 12 games a year in a 20k stadium will be averaging the same as Penrith or Cronulla once the novelty of the first year wears off.

pHyR3

Juniors
good rebuttal.

perth will probably average 17-18k first year, and 15-16k after that unless they enjoy great success or upgrade/move stadiums to somewhere biigger.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nib holds 23-24,000, it holds 17-20k very comfortably. The new east stand sits around 15k undercover plus another 3k undercover on the shed end terracing. Why will we need a bigger stadium to avg 17k?

Tell you what if we have the success of manly and draw sub 10k for an important game like Friday's I'll be the first on here saying Perth expansion was a mistake!

Perth Red

Post Whore
f**k up Perth Red.

A Perth team hosting 12 games a year in a 20k stadium will be averaging the same as Penrith or Cronulla once the novelty of the first year wears off.

Based on what evidence? If we take melbourne as the only proper expansion example we have they have grown from 9k avg to a 15k+ avg. no novelty wearing off there then.

pHyR3

Juniors
Nib holds 23-24,000, it holds 17-20k very comfortably. The new east stand sits around 15k undercover plus another 3k undercover on the shed end terracing. Why will we need a bigger stadium to avg 17k?

Tell you what if we have the success of manly and draw sub 10k for an important game like Friday's I'll be the first on here saying Perth expansion was a mistake!

some facts, nice work youre improving.

because 30k bumper crowds really help boost averages. it's difficult to pull more than 11k when you're playing the Knights or Sharks on a Monday night right in the middle of origin so you need big crowds to balance it out. not all your 12 games will be at the perfect time with tonnes of marketing to get 20k there.

Perth Red

Post Whore
True but a few 20,000 and hopefully not many 13k should see us around the 16-17k which I would say is a big tick for NRL expansion. Hopefully by the time we get a team, if ever, the NRL will have employed someone with a clue about scheduling!

Perth is set to grow by another million people over next 15 yeas and the plans are laid out for a new west stand and redeveloped shed end so if we can start around the 12k members 15-17k crowds then no reason the club won't keep growing and the stadium get finished off.

I have more faith in our great game than many it seems!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Based on what evidence? If we take melbourne as the only proper expansion example we have they have grown from 9k avg to a 15k+ avg. no novelty wearing off there then.

Very easy to average 15 k with Slater, Cronk and Smith in the team...and the fact they haven't missed the finals in ages! Lets see how they go if they have a poor season!

Jason Maher

Immortal
I don't think Perth Red really grasps how averages work.

Also, if the stadium seats 24k, why have they only been drawing 20k? People have been going on about the last two souffs-cuzzy bros games as if they have been sellouts.

Brutus

Referee
I don't think Perth Red really grasps how averages work.

Also, if the stadium seats 24k, why have they only been drawing 20k? People have been going on about the last two souffs-cuzzy bros games as if they have been sellouts.

West Sydney Wanderers style.

f**k up Perth Red.

They said more for cronulla/penrith than wa considering both are in heartland. The fact wa could average more than Penrith and cronulla is a indictment on them, all those decades in the comp to be lapped by expansion teams.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Cant beleive they haven't scheduled today's game for the arvo. Putting the game at night time with everyone focused on work and school the next dat after a long weekend is stupitity

ek999

First Grade
Getting home from Canberra Stadium is pretty easy so I don't have a problem with it. They shouldn't have had a Perth match this week and had a match on Monday arvo instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts