What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2014

BranVan3000

Coach
Damn it, Laurie did so well playing players in their actual positions in game one. Now we have Dugan at center and Gal back at prop? And Bird at lock.

Really hope Inglis doesn't player or Dugan is in for a tough night

Gal plays through the middle regardless of the number on his back. Dugan's inclusion is definately a gamble though, hopefully it comes off as a masterstroke by Daley. Other than that the side looks strong, with plenty of steel off the bench.

ucantseeme

Juniors
If NSW win it will be a masterstroke of coaching brilliance. If not, then light a candle and say a prayer for the Morris boys'.

My main concern with the team changes is if Greg Bird is going to actually play football or just spend 80 mins trying to milk penalties. As we saw in game 1, those penalties were not forthcoming.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Lewis has played one and half seasons @ the Sharks and has 22 games in that time.

Told you a million times not to exaggerate.

kokz2014

Juniors
Iglis or not, he is not gonna be at full strength even if they do play him. NSW have only made 3 changes, so there is no excuses to beat QLD off the park. NSW have had their share of injuries in the past and now its QLD turn. Who cares what anyone says if NSW win against a depleted QLD team, the focus is to break an 8yr drought first and then worry about respect in 2015. I say up yours QLD and NSW UP!

timka4

Bench
I think it's a good team. Still wouldn't have Scott and Hoffman there but it seems they are sticking with them so so be it.

Agree with a comment God-King Dean made on having Hoppa in centres at defense and wing on offense. Dugan's kick returns would be great to have if he drops back on 4th/5th which hopefully they are smart enough to do

mxlegend99

Referee
It will take a miracle for Dugan/Hopoate to be an even remotely competent defensive pairing. I just don't understand how experience in Origin counts for more then sensational form AND playing in your club position.

Neither player deserves to be there on form. Neither player is playing in their club position.

JJ

Immortal
Does this mean Bird plays in the middle?

Weird for me, Dugan at centre, and only 2 "middle forwards"?

I fear that NSW will get beat as Dugan will not hold up defensively in Origin 2. At fullback you may make 6 tackles in a game at most. At centre you make 15-20 per game. Qld, like many teams, favour their left hand side in attack, which defensively for NSW is the right hand side where Dugan and Hoppa will be. I don't know if after 2 games at centre whether he will be able to handle the workload and be effective in defence.

Further, Hoppa better go looking for the ball as Dugan is a "run first" type player who rarely ever passes the ball. If he waits for Dugan to pass him he'll be waiting till the cows come home.

This is a dumb move and smacks of being a "Bob Fulton masterstroke" to me.

big hit!

Bench
Does this mean Bird plays in the middle?
FMD

Weird for me, Dugan at centre, and only 2 "middle forwards"?

Gallen, Woods, Merrin, Watmough, Tamou are all middle forwards. That's more than 2.

and Bird has played there before. It's not like throwing a bloke who has never played there let alone showed any form in that part of the ground, like Daley did with Williams in Game 1. Bird played the whole 2013 series in the middle as Hoffman was the left forward then too.

big hit!

Bench
I think it's a good team. Still wouldn't have Scott and Hoffman there but it seems they are sticking with them so so be it.

Most would agree, but do you go back to square 1 now for this game and replace them with Bird & Lewis? These only hampers the familiarity Hodkinson & reynolds need to develop by requiring them to build defensive rapport with new guys.

The changes that were made were those that needed to be made and another in Williams who wouldn't have been in Game 1 if Bird was available. Whether Dugan and Hoppa are the right ones remains to be seen.

Latest posts