What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2014

souths_pride

Juniors
Beau Scott? :lol:

He can barely defend in the second row and you want to put him in the centers?

Scott was really the only reason QLD got points on the board. His pathetic arm grabs and stupidity on NSW's line led to the first try (takes a cheap shot on Slater instead of playing the ball which forces Josh Morris to cover him which resulted in space for Boyd to score). Then in the last 15 min of the game, he missed yet another tackle that led to a GI linebreak that would of cost us the game if it hadn't been for J. Morris running in from the sideline after checking with the trainers.

Unfortunately, the vast majority seem to think one or two key tackles make up for all the shit he produced for 60-70 minutes.

I'll take my chances with Dugan.

What about someone like Mitchell Aubusson? Hes a highly experienced first grader and hes a very competent defender...hes also mobile enough to contribute in attack and has decent ball playing skills...I'm not saying hes star player or anything but I think hes a no frills footballer who is more than capable of doing a job at center and standing a lot better chance of containing Inglis than Dugan can!

mxlegend99

Referee

Scott was really the only reason QLD got points on the board. His pathetic arm grabs and stupidity on NSW's line led to the first try (takes a cheap shot on Slater instead of playing the ball which forces Josh Morris to cover him which resulted in space for Boyd to score). Then in the last 15 min of the game, he missed yet another tackle that led to a GI linebreak that would of cost us the game if it hadn't been for J. Morris running in from the sideline after checking with the trainers.

Unfortunately, the vast majority seem to think one or two key tackles make up for all the shit he produced for 60-70 minutes.

I didn't say he should be there, just that he would do a better job then Dugan. Luke Lewis would be the best option with the players available. Would have been great if Lyon or Idris were available. But failing that, the next best option is Lewis. Would minimise damage caused by Inglis and still have something to offer in attack.

Dugan will fail miserably. I would love to be wrong, but Greg Inglis makes the best centres look second rate.

Joker's Wild

Coach
No ... just observing the incredible intellect and planning skills of the NSW camp. Just reading between the lines, Daley planned the injury to Josh Morris so that he could introduce Dugan into the side. Pure genius.

Worse than I thought. Youve shit your dacks so much your brains have shot out your coight

nick87

Coach
Don't know what game you were watching. I thought Luke Lewis brought great impact last game.

agreed
Lewis came on and immediate got over the advantage line, quick play the balls and helped wrestle some momentum back for NSW

Luke Lewis is a walk up selection.

Cheops

Juniors
I don't get it. Hopoate is a centre. It's where he's played most of his NRL career, where he's played all this year and his best position. His biggest weakness is his lack of speed which gets exposed even more on the wing.

Dugan is really a natural winger. Has a great running game, kick return and good finisher. His biggest weakness is setting up his outside players. The problem is he's too good a player to be wasted on the wing at club level so he plays fullback or now centre. That doesn't matter in origin so it's the perfect place to play him on the wing.

So naturally we pick Dugan at centre because he scored a few tries against a reserve grade side and push Hopoate to the wing because why not.

nick87

Coach
Wighton and Graham apparentely named 18th and 19th man

Good choices there, young on the cusp guys who will take something from the experience of the camp

chrisD

Coach
Well blowing multiple scoring chances certainly doesn't help the cause and there really can't be any debating that a fullback can have a massive impact on games even at this level after Hayne's performance. If he was such the asset people are keen to make out he is you'd think he could have managed at least one win, or some involvement in a scoring play.

Hutty1986

Immortal
It sure did last year, if he was able to learn a basic draw and pass we would have won the series last year.

That's the sad reality. But it's pretty common knowledge the bloke can't pass, and I think that's why he'll end up on the wing come game day. He has played well for NSW before and he'll go well again in Sydney.

God-King Dean

Immortal
lol @ people saying His Duganess isn't playing well.

Not a centre, sure.

But 4 tries in 8 games, avgs. 143 metres in a team that's getting pumped every week.

"Durrr, I watched one game, he's shit durrrrr."

Do you hear yourselves speak? I might kill you tonight.....

betcats

Referee

That is complete horseshit. We had numbered up perfectly a Brett Morris slip cost us their first try.

BranVan3000

Coach
lol @ people saying His Duganess isn't playing well.

Not a centre, sure.

But 4 tries in 8 games, avgs. 143 metres in a team that's getting pumped every week.

"Durrr, I watched one game, he's shit durrrrr."

Do you hear yourselves speak? I might kill you tonight.....

Three of those tries were against the worst team in the comp and 143 meters is about the minimum a fullback should be making

timka4

Bench
Dugan cops more shit for his ability on these forums than he deserves. I think he still has improvement but he isnt shit.

I think he'll be good for us this wed

Jason Maher

Immortal
The best answer to a deadly threat from the opposition is not a vain attempt to stop that threat (which isn't even possible - consult game 1), but to offer a threat yourself. Hoppa and TheDugan provide that threat, especially with Hayne as our main ball player linking up with them. All we need is a platform from our forwards and good early ball from our halves, which is what we got in game 1. I fully expect we'll get the same in game 2, especially on our own dunghill.

MarkC

Juniors
Three of those tries were against the worst team in the comp and 143 meters is about the minimum a fullback should be making

Dugan was playing in the centers.

You can question the quality of the opposition and he was running on to good passes, but it was a pretty good performance.

As mentioned above I see Dugan defending on the wing and playing center in attack.

Most fullbacks can do a reasonable job defending on the wing.

NSW needs someone to take a bit of the heat of Hayne, Dugan is a good hole runner with proven tackle busting ability

Surprisingly the NSW selectors seem to be getting just about everything right this year ..... it feels weird ... it probably hasn't happerned since 1985.