What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tepai Moeroa

jk13

First Grade
Good ploy letting this kid have a go. Win win situation. And he's definitely got it. We haven't had an elite back come through for a little while either, but Davis looks good. Like to see tepai play in a winning game

eel01s

Bench
Moeroa was fantastic on Friday night. One comment Phil Gould made intrigued me though. Eels got a penalty close to the Rabbitoh's line, and Moeroa took the first hut up.

Gus said something like " I can't believe they just let an 18 year old take the first hit up. His second game, and they give it to him". Says a lot for our "pack" and on field leadership.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Good ploy letting this kid have a go. Win win situation. And he's definitely got it. We haven't had an elite back come through for a little while either, but Davis looks good. Like to see tepai play in a winning game

Davis turns 19 this year and is only in his first year of NYC. Elite backs are usually in NYC the year they turn 18 and play first grade while still eligible for under 20s.

He looks like he'll probably become a first grader but I doubt he'll ever be elite.

Moeroa looks a good chance to play Origin though.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Davis turns 19 this year and is only in his first year of NYC. Elite backs are usually in NYC the year they turn 18 and play first grade while still eligible for under 20s.

He looks like he'll probably become a first grader but I doubt he'll ever be elite.

Moeroa looks a good chance to play Origin though.

Wonder what ratio of Polynesian players debut at a younger age compared to .......due to developing physically at a younger age quicker.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Good little interview with moeroa on the eels site, sounds very level headed. Like how Arthur said his role is to protect Sandow

T.S Quint

Coach
Moeroa was fantastic on Friday night. One comment Phil Gould made intrigued me though. Eels got a penalty close to the Rabbitoh's line, and Moeroa took the first hut up.

Gus said something like " I can't believe they just let an 18 year old take the first hit up. His second game, and they give it to him". Says a lot for our "pack" and on field leadership.

I don't see the problem with giving him the hit-up.

The kid's a mad merkin. He wants to get stuck in. Why stop him.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I don't see the problem with giving him the hit-up.

The kid's a mad merkin. He wants to get stuck in. Why stop him.

Exactly, I haven't seen the replay but it was probably his side of the field anyway so he was naturally going to take the hit-up. If Pauli was there he would have taken the hit up.

Latest posts