What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels' salary cap doesn't fit, shelling out more than $750,000 for departed

If we didn't have a f**kload of injuries then we'd be sitting in the 8 and everyone would be happy. We'd be looking at roughly the same team next year and everyone would be happy.

So, barring another f**kload of injuries next year, we should be ok. If we don't get a break with the cap until 2016 then it shouldn't be a big deal.

When we get that break, we'll have the chance to upgrade those who have earned it, bring in some quality from outside, or a mix of both.

As such, we're ok...barring another f**kload of injuries next year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There was an option for us to stop paying Morts this year but he didn't go for it - he exercised his option to keep getting paid. Luckily it's back-ended into 2016. It's only about $500k but.

emjaycee

Coach
Well, it's hard to blame just him for that?

The center inside him last year has a LONG history of being found in the middle third of the field defensively, instead of in his position. He's still doing it when he plays this season...
His winger can just stay out, but the try will be scored where the center isn't. So the winger rushes in, catch and pass and try.

Sio is a passable first grade winger - but nothing special, and I'd be fine with Inu playing wing ahead of him (or Goodall next year). If Sio wants more money than the coaching staff are offering him, buh-bye.

Sorry mate, you missed my sarcasm cause I didnt include a :roll:

The three things I listed are the reason all the haters are on Vai this week, just as they were on Sio when he was hated last year.

TheRam

Coach
I like the idea of signing DCE, but I can't see how we can have 2 over a million dollar players and still have a competitive team. Can anyone explain this to me pls.

You're basically right, Ram but I guess it depends a little on what the salary cap is for those future years. The cap is a couple of million higher than a few years ago, so I guess there's an outside chance.

Or we could just sign them both and wonder why they don't do so well when playing with Spider McGuirk and friends.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I like the idea of signing DCE, but I can't see how we can have 2 over a million dollar players and still have a competitive team. Can anyone explain this to me pls.

Exactly mate. It's pointless having some of the game's best players in your team if you're paying overs for them all. The salary cap means team balance is all about value, which could mean just having 17 solid first graders with a couple of Origin and Kiwi reps sprinkled throughout.

Manly didn't win two premierships because they had DCE in the team, they won them because they weren't overpaying him (or anyone else) and could surround him with quality.

I'd rather Manly overpay Cherry-Evans than for us do it. He's a good player and worth a lot of money, but on massive overs what's the point?

Bigfella

Coach
Ram's all stars

1. Sam Tomkins
2. Eoin crossin
3. Jack reed
4. Dane Copley
5. Jack elsegood
6. Kris Keating
7. Daly cherry-Evans
8. James Graham
9. John Morris
10. Adrian Tolman
11. Ben Hannant
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Todd Lowrie

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Needs more Gary Larson.

foot090307-1.jpg

TheRam

Coach
Ram's all stars

1. Sam Tomkins
2. Eoin crossin
3. Jack reed
4. Dane Copley
5. Jack elsegood
6. Kris Keating
7. Daly cherry-Evans
8. James Graham
9. John Morris
10. Adrian Tolman
11. Ben Hannant
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Todd Lowrie

Throw in the Burgess brothers, the Morris brothers for EC & JE, Kieran Foran for that pretender KK, Jake Friend for JM and you have one hell of a premiership winning team. ;-)