What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
My impression is that usually the 7 is the better kicker, and the 6 the better runner. And the 7 is usually the General, as Brandy or someone said on one of those footy shows just the other day. But either way, it seems like one of the halves is dominant.

So there is no difference between the 6 and 7 jersey, just like there's no difference in the halfback and five-eighth terms. I do agree that one half is dominant, and one is usually the better kicker. But they don't have to play in the #7 jersey. Next year Norman will be the dominant half in our team (If he plays in the half) and will predominately play first receiver if he is indeed in the halves.

Someone

Bench
How much do you reckon he's on? And how much do you reckon he's worth? How much is Simona worth?

Legitimate questions. Of course none of us know what he's on but you obviously have an opinion (as do I).

for what its worth zero tackle has him on the books for 800k. If he is anywhere near that id be disappointed.

I reckon a solid centre that can defend and make good metres when required isn't worth much more than 400K IMHO.

I honestly think we signed him after a great debut year with a successful manly team on the promise when he came to us he would be one of the best prospects in the game. That hasn't happened.

His 2 years out of the game, whether he or anyone here would want to admit it, has hurt his game massively.

If he was keen to resign on a moderate 400-500K than he would be on a fair salary.

I have no idea how much Simona is worth, I haven't seen enough of him to comment.

So there is no difference between the 6 and 7 jersey, just like there's no difference in the halfback and five-eighth terms. I do agree that one half is dominant, and one is usually the better kicker. But they don't have to play in the #7 jersey. Next year Norman will be the dominant half in our team (If he plays in the half) and will predominately play first receiver if he is indeed in the halves.

No, the number on the back doesn't matter, but the roles are still a little bit different. And the '7' is still usually the guy actually wearing 7. But not always.

eel speel

Juniors
It isn't necessarily a like-for-like replacement either. Based on current form Simona would cost a lot more than Hopoate.

Current form should determine a player s value but it's not always the case. A player s contract is usually determined by what the manager can negotiate and that means what a club is prepared to pay

emjaycee

Coach
I think the thing that has impacted Hoppa's form the most isn't the 2 years he had out of the game but rather the first 8 or so games back last year.

In less then 10 games back from being away from physical contact and physical training, Laurie Daley selected him for NSW Origin. This was a mistake as we could all see Hoppa hadn't regained the muscle and strength he had before he went on his mission and I know for a fact that the club told the NSWRL that he wasn't ready and wasn't strong enough for Origin.

History shows that in his first Origin game he got injured, quite seriously and missed I think it was about 4 games. When he came back he wasn't the same player and in my opinion was tentative going into tackles and in defence. He definitely favoured the shoulder that had been injured.

I think this lack of confidence has carried over to this year as well.

Thanks Laurie - you should have listened to the club that was carefully managing the guys return from 2 years out.

Far Canal

Juniors
I was actually impressed with their other centre, Hoeter - what's his contract situation? On the tigers website, it says he covers centre/ wing and fullback. He will much cheaper than both aforementioned players.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Hoppa's value will have his representative career built in which will inflate his value but based on his current form you wouldn't pick him as a rep player.

Be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's hard to judge until everything is made official, but in terms of recruiting backs, we seem to be behind other teams - rumours are:

* Hastings to Penrith

* Simona to Cronulla

* Johnston to Sydney

I know we got Foran and Scott, but we really need some backs with pace.

hindy111

Post Whore
Well the Duke signed Matt Moylan for less than 500k a year. He is in top 3 fullbacks in game and the best ball player alongside Thurston.
Most try assist - Mat Moylan - 10 thurston next with 8
Most line break assists - Matt Moylan 10 - thurston next with 8. The kid also kicks goals. He is a very special player. So calm and cool under pressure. His future is in the halves and he will go on to play for NSW and Australia.

As for Hastings i can imagine The duke wanting him. Wallace will be let go season end.And he will groom him for when soward goes. Forward thinking.Alongside Moylan it will be a dynamite halves pairing.

Arthur isn't stupid. He will pay him nowhere near $600k.
You'd think not, given how he's playing. But also any amount he's offered will likely be higher than he's currently 'worth' given that he was a very good player pre-mission and is still young and healthy. Interesting though that the talk of re-signing him and Sandow has died down lately.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hoppa looked good in centres the last few weeks. Id say in 3-4 games he will find his feet and be one of the better centres in the game.
I havent rated him at all since started at parra.But i saw some very possitive signs last weekend. And i was on here saying he is on PAR with Taka. Pou was right on that one.He is a classier player. Just lost at fullback. When he gets a better winger outside him than Falou he will look even better.

I wouldnt offer him overs thou.It would of been nice too see him play 8-10 games at centre this year too judge what he is worth. Unfortunately it has not worked out that way so we risk losing him.

yy_cheng

Coach
Hoppa looked good in centres the last few weeks. Id say in 3-4 games he will find his feet and be one of the better centres in the game.
I havent rated him at all since started at parra.But i saw some very possitive signs last weekend. And i was on here saying he is on PAR with Taka. Pou was right on that one.He is a classier player. Just lost at fullback. When he gets a better winger outside him than Falou he will look even better.

I wouldnt offer him overs thou.It would of been nice too see him play 8-10 games at centre this year too judge what he is worth. Unfortunately it has not worked out that way so we risk losing him.

we should've kept Sio.

He could've been that classy winger outside hoppa or even a fb

Eelementary

Post Whore
The signing we SHOULD make is Ricky Stuart. :sarcasm:

Seriously, though - the Raiders are playing great footy. Just goes to show how shit our side has been for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts