What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Dropped to NSW Cup after being forced to explain how he wrote-off a mate's car on the way to last Sunday's game against Melbourne, Sandow looks certain to have done his dash with the Eels.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/27919762/the-7th-tackle-with-josh-massoud-and-jim-wilson/

The story so far:

It was a mates car
It was a loan car
It was a hire car

He was dropped to NSW cup after writing off a car, despite BA saying he had some things to work on (which seems rather obvious to me).

Sandow knocked back a deal worth $300K a year
Sandow knocked back a deal worth $325K a year

Yep, you can always trust what media clown like Joshie post.

Chipmunk

Coach
Is the BIG signing news for Parra that Massoud was talking about the re-signing of David Gower for an extra season?

Stagger eel

Staff member
I reckon it's the re signing of Hoppa... He actually put pen to paper last week, not sure why it wasn't announced then

Chipmunk

Coach
Again, it appears that a swap for Lussick was part of this 'deal'. If Lussick cannot play for 4 weeks, it would be a dumb decision by Cronulla to give there part of the deal away now when they get no benefit for a few weeks.

I think you will find this swap will occur once Lussick can play again.

On the other hand, if Lussick signs with Manly in the mean time then that just opens up a whole new can of worms. Lussick was also linked with the Titans...maybe he's waiting to see what DCE does?

oldmancraigy

Coach

It's a huge shame.
I wasn't too fussed at first, but I've come around on the possibility. He'd be a more than useful fullback for next year. Not someone who is going to win you a game, but someone who can certainly be steady, and great at backing up any breaks, or sniffing around the middle for an offload.

Hopefully we end up getting him.
It does explain why Morgan was named on the wing last week - can't name Gordon at fullback with Robinson on the wing if Gordon isn't at the club yet - but Gordon was hopeful of turning out for the Eels last start.

He should just urinate in his mouth and post pictures on social media, would see him released quick smart (although perhaps banned from the game as well - so maybe not the way to go?)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
He should just urinate in his mouth and post pictures on social media, would see him released quick smart (although perhaps banned from the game as well - so maybe not the way to go?)

Ha ha, I remember an article from the 90's where the great western magpies junior Willie Newton (who ended up shit anyway) wanted to break his contract to join the dogs. Magpies refused his request, so Dogs told him to miss training sessions and constantly turn up late, so they would sack him.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
From the lurker:

Rising star chooses to stay in Parra
The Eels are close to re-signing talented back-rower Peni Terepo despite interest from rival clubs.
Born in New Zealand but a Tongan Test player, the 23-year-old Terepo has been offered a new two year deal.
The aggressive back-rower is seen as a rising star by the Eels and has also attracted the attention of rival clubs.
But he is close to putting pen to paper on a new deal - and get a significant pay rise in the process.
Coach Brad Arthur has used Terepo mainly from the bench this season for the struggling Eels.
But the big forward has added plenty of enthusiasm and energy when thrown into the fray and has been one of the team’s more consistent performers.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nr...umour-file---friday/gocs0631k6yq1hocr8awp1l4o

84 Baby

Referee
On the other hand, if Lussick signs with Manly in the mean time then that just opens up a whole new can of worms. Lussick was also linked with the Titans...maybe he's waiting to see what DCE does?

Pretty sure Richie Gla'aso was playing with Newcastle in 2012, signed a contract with Manly for 2013 before Bennett allowed him to leave Newcastle to play with Melbourne for the rest of 2012. Lussick's off contract next year, Cronulla's best bet would be Gordon/Lussick swap, force us to pay whoever's salary is higher (probably Lussick's) and have use of Lussick instead of Gordon's fullback surplus

Bigfella

Coach

Have a look at Arthur's reported response to the question "Does Edwards still have a future at he club?"

It's the same one attributed to Scott Seward - "Yes I do".

It also doesn't answer the question as described in the article.

Is that a file response that journos use? Or is the trick they use to rephrase their question within the article?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
of all the journos, the lurker has the worst strike rate which really is saying something

Avenger

Immortal
I hear the Michael Gordon signing is still very possible. Lussick's suspension couldn't have happened at a worse time. There is simply no incentive for the Sharks to release Gordon if Lussick is not available for a swap.

Lets just say that the players at Cronulla are supporting Gordon moving and some are very upset with their coach because of the last minute change of heart. I can't elaborate more as Twiz will delete my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.