What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we keep Sandow?

lingard

Coach
I'm only pointing out that no one wanted Kelly in for Sandow. Now that it's been done, at least some are saying it's the right call.

And that thing you have Pou about not questioning a coach's call because he knows better than all of us is a discussion I think we've had before. Will have to agree to disagree on that.

I don't think there's a single person on here who thinks that Kelly is a better half than Sandow. The point is that to keep Sandow in the team means going in the absolute wrong direction for the future. I say piss him off sooner rather than later.
Also, it's been reported that Sandow has knocked back two offers from Parramatta - surely, dropping him to reserves means we can now offer him even less, thereby making it even more unlikely that he'll want to stay. This is a decision for the future, not the present.

I don't think there's a single person on here who thinks that Kelly is a better half than Sandow. The point is that to keep Sandow in the team means going in the absolute wrong direction for the future. I say piss him off sooner rather than later.
Also, it's been reported that Sandow has knocked back two offers from Parramatta - surely, dropping him to reserves means we can now offer him even less, thereby making it even more unlikely that he'll want to stay. This is a decision for the future, not the present.

I can understand dropping Sandow if you think that Kelly is going to be the future half, but I don't think that's the case. I think everyone knows that Kelly is not an NRL half, including Arthur. I think dropping Sandow is either some negotiating tactic by Arthur or more likely a face-saving exercise. Either way, I think it cost us today. We don't need to drop Sandow if we don't want to re-sign him - just don't re-sign him.

Noise

Coach
I can understand dropping Sandow if you think that Kelly is going to be the future half, but I don't think that's the case. I think everyone knows that Kelly is not an NRL half, including Arthur. I think dropping Sandow is either some negotiating tactic by Arthur or more likely a face-saving exercise. Either way, I think it cost us today. We don't need to drop Sandow if we don't want to re-sign him - just don't re-sign him.

This.

yy_cheng

Coach
He dropped Sandow so no one else offers him anything decent and then he'll sign him for a low price.

Dropping to the bench and dropping IDG would've been better

Swiftstylez

Bench
Sandow is lucky to miss one tackle that leads to a try. If luke kelly isnt even a possibility for our future then it's a waste of time. We don't win without sandow and hayne.

Last edited:

Sean7

Juniors
lol... dickhead Sandow death riders.
Chrissy plays today we win idiots.

Thanks for the tip. And here's me thinking that our attack had been looking pretty terrible lately with Sandow at half. I actually thought our attack looked pretty much the same today, except that our backline movements in the second half looked smoother than they've been of late. Whether that has anything to do with Sandow not being there is debatable though.

Our defense held up reasonably well today though in comparison to previous weeks.

Our goal kicking was certainly worse, although Sandow has had some pretty awful goal kicking games himself in the past.

yy_cheng

Coach
Thanks for the tip. And here's me thinking that our attack had been looking pretty terrible lately with Sandow at half. I actually thought our attack looked pretty much the same today, except that our backline movements in the second half looked smoother than they've been of late. Whether that has anything to do with Sandow not being there is debatable though.

Our defense held up reasonably well today though in comparison to previous weeks.

Our goal kicking was certainly worse, although Sandow has had some pretty awful goal kicking games himself in the past.

But you forget about the seph factor

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The reason Samdow is dropped is not because he is shit but there is such a massive difference between his good and bad. Plus he probably can't follow game plans and he misses tackles.

At least with Kelly, Arthur knows what he is getting so can plan around it.

And I am a Sandow fan.

Joely01

Bench
That is such a ridiculous proposition. There are two sides to this game and Sandow is the worst in the league at one of them.'

Jeez this statement is becoming one of the most over used sayings on here.
His defence really isnt as bad as people make it out to be.
And before you pull up the missed tackle stats, let me remind you stats don't mean everything and include cases where he dives at the legs to either get the defender off balance or slow him down.

Jeez this statement is becoming one of the most over used sayings on here.
His defence really isnt as bad as people make it out to be.
And before you pull up the missed tackle stats, let me remind you stats don't mean everything and include cases where he dives at the legs to either get the defender off balance or slow him down.

Joely, he's f**king terrible in defense (not saying he doesn't try). It's not just missed tackles, it's non tackles, and the lack of confidence his fellow defenders have in him.

Latest posts