What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we keep Sandow?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon Arthur was happy to accept the plaudits when some of Sandow's individual brilliance got us points and won us games. The dropping of Sandow smacks of sending a message to the public and his employers, but I don't think it's good for the team. We've seen Kelly's awfulness before. And I don't think it would be too hard to find quotes from BA about how happy he was with the way Sandow was playing, when he was doing exactly the same things he's been doing lately.

When was Sandow playing well? We've only won three games and those are the only times you might see Sandow standing out for the right reason.

emjaycee

Coach
Well with Tomkins & Hurrell out and Manu only 50/50 to play, a stronger defensive line will certainly limit there options as out wide they'll lack the power to run straight over us. With those Boys out it really falls on Johnson.

I see a low scoring game. We'll pip them 14-10

Great.
So we win by 4, Manly win by 6 and the Sharks beat the Titans and we are running last.

Noise

Coach
Aren't all halves dependent on their forwards winning the ruck? Something our forwards rarely do.

And now that he will cost about a third the price of our superstar half, who will obviously make the rest of the team perform well, resigning sandow is a no brainer. ;-)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Aren't all halves dependent on their forwards winning the ruck? Something our forwards rarely do.

I'd say they're all good when their forwards win and all shite when on the back foot. But a lot of the time there is just parity. That's where you see a halfback's true worth.

Chipmunk

Coach
you need some clue about how to make the opposition make bad reads in defense .... we will struggle

You generally get bad reads in defence because one team has won the play the ball area sufficiently.

Our team is not good at doing that though.

Last edited:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

Time out, time out, time out bro.... we need to rethink everything.
We've obviously overlooked something important here that's dragged on since 1987.
And to think no one picked up on this common denominator until now.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Actions speak louder than words, Twiz. Arthur has spoken.

I know what you mean, I guess he is not gonna come out and say it, but if Sandow goes back up to NRL in 3 weeks after "working on a few things" it may not be the case.

We shall see.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I know what you mean, I guess he is not gonna come out and say it, but if Sandow goes back up to NRL in 3 weeks after "working on a few things" it may not be the case.

We shall see.

Yeah of course. As always, I could be wrong. Everything I post is just my opinion.

lingard

Coach

We shall see.

And then the question would be: do we really want a halfback who has to be dropped to reserves at least once a year to 'work on a few things'?

Latest posts