What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do we keep Sandow?

Swiftstylez

Bench
I've seen some of the top halfbacks miss crackers this year.
They way people are carrying on makes it seem like he is the only player to ever miss a tackle.

You guys are living in the past, his defence isn't anywhere near as bad as it was and to give me 1 example after 10 rounds pretty much sums up how much his defence has improved.

This x plenty

keep-calm-and-circle-jerk.png

Sandow is the best halfback we have at the club at the moment and it isn't even debatable. I can't look forward to next week with the way the team is going, the losses are inevitable. At least with Sandow this "football team" has some kind of a chance while there's no sign of anything positive now. We made 12 errors or something without Sandow, there wasn't an improvement in stability because our halves aren't the ones giving away the penalties and dropping the balls. Please tell me how Kelly improved ANYTHING at all from goal kicking to the control of the game to field position to our ability to score points (which hasn't been a problem by the way, if any of the top sides were scoring as many points as we have they would win. Bonus tip: We didn't score any points in the first half with Norman and Kelly. So not only do we now have shit attack we have shit defence). How is Kelly better at controlling a game than even Mortimer and if he is good enough for now, why didn't we just keep Mortimer? Our whole squad is either poorly coached or unable to be coached to a first grade standard. Choose one. Despite which you choose, strap yourself in for a few more rebuilding years because you are in denial if you think Sandow alone is the bane in our whole sides lack of discipline and fundamentals. I have watched him closely all year and his defence is one of the best of any halfback, the tackles that count as "missed tackles" are never fatal and are closed down quickly again upon bouncing off.

Keep flogging a dead horse kids.

Last edited:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The issue with Sandow is not his defence , it is his lack of direction in attack. We are paying him to spark the attack but he proves little in guiding the team around or taking the right options in attack.

Swiftstylez

Bench
The issue with Sandow is not his defence , it is his lack of direction in attack. We are paying him to spark the attack but he proves little in guiding the team around or taking the right options in attack.

As opposed to the 0 points we scored in the first half against the warriors AT HOME? The storm have scored 14 points more than us and they are first on the ladder, can you merkins please stop making shit up.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Actually it's both. For how bad he is in defence he should be providing plenty more in attack. He isn't so it's not worth carrying him in the defensive line.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Actually it's both. For how bad he is in defence he should be providing plenty more in attack. He isn't so it's not worth carrying him in the defensive line.

He is missing on average 3.6 tackles a game and has only concede one try apparently, how is that so terrible for a halfback when there is always a few people in our team missing that many tackles or more a game? Before the Storm game, Sandow only missed 1 tackle for three games in a row.

Corey Norman missed 5 against the Warriors and the Rabbitohs, do we drop him?
Watmough missed 5 against the storm, do we drop him?

Last edited:

Swiftstylez

Bench
the issue with sandow is obviously his attitude.

This is fun. His attitude is clearly messed up if he is willing to go back to Wenty, show up with a smile on his face and obliterate the opposing team for a team that was running dead last against a top of the table one in NSW Cup.

Someone

Bench
This is fun. His attitude is clearly messed up if he is willing to go back to Wenty, show up with a smile on his face and obliterate the opposing team for a team that was running dead last against a top of the table one in NSW Cup.

players with their heads screwed on don't crash cars and run away.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I've seen some of the top halfbacks miss crackers this year.
They way people are carrying on makes it seem like he is the only player to ever miss a tackle.

You guys are living in the past, his defence isn't anywhere near as bad as it was and to give me 1 example after 10 rounds pretty much sums up how much his defence has improved.

I don't care if he tries to tackle and gets trampled - but not even attempting to make the tackle is disgusting, and I honestly don't see why calling him out on it is so bad.

Swiftstylez

Bench
players with their heads screwed on don't crash cars and run away.

He didn't run away you obviously didn't read the full story, only the headline grabbing one. He crashed it and was going to be late for his first grade game if he didn't leave so he rang up the dealer and told them the story and they obviously said that was fine...

Swiftstylez

Bench
I don't care if he tries to tackle and gets trampled - but not even attempting to make the tackle is disgusting, and I honestly don't see why calling him out on it is so bad.

Corey Norman has missed 2.5 tackles a game on average this year, Sandow is 3.6 average... and the ones that he does make have been quite effective this year. Please spare me this nonsense, 1 tackle a game that doesn't lead to a try is f**king trivial. I'm out I'll let someone else take over the education. The whole team has been defencively poor, can someone look up how many tackles missed, errors we have made and penalties we have given away. We would be certain to be dead last if those 3 categories were combined. That is either poor coaching or a poor squad. There is no scapegoat required here.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Corey Norman has missed 2.5 tackles a game on average this year, Sandow is 3.6 average... and the ones that he does make have been quite effective this year. Please spare me this nonsense, 1 tackle a game that doesn't lead to a try is f**king trivial. I'm out I'll let someone else take over the education. The whole team has been defencive poor, can someone look up how many tackles, errors we have made and penalties we have given away. We would be dead last.

I like Sandow (though he's not doing enough in attack imo), but all I am saying is that his refusal to even try to tackle Leulia is very poor on his part.

I agree - his general defence has improved tremendously. But not even attempting to make a tackle is very poor.

Joely01

Bench

It's more so the fact that a few on here are saying he has let in so many tries with his defence. I ask for examples I'm given one where it wasn't even just him that decided not to try and tackle leilua. If that means you are a bad defender than every player in the NRL can't defend as every single player has let a single try in a season.

Stop making him out to be the scapegoat in a team that is mentally weak and has many more problems then a number 7 that has the only spark in our team.

I look forward to the next mysterious thing that is Sandows fault in this team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He is missing on average 3.6 tackles a game and has only concede one try apparently, how is that so terrible for a halfback when there is always a few people in our team missing that many tackles or more a game? Before the Storm game, Sandow only missed 1 tackle for three games in a row.

He has conceded a lot more than one try. The example of Leilua's linebreak (for the McManus try) is just illustrative of how you can be shit and still not miss a tackle.

I was a massive fan of Sandow when we signed him and back then I knew he was a poor defender. But I assumed because of his age that he would improve in both defence and decision making.

Four years later he hasn't improved at all. In fact his goal kicking has declined along with his general confidence.

Corey Norman missed 5 against the Warriors and the Rabbitohs, do we drop him?
Watmough missed 5 against the storm, do we drop him?

Are Norman and Watmough among the worst defenders in the NRL?

Swiftstylez

Bench
Eelementary: you fail at reading between the lines. What you posted is a non-issue and it isn't my fault if you can't connect the dots. Also when i quote you I'm not constrained to discuss only your post. Don't be so vain.

Last edited:

Someone

Bench
He didn't run away you obviously didn't read the full story, only the headline grabbing one. He crashed it and was going to be late for his first grade game if he didn't leave so he rang up the dealer and told them the story and they obviously said that was fine...

still shows signs of a player disinterested.

his defence is also rubbish.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He might not be the worst defender in the NRL but he is by far the worst in our club, and in a team with so many lazy or stupid defenders already we can't afford to carry him any longer.

I actually think he is an overall good playmaker. Behind a dominant pack (not just an average one) he would be an elite level playmaker. He is a poor fit for our club in so many ways, and player and club would both be better off parting company.

Swiftstylez

Bench
It's more so the fact that a few on here are saying he has let in so many tries with his defence. I ask for examples I'm given one where it wasn't even just him that decided not to try and tackle leilua. If that means you are a bad defender than every player in the NRL can't defend as every single player has let a single try in a season.

Stop making him out to be the scapegoat in a team that is mentally weak and has many more problems then a number 7 that has the only spark in our team.

I look forward to the next mysterious thing that is Sandows fault in this team.

This x 10000000 #circlejerk

Latest posts