What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
Agree Pat O'Hanlon didn't make and a dozen before him. So Bevan French won't make it either.

Makes sense to me. :sarcasm:

lingard

Coach
There's a reason why we beat 8 clubs for his signature but you're not going to find out after his first game against men.

If that was his first game in NSW Cup, I'm very impressed. Reminds me more of David Peachey than Reece Robinson.

emjaycee

Coach
Looks like the Players Association are advising Grodon to go down the mental anguish path in the hope of forcing the Sharks hand.

I wonder if Cronulla will see fit to release him as I guess despite quitting they can still refuse to allow the registration of a contract with another club while this one has an end-date.

Chipmunk

Coach
Looks like the Players Association are advising Grodon to go down the mental anguish path in the hope of forcing the Sharks hand.

I wonder if Cronulla will see fit to release him as I guess despite quitting they can still refuse to allow the registration of a contract with another club while this one has an end-date.

At the end of the day, do they seriously want a player taking up salary cap space who goes to this length to no longer want to play for them?

Gronk

Staff member
I feel sorry for the merkin. He seems to have got caught up in a contract shit fight over Darcy which has inadvertently stalled his career.

I don't blame Cronulla for playing hardball, notwithstanding.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Don't agree with players walking out when they have a contract.

But Gordon appears to be stuck in the middle of shit sandwich of internal sharks politics.

Was he given permission to negotiate with the eels?

Incorrect

Coach
Don't agree with players walking out when they have a contract.

But Gordon appears to be stuck in the middle of shit sandwich of internal sharks politics.

Was he given permission to negotiate with the eels?

The story goes that Flanagan said he was OK to explore other options but the CEO Lyle Gorman was not aware and when he found this out he kyboshed it... I think that's how it was reported as having gone down...

TheRam

Coach
I'm not sure anyone is saying that Bevan is going to be the next immortal, they are just questioning your personal strike rate Ram.

POH was no where near as sought after as the other kid, infact the Broncos were the only club that wanted him, that said, I never rated him..

That's not how I remember and heard about the kid, but whatever, the point is we have definitely over stated most of our juniors of late and I haven't been all that impressed with Bevan from what I have seen so far.

Touches of brilliance, yeah sure, but to rave and go on about him, well no way. A hell of a long way to go for sure, especially when you consider his build and efforts in games thus far. Just my opinion, lets wait and see, he is still young and he may just surprise me.

TheRam

Coach
Agree Pat O'Hanlon didn't make and a dozen before him. So Bevan French won't make it either.

Makes sense to me. :sarcasm:

You know that that is not what was implied Gronk, so piss off...and f**k your eyes.

Stagger eel

Staff member
That's not how I remember and heard about the kid, but whatever, the point is we have definitely over stated most of our juniors of late and I haven't been all that impressed with Bevan from what I have seen so far.

Touches of brilliance, yeah sure, but to rave and go on about him, well no way. A hell of a long way to go for sure, especially when you consider his build and efforts in games thus far. Just my opinion, lets wait and see, he is still young and he may just surprise me.

.... Aren't we all just waiting and seeing??

For his first game against men it was a pretty good one I thought

I only saw the last 20mins of NSWcup but he looked at home, great positioning, strong kick returns, backing up in the middle. He defiantly has game smarts.

TheRam

Coach

Yes that's true, but I just made a comment on my observation of him. That's all and I have my reservations. But, shit I hope I have massive egg on face in a couple of years and he turns out to be the next Slater.

But we have seen many gifted players come through our system with little NRL result. He just strikes me as another one. Just my opinion. But like I said, the reduction of the interchange may just be his Xmas present.

Status
Not open for further replies.