What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's too skinny but already too quick and skilful for reserve grade. Pretty good footy brain too, for a teenager.

If the club has decided he's the future at fullback I can see why they're confident. This isn't Daniel 'the next Sterlo' Mortimer over again. Morts had far too much to add to his game. French seems like he just needs more experience and muscle (a lot more).

TheRam

Coach
Whatever Mr Cranky. :lol:

This club has broken me!

Errores-que-no-debes-cometer-si-eres-nuevo-en-Facebook.jpg

oldmancraigy

Coach
.... Aren't we all just waiting and seeing??

For his first game against men it was a pretty good one I thought

No staggs.

Everyone is declaring him the next Billy Slater except Ram, who is saying he is the next Pat OHanlon.
So, unless he is the next Slater, Ram is right, no matter if he plays 100FG games or not.

TheRam

Coach
No staggs.

Everyone is declaring him the next Billy Slater except Ram, who is saying he is the next Pat OHanlon.
So, unless he is the next Slater, Ram is right, no matter if he plays 100FG games or not.

omc, I'm still waiting for your list examples of players that I was so wrong on. Put your balls where your mouth is old man.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Anyone who just heard Lyle Gorman on Talkin Sport ??... I'd say after hearing that the deal is pretty much dead

hindy111

Post Whore
Bevan i have now seen a few times. Id like to think i have a good eye for juniors.
I reckon he will play NRL but at what level im not sure.

Comparing him to Robinson is unfair.Robo would tear Wenty apart just like Sandow and Seph did.And a lot of those breaks Bevan make do not happpen at NRL level. Robo is physically bigger and stronger at this stage.
Bevan thou has a great passing game.And also can kick.He is more the Matt Moylan style of fullbacks skill wise with the runnings game of a Barba.That means coming at the line he can force the opposition to hold off him.Skill wise he is leagues above Robo. Some compare him to Barba -Barba is a lot smaller.Bevan actually is not a bad size height wise but has a kids body still.He would get snapped in half in the NRL.
At 19 he still may grow some more but at 181cm its not tiny-I mean Barba is 174.If he shot up another 2-3 cm he would be the same height as most NRL fullbacks but is already as tall as 3-4 good ones.
I think he will more likely be ready in 2017 physically but may be looked at mid year 2016 -Especially if he has a big off season.
Just keep in mind at Wenty level you have to be a huge stand out just to be average in NRL level-Im sure those who watched Seph and Sandow last week understand.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The story goes that Flanagan said he was OK to explore other options but the CEO Lyle Gorman was not aware and when he found this out he kyboshed it... I think that's how it was reported as having gone down...

thats pretty much how the media reported it

Status
Not open for further replies.