What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Colonel

Immortal
Personally, I think BA has done an amazing job when you consider what is going on.

Hayne left, Injuries left right and centre, a f**ked up salary cap which dictates who he can and can't play and DA in the background white anting the rest of the show.... While the board are f**king around sacking anyone and everyone other than the f**king problems.

A-f**king-mazing.

It's funny how the CEO got the flick after the elections and how potentially we may now lose Foran due to incompetence. All this came about after the elections. Could it be that they held on to doing all this till they secured their positions? It just makes me think that the plumber is not as dumb as we thought. He must have have some semblance of an IQ.

My quote of the day from the plumber is:
"Governance AND OTHER STUFF"

Seriously that'll do me get these jokes out of here.

Joely01

Bench
Feel really sorry for BA, he lands the biggest signing in the clubs history only for management I f**k it up.

And having Ando sniffing around like a dog with a bone can't be easy as well.

Yep! The thing is some people still don't think BA is a good coach.... They have rocks in their head.

Ando needs to leave, I was a huge fan back in 09,10 and thought he was unfairly sacked. He goes on about being a parra man, gets another job in the club. And instead of using it to be positive and work with a really good coach, he wants to back stab! Walk away now Ando!

Personally, I think BA has done an amazing job when you consider what is going on.

Hayne left, Injuries left right and centre, a f**ked up salary cap which dictates who he can and can't play and DA in the background white anting the rest of the show.... While the board are f**king around sacking anyone and everyone other than the f**king problems.

A-f**king-mazing.

Wasn't it Serraro that got DA the job?

Jobs for the boys.

Incorrect

Coach
I can't believe that anybody actually wants to coach Parra, be it BA, DA or Sweet F.A... why would you want to out yourself through this shizzle!!!

Kornstar

Coach
Can the more important people on the site tell me when we are allowed to and when we are not allowed to believe the media? I'm really confused?

An article comes out a few weeks ago that states the players don't want to play for BA and we are told it is bullshit. Andrew Webster reiterated this morning that he had sources telling him that the players think he is too strict etc.

I view these reporters the same as car salesmen, I don't know how they sleep at night.

The reaction to some articles (when it suits their agenda) is phenomenal and the hyperbole is amazing but when the article is completely against what they want to hear then it is all bullshit and the pitchforks come out.

So some guidance would be nice, from the important people on the site.

Stagger eel

Staff member

A-f**king-mazing.

Epic to say the least....

I was just telling mate last night, he's the one guy I feel sorry for in all this mess..

Chipmunk

Coach
Seems like a lot of people on here get very confused about the role of theboard and that of the CEO and senior management.
One lot get a token payment and oversee the general direction of the running of the club and hire the senior management.
The others are responsible for the day to day running of the club and meeting the rules and regulations that are required of a licensed club. For this they get payed hundreds of thousands of dollars and are expected to work probably 50 hour weeks.

Board members are only required to attend scheduled meetings which are only about 16 a year. If we want them to be across everything and work 40 hour weeks we need to pay them as full time employees.

@insert.pause... The Board has a responsibility to know - and that's why they pay to employ people in roles like Footy CEO, to be responsible and tell them. Born An Eel has the roles spot on, people expecting the Board/Chair to spend 50 hours a week on voluntary work reading the fine print of every contract don't know how the real world works!

We no longer have a Footy CEO employed, just before the issues with these clauses came to light... you join the dots. The Board has acted decisively when confronted with the issue. What more do you want them to do? (Other than employ someone better qualified for/experienced as a Footy CEO next time....)

If either of you two were the Chairman of the club and you read in the paper more than a month ago that your new $4.8 million signing had a clause in his contract that said he could leave at any time, do you think you would inquire with your employee, the CEO, whether this clause was true?

For the Chairman to suggest that he did not know until the NRL informed the club after Round 13 about the clause is being completely disingenuous or completely incompetent.

Chipmunk

Coach
It was reported on the Matty johns show there was a board meeting where BA was pleading with the board he still wants Foran here.

What are people's thoughts if it was BA that insisted or agreed on the two extraordinary get out clauses for for the KF contract??

As much as I'd love to have Foran here, having those clauses in his contract could send us back another decade. It ain't worth the risk.

I would imagine that every coach would want to get particular players at any cost. But it's the CEO's job to do get the deal done with the best interests of the club, not the coach.

Chipmunk

Coach
Anyway... Once this saga boils over ( God knows when that'll be) watch for the media to go to town on the BA v DA saga which is looking uglier by the day

Anyone who thinks that these 2 are sweet with each other need to go out and get serious help, the league world knows these 2 don't talk and I'm constantly reminded of that by by friends in the media and those who work at other clubs..

Strap yourselves in, this is only the beginning..

Awesome...

IFR33K

Coach
I would imagine that every coach would want to get particular players at any cost. But it's the CEO's job to do get the deal done with the best interests of the club, not the coach.

Well if there was a coaching get out clause it would be in the favour of the coach if it were a marquee signing.

At this stage lets just be grateful the contract wasn't registered and hope Foran still comes with amended clauses.

Incorrect

Coach
Can the more important people on the site tell me when we are allowed to and when we are not allowed to believe the media? I'm really confused?

An article comes out a few weeks ago that states the players don't want to play for BA and we are told it is bullshit. Andrew Webster reiterated this morning that he had sources telling him that the players think he is too strict etc.

I view these reporters the same as car salesmen, I don't know how they sleep at night.

The reaction to some articles (when it suits their agenda) is phenomenal and the hyperbole is amazing but when the article is completely against what they want to hear then it is all bullshit and the pitchforks come out.

So some guidance would be nice, from the important people on the site.

Too true... esp over on the other site. Articles full of sunshine, lollipops and good news are posted by Phil front and centre as justification for why Sharp and Co are the best thing that ever happened to the club.... whereas anything that calls these blokes in to question is labelled as fear mongering, rabble-rousing and utter tripe...

The truth is somewhere in between.... you'd think anyway.... probably closer tipping towards the negative if anything, but things are probably neither as great or as dire as they are portrayed...

Jodeci

Bench
Too true... esp over on the other site. Articles full of sunshine, lollipops and good news are posted by Phil front and centre as justification for why Sharp and Co are the best thing that ever happened to the club.... whereas anything that calls these blokes in to question is labelled as fear mongering, rabble-rousing and utter tripe...

The truth is somewhere in between.... you'd think anyway.... probably closer tipping towards the negative if anything, but things are probably neither as great or as dire as they are portrayed...

At least here we are a bit more balanced and not as dumb as some ppl over there.

Surely ppl with half a brain realise that everything is not as rosy as we are led to believe at Eels Place.

Chipmunk

Coach
Anyway... Once this saga boils over ( God knows when that'll be) watch for the media to go to town on the BA v DA saga which is looking uglier by the day

Anyone who thinks that these 2 are sweet with each other need to go out and get serious help, the league world knows these 2 don't talk and I'm constantly reminded of that by by friends in the media and those who work at other clubs..

Strap yourselves in, this is only the beginning..

Can you or anywhere else elaborate on why the Manager of the Team was sacked. Was he the one who put the Foran contract in the post to the NRL or something?

Jodeci

Bench
Can you or anywhere else elaborate on why the Manager of the Team was sacked. Was he the one who put the Foran contract in the post to the NRL or something?

Jason Irvine is a gear steward. He has nothing to do with anything regarding the running of anything at the club. He simply makes sure all training gear is located at the site they train, beverages and drinks supplied daily to players and staff at training, game day he ensures the sheds are right to go and double checks the equipment.

He has nothing to do with player contracts.

Chipmunk

Coach
Jason Irvine is a gear steward. He has nothing to do with anything regarding the running of anything at the club. He simply makes sure all training gear is located at the site they train, beverages and drinks supplied daily to players and staff at training, game day he ensures the sheds are right to go and double checks the equipment.

He has nothing to do with player contracts.

I gathered this sounded like his role... So why was he sacked? Did he lose a witches hat or something??

Status
Not open for further replies.