What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
CONFUSION reigns in the Kieran Foran contract imbroglio, with the Parramatta Eels submitting two different contracts for the Kiwi Test five-eighth to NRL headquarters.
The first contract the Eels submitted was valued at $4.2 million but had not been signed by Foran and was merely a draft version of what they intended to offer the marquee signing.
The second contract, the one which has set off alarm bells all over rugby league, was valued at the correct term of $4.8 million and contained the bizarre get-out clause including a $1 million damages pay out.

The Eels are now investigating why two different versions of the contract existed at the club’s headquarters at Parramatta, claiming this is the reason why Foran was submitted a reduced offer of $4.2 million last week.
The NRL salary cap auditor Jamie L’Oste-Brown was handed both versions, with the $4.8 million version submitted the only one containing Foran’s signature.
Foran is understandably miffed at how a contract he signed and agreed to in March was then brought back to him valued at $600,000 less three months later.
Eels coach Brad Arthur fronted a board meeting at club headquarters at Parramatta Leagues club on Monday night, where the Eels directors agreed to honour the original $4.8 million figure.
The get-out clause with the $1 million damages payout has been removed, but Parramatta and Foran’s management company SFX Sports are still thrashing out whether the situation can be resolved.
The damage this has done to the Eels could still cost them their marquee signing, with the Manly five-eighth confused at how his integrity is now suddenly making headlines and being called into question.
Eels chairman Steve Sharp is expected to release a statement on Parramatta’s position later today.
Foran’s existing club Manly, along with Canterbury-Bankstown and the Sydney Roosters are all monitoring the situation closely.
If the Eels deal is called off, expect one of those clubs to sign Foran.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...contracts-to-nrl/story-e6frf3tc-1227410801705

Gronk

Staff member
CONFUSION reigns in the Kieran Foran contract imbroglio
How the f**k did she get involved with this ? Anyway, she can sit on my lap in the Cronin Stand.

Natalie-Imbruglia-natalie-imbruglia-261984_256_315.jpg

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
with the Manly five-eighth confused at how his integrity is now suddenly making headlines and being called into question

f**k the media make shit up!!! I can't recall any articles or commentary questioning Foran!! It's all been directed at us.

The Colonel

Immortal
If you read the whole story and stay away from the opening lines the club has agreed to the $4.8 million. They have allowed the Arthur clause to stay AND removed the damages clause.

The rest is trying to stir shit up.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
If you read the whole story and stay away from the opening lines the club has agreed to the $4.8 million. They have allowed the Arthur clause to stay AND removed the damages clause.

The rest is trying to stir shit up.

there is a clear level of ineptness by our administration that cannot be ignored

The Colonel

Immortal
there is a clear level of ineptness by our administration that cannot be ignored

Undoubtedly.

However, there is also a massive amount of speculation surrounding the article as well.

The club need to submit to the NRL's governance review and not do it internally. That is obvious.

lingard

Coach
If this is the case, then perhaps some people need to post their apologies to Anderson?

The $1m walk away clause was outrageous. Just horrible. If Ando has indeed negotiated that out of the deal, then he has done an excellent job.

Absolutely. Too many people on here assume Anderson is incompetent or worse, because someone at some time said that he was hopeless at player recruitment and retention and salary-cap management. But nobody here knows the real truth. Just because an ex-NRL coach once said hello to you doesn't make you an expert (does it, Dellboy?) It's funny how this thread has developed: within the space of about two posts we went from Seward and Sharpe-bashing to painting Anderson out to be some sort of Fu Manchu, wringing his hands and plotting Brad Arthur's downfall. It's madness..

Gronk

Staff member

I agree. One thing is definite. No merkin who posts on this website has the slightest clue who's f**k up this is. Anyone who points the finger at an individual is guessing.

Last edited:

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Undoubtedly.

However, there is also a massive amount of speculation surrounding the article as well.

The club need to submit to the NRL's governance review and not do it internally. That is obvious.

there would be zero speculation if correct structures and procedures were in place. it doesn't matter what the speculation is, the club is looking like a running joke because it allows itself to be in this position

So what have we done over the years for the media to be out to get us all the time, this is just turned into something that is out of control.
Yes i can see we deserved to be dragged through to mud on this one if it is all true and that's if. I'd say about 20% of what is in the media is correct and the rest is just them jumping to conclusions.

lingard

Coach
As I've said previously, I was about to go follow another sport a couple of weeks ago. I was getting frustrated and angry about the continued dysfunction of this club. But, when I hear Parramatta referred to as a basket-case on national television ......... that's where I draw the line. That's my club they're talking about. The club I've followed since I was a little boy. The club my father and my brothers (all now deceased) followed. I can't abandon them now. I can certainly deplore the dysfunction that seems to be quite evident - but I don't know all the facts (as none of you do, either) so I can't go pointing fingers, etc. I'm going to ignore all the politics, all the rumours, all the conspiracy theories. I'm going to forget about who will be playing for us next year and who won't. I'm going to forget about salary-cap breaches and contract problems and who (supposedly) wants whose job. What I'm going to do is support the players on the field this weekend when we take on the might of St George. I expect we'll get flogged, but I don't care. I'm going to be cheering for every little thing the Parramatta players do right. Because this is the club my family followed - and now that they are no longer alive, I'm continuing the journey until I'm no longer alive. GO PARRA!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Haven't posted on here in years but after the recent circumstances I thought I would express how I feel.

Reading stuff like this really irritates me, we have gone through a ridiculous number of coaches in recent years and it always seems to be the coach's fault no matter what the situation is.

We have a mediocre backline with a very young and talented forward pack, we have been riddled with injuries and bad luck no to mention we have lost the greatest player in the game who before his departure we couldn't win a game without.

And people want to sit here and continue to blame Arthur and what he is doing and or done, I think the job his done is admirable and from what I have heard and seen the players really respond well to him. Other getting the boot is possibly the worst thing possible that could happen right now, despite having his back against the wall he presents a very hard fighting and solid footy team. Yes we are by far and away the dumbest team in the comp but he is dealing with a playing group and club that is rotten to the core, the culture here stinks, the philosophy is wrong and he is trying to rewrite it all with very minimal help.

Arthur could leave today and I would put solid money on him being snapped up in no time, when are we going to stop blaming coaches and start blaming the players and the club and make them take some responsibility for our struggles?

This whole Foran thing just sums up this club, the NRL need Parramatta but at this rate we do not even deserve to be in the NRL.

I am sick of listening to everyone rubbish and degrade our once great club due to it being run like a shambles and all the back room shit.

The club is in its darkest times since I have been around and it pains me to no end to see what it has become.
Great post, I have been critical of some of the coaches selections and bench rotations but the coach is the least of this clubs problems. He has the hardest job in the NRL ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts