What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penalty Differentials

Cockosh

Juniors
Less ill disciplined than the other 7 teams who have conceded more penalties this year.

I take it you agree the myth is busted. You do understand that was the point?

Cockosh

Juniors
Unusual for the Dogs? You have no idea..

Are you saying that the dogs regularly don't get penalties in the second half of games? I don't know the stats on that, but I strongly doubt it.

The dogs have received 36 2nd half penalties in 10 games this year compared to roosters 15. Unlike the roosters who have had 3 games with no penalties dogs lowest was 1 on 2 occasions. Ironically against the roosters. In the other game where they only got 1 the total penalty count was only 4-2 to cowboys. In the first 8 games this year dogs averaged over 4 2nd half penalties compared to chooks 1.5

You have no idea

cooko

Juniors
So tonight the Storm win the penalty count 11-6 despite only getting 40% possession.

Cockosh

Juniors
Only 1 2nd half penalty again for chooks last night.
That makes a total of 24 in 14 games this year, an avg 1.7 per game
10 games of 14 where we have received 2 or less 2nd half penalties.

Must have broken Ben Cummins heart to see the Roosters hold on for the win last night, despite his brave effort to try and get the dragons home in the second half.

I'm pretty sure that's 41 games in a row that the Roosters have now been awarded less than 8 penalties. Probably just a coincidence though :roll:

ek999

First Grade
What were the penalties to the Dragons for and what what the penalty to the Roosters for?

I can't recall them all but I can recall a couple in the first half -
  • Jake Friend penalised for a high tackle;
  • Sio Siua Taukeiaho penalised for holding down on the 5th tackle.

Cockosh

Juniors
What a coincidence, Roosters penalties came when defend their line....

I posted this in May. To dispel the same myth you are trying to perpetuate

While I'm at lets debunk the whole "Roosters give away penalties on purpose defending their own line, to reset their defence" myth.

69 penalties conceded in 10 games.
Only 24 penalties conceded in their own half (8 vs Cowboys)
11 penalties conceded inside their own 20 ( 4 vs Cowboys)
45 penalties conceded in the oppositions half
28 of these inside the oppositions 25 metres
41% of all Roosters penalties conceded are inside the oppositions 25m.

SET2JT

Juniors
I posted this in May. To dispel the same myth you are trying to perpetuate

While I'm at lets debunk the whole "Roosters give away penalties on purpose defending their own line, to reset their defence" myth.

69 penalties conceded in 10 games.
Only 24 penalties conceded in their own half (8 vs Cowboys)
11 penalties conceded inside their own 20 ( 4 vs Cowboys)
45 penalties conceded in the oppositions half
28 of these inside the oppositions 25 metres
41% of all Roosters penalties conceded are inside the oppositions 25m.
Every team gives away penalties inside their 20m to reset their line when a quick play the ball happens or a half break. Last night u guys didn't have JWH in your side to give penalties to the Dragons inside the Dragons half. Last night the Roosters gave away 3 Penalties away on half time when they were under the pump.

firechild

First Grade
I can't believe this thread is still going. Are Rorters fans the biggest bunch of whingers going round?

Only 1 2nd half penalty again for chooks last night.
That makes a total of 24 in 14 games this year, an avg 1.7 per game
10 games of 14 where we have received 2 or less 2nd half penalties.

So you're saying that the refs give the roosters all of their leg ups in the first half so they can get early momentum? Makes sense.

Cockosh

Juniors
Update to rd15

100 penalties conceded in 14 games.
Only 37 penalties conceded in their own half (8 vs Cowboys rd1)
20 penalties conceded inside their own 20 ( 4 vs Cowboys rd1)
59 penalties conceded in the oppositions half
32 of these inside the oppositions 25 metres
32% of all Roosters penalties conceded are inside the oppositions 25m.
15 penalties conceded inside our own 10m defending our line. That averages to 1 per game.
4 penalties in possession
For the record only 2 of the 7 penalties we gave away let night were in our own half. Guerra 26m out for holding down. Evans 5m out for "high shot".

Deliberate tactics lol

18to87

First Grade
So you're saying that the refs give the roosters all of their leg ups in the first half so they can get early momentum? Makes sense.

This is exactly what happened. I remember the commentator saying that St George had 31% of possession at about the 36 minute mark. Last years Dragons would have been down 26-6 at that point.