What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne to the NFL!

Will Jarryd Hayyne make it in the NFL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ash411

Bench
Follow up is the key for Hayne, just need to keep doing what he?s doing. His best chance to make it as a returner despite his big run at halfback. Even if he doesn?t make the 53 man squad, I fully expect him to land on a practice squad somewhere and see how he develops.

If the 49'ers put him on the practice squad, I have no doubt another team with a weak PR/KR position will pick him up for their squad pretty quickly.

strider

Post Whore
Surely he has done enough so far to make scouts salivate ... you'd think he'd have to do plenty of bad shit from here to miss out.

Incorrect

Coach
If the 49'ers put him on the practice squad, I have no doubt another team with a weak PR/KR position will pick him up for their squad pretty quickly.

So you're saying I should have kept the receipt from Peter Wynn's Score for that San Fran #38 shirt I bought in case he ends up at the Dolphins, or Seahawks, or Lakers????

Suitman

Post Whore
I saw someone wearing one of those 49er's Hayne 38 shirts out at Kellyville Netball courts two weeks ago.

Suity

ash411

Bench
So you're saying I should have kept the receipt from Peter Wynn's Score for that San Fran #38 shirt I bought in case he ends up at the Dolphins, or Seahawks, or Lakers????

Nah, I think you're pretty safe, the 49'ers aren't likely to cut him or put him on the practice squad if they're already licensing merch with his name on it.

Kornstar

Coach
Nah, I think you're pretty safe, the 49'ers aren't likely to cut him or put him on the practice squad if they're already licensing merch with his name on it.

Nah, just a cash grab. They know enough Aussies will buy one just to have one but I wouldn't be assuming he is guaranteed anything based on this.

Plus, they are so rich that if they don't make anything off it they won't really care.

alien

Referee
The only thing Inglis has over Hayne is number of boats and being the king of self harm.

what about premierships??? :lol:

i like hayne. he was an excellent rugby league player, but some of you are over exaggerating a bit how good he was, especially when you say that one of the best players ever to play the game is "no where near as good as hayne". i guess it is the parra section though, so i guess i shouldn't be too surprised. i hope he kicks arse over in the states. i'll be watching

alien

Referee
i like hayne but i swear it's starting to get a little creepy in this thread. it's almost like some strange cult worshipping him like he is god. freakin' weirdos! i'm outta here!

Eelementary

Post Whore
You mean this one?

http://youtu.be/tVol-ruR-cI

I see left foot steps moving to the right....

I agree that Hayne was better then both SBW and Folau but I do think SBW was on a similar level or very close atleast. i agree that Hayne would shine in Union but the stuff he does in league would no way transfer on to Union, which has 2 extra players, better defensive structure and better defenders in general.

I thought both Hindmarsha and Fui outweighed him and were shorter?

I've seen Hayne being praised by many but not Lockyer, Bennet or sheens....

I agree we never got to see much of Rupeni's defence but that's kind of hard when you play on the wing. yes I do disagree with you respectfully and yes unfortunately he's gone but thankfully it looks like he'll be putting his talents to good use in the NFL and making his fellow Parra fans and his loyal Fijian followers proud.

I think I got the wrong game - I remember Gus was commentating and madenote of it, and I watched the replay in slow-motion and he was right. I thought it was the Dragons Final, but perhaps not.

Couple of years back, Locky wrote in a Queensland paper about Hayne, and Bennett talked him up during the World Cup we lost where he played for Fiji.

True - it's hard to shine in defence on the wing.

In any case, Rupeni was a freak.

Eelementary

Post Whore

i like hayne. he was an excellent rugby league player, but some of you are over exaggerating a bit how good he was, especially when you say that one of the best players ever to play the game is "no where near as good as hayne". i guess it is the parra section though, so i guess i shouldn't be too surprised. i hope he kicks arse over in the states. i'll be watching

Inglis

219 club games
133 club tries
27 appearances for Qld
34 for Australia

Hayne

176 club games (all for one club with a crappy team)
103 club tries
20 for NSW
12 for Australia
4 for Fiji

Not much in it tbh - except Inglis has played his entire career in great teams.

If Inglis is "one of the greatest players ever to play the game", then Hayne easily slots in right beside him.

alien

Referee
Inglis

219 club games
133 club tries
27 appearances for Qld
34 for Australia

Hayne

176 club games (all for one club with a crappy team)
103 club tries
20 for NSW
12 for Australia
4 for Fiji

Not much in it tbh - except Inglis has played his entire career in great teams.

If Inglis is "one of the greatest players ever to play the game", then Hayne easily slots in right beside him.

good post! i agree!

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Exactly, f**k back off to the Tigers for whoops i mean Souffs forum.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hayne or inglis.... That laughable IMO...... It is not even close. Inglis is a great runner of the ball but no better then Hayne.There defense would be equal and same as safety....But In every other aspect Hayne is superior. Kicking-Passing-vision.Kind of why he has 2 x dally m's and why Inglis can go missing in games.

I guess the problem is as a fullback you do not really need a great passing game or kicking so as a fullback with good halves options Inglis is just as effective.In a team with ordinary halves Hayne comes out way on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.