What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne to the NFL!

Will Jarryd Hayyne make it in the NFL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I got the wrong game - I remember Gus was commentating and madenote of it, and I watched the replay in slow-motion and he was right. I thought it was the Dragons Final, but perhaps not.

Couple of years back, Locky wrote in a Queensland paper about Hayne, and Bennett talked him up during the World Cup we lost where he played for Fiji.

True - it's hard to shine in defence on the wing.

In any case, Rupeni was a freak.

I'm actually interested to see this now... Right of the right foot and vice versa, wonder how that works!

True. I didn't get to read that and unfortunately they never published it online. Shame really. I've seen Ivan Henjack call him the best in the world, John Cartwright as well and so have SBW and Darius Boyd. That's pretty impressive.

Loved watching Rupeni back in the day, the way he use to break tackles, step and accelerate was crazy. I see a lot of him in Hayne actually. Fiji always has freakish athletes, I mean there's a guy who weighs 130 kgs playing on the wing for the Crusaders. We're just freakish like that :lol:

Malabar Eel

Juniors
I'm actually interested to see this now... Right of the right foot and vice versa, wonder how that works!

True. I didn't get to read that and unfortunately they never published it online. Shame really. I've seen Ivan Henjack call him the best in the world, John Cartwright as well and so have SBW and Darius Boyd. That's pretty impressive.

Loved watching Rupeni back in the day, the way he use to break tackles, step and accelerate was crazy. I see a lot of him in Hayne actually. Fiji always has freakish athletes, I mean there's a guy who weighs 130 kgs playing on the wing for the Crusaders. We're just freakish like that :lol:

Nemani Nadolo is the most gifted player ive seen for along time. Devastating runner, great ball skills and kicking game. Fiji does breed great talent!

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
but the stuff he does in league would no way transfer on to Union, which has 2 extra players, better defensive structure and better defenders in general. /QUOTE]

Folau is an out and out superstar in union and was just an above average NRL player. Taqele Naiyaravoro didn't even crack thr tigers backline yet when he moved over to union and was getting good game time at the Tahs. Hayne would be like Folau, Dan Carter and Quade Cooper (at his best) combined if he were to go over to union.

Parra

Referee
but the stuff he does in league would no way transfer on to Union, which has 2 extra players, better defensive structure and better defenders in general. /QUOTE]

Folau is an out and out superstar in union and was just an above average NRL player. Taqele Naiyaravoro didn't even crack thr tigers backline yet when he moved over to union and was getting good game time at the Tahs. Hayne would be like Folau, Dan Carter and Quade Cooper (at his best) combined if he were to go over to union.

I think you've confused Tahu & Folau.

Folau was a great NRL talent. That is why he was targetted. He'd be back in the NRL with us but for Schubert.

He is going great as a rugby fullback. Even with his talent he took 12 months to get the positional play right. When a break was made he just wasn't in the right place to take advantage. Now he reads the play well so he is putting himself in the right place at the right time. Even for a talented player it takes time to get things right. And this is without being a playmaker like a fly half. Folau is no Dan Carter.

If he starts as a RB this is where Hayne will do some awesome learning. Not so much the set play, but what happens next - the ad-hoc stuff. He gets this right, he gets the confidence of his QB and anything could happen.

Eelementary

Post Whore

It was freakish - I tried to emulate it, and nearly broje my legs lol.

Fijians are insanely great athletes - I love watching tneir rugyb 7's team. Behemoths who run like Joven Clarke and have great skill. Sensational.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I think you've confused Tahu & Folau.

Folau was a great NRL talent. That is why he was targetted. He'd be back in the NRL with us but for Schubert.

He is going great as a rugby fullback. Even with his talent he took 12 months to get the positional play right. When a break was made he just wasn't in the right place to take advantage. Now he reads the play well so he is putting himself in the right place at the right time. Even for a talented player it takes time to get things right. And this is without being a playmaker like a fly half. Folau is no Dan Carter.

If he starts as a RB this is where Hayne will do some awesome learning. Not so much the set play, but what happens next - the ad-hoc stuff. He gets this right, he gets the confidence of his QB and anything could happen.

Nah I'm not. Tahu was apparently shit at union, I wouldn't know I didn't really take notice of the game pre-2013. As I said Folau is an out and out superstar in uniom and he isn't half the player Hayne is. To say that Hayne's game wouldn't translate to Union well is laughable.

Hayne could play any sport and kill it, he'd make curling the #1 sport in NSW and QLD if he went to play it.

Parra

Referee
Tahu went OK at rugby as well. Just took a bit longer to learn the game and be in the right place at the right time.

Folau average? He was only like the youngest ever kangaroos till last year, won QLD a series with his freakish arial abilities and was dominating the NRL week in and week out. Taqele was actually pretty good at league but couldn't get in because of Nofoluma and Richards. Marika Koribeti wasn't selected over those two and was let go to Melbourne, look at how he's doing there.

Hayne is an athletic freak and would no doubt excell in Union given the proper coaching and development. But no way will he have the skills and vision that Dan Carter has, you could say he's Folau, Cooper and SBW but definitely not Carter. It's take much more skill, vision and composure to play as a first five in Union then a Half in League. It's a much more structured with less space to work off, no doubt Hayne would be hugely successful in Union but no way does he transfer what he does at Parra week in and week out to Union if he went there.

Tahu went OK at rugby as well. Just took a bit longer to learn the game and be in the right place at the right time.

Tahu was ok, Chambers I think was terrible. Like I was saying earlier you don't get the space in Union that you get in league and he just couldn't hack the structures in Union. He wasn't fast enough to play on the wing so was just shit.

strider

Post Whore
I would not swap Hayne for Faliu or Inglis at their peak. Hayne's all round game just gives him the edge.

thats pretty much what it boils down to - if all at the top of their game and you were picking teams, who would you take if you had first pick ..... hayne for sure

thats pretty much what it boils down to - if all at the top of their game and you were picking teams, who would you take if you had first pick ..... hayne for sure

Yep. He stood out like Clinton Shifcoske on a Raiders highlights reel. But we watched the whole thing. They're all very good to great, but Hayne is my pick.

T.S Quint

Coach
Folau average? He was only like the youngest ever kangaroos till last year, won QLD a series with his freakish arial abilities and was dominating the NRL week in and week out. Taqele was actually pretty good at league but couldn't get in because of Nofoluma and Richards. Marika Koribeti wasn't selected over those two and was let go to Melbourne, look at how he's doing there.

Hayne is an athletic freak and would no doubt excell in Union given the proper coaching and development. But no way will he have the skills and vision that Dan Carter has, you could say he's Folau, Cooper and SBW but definitely not Carter. It's take much more skill, vision and composure to play as a first five in Union then a Half in League. It's a much more structured with less space to work off, no doubt Hayne would be hugely successful in Union but no way does he transfer what he does at Parra week in and week out to Union if he went there.

He didn't say Folau was average.
He said he was above average. Which he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts