What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newscorp And Rugby League

insert.pause

First Grade
The morning of the Dally M's, the NRL should pull their support and cancel players/clubs from going.

They should ban the sale of Big League at NRL grounds.

They should ban all players from speaking to News Ltd journalists.

No more photos. No mores stories.

LOL.

The Dally M's have been turned into a foxtel staff party, there's no way it will be included in the next deal, the NRL need to gain control over it, it's so embarrassing watching swimmers and random Australian soap actors presenting awards to footballers, it cheapens the award.

Big League is apparently under review because the NRL want teams to be named later in the week exclusive on nrl.com, and apparently big league can't delay printing.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
News Ltd is going berserk trying to destabilise rugby league and our leaders.

They are full of it remember this is the same mob who discredited Smith and his handling of the Cronulla drugs scandal constantly saying the AFL/Essendon were handling it so much better. Yet at the end of the day the NRL were praised for their handling of the situation by ASADA and the AFL were REALLY the basketcase. But News Ltd with Bec Wilson pushing their barrow never gave him credit.

Remember News for years ran league down thus driving it's value down. Who can forget the Bulldogs Coffs Harbour episode which they ran like crazy with when in reality the Bulldogs were innocent and now they never mention the r word which they use to drop every 5 minutes. Once again not letting facts get in the way of their agendas.

Wilson use to praise Gallop......enough said and she has been death riding Smith since he took over and sacked the knucklehead we use to have "running" our game.

Why the constant attacks on Smith and Grants cars of choice, trying to create the perception they are out of touch. Yet no comment on the AFL's polo playing CEO.

I have great faith in Grant and Smith check their business backgrounds. The talk that Smith has been left floundering is BS, do you think a man who use to run large banks with assets of $50 billion would have not done his homework or expected a backlash from Rupert. These guys know about the technology that is upon us and haven't rushed into anything, they will have a plan.

We are in safe hands people, the whinging and whining from News Ltd's puppets Kent and Wilson and threats from Rupert are sure signs we have them rattled which is a GREAT thing.

strong_latte

Juniors
News Ltd is going berserk trying to destabilise rugby league and our leaders.

They are full of it remember this is the same mob who discredited Smith and his handling of the Cronulla drugs scandal constantly saying the AFL/Essendon were handling it so much better. Yet at the end of the day the NRL were praised for their handling of the situation by ASADA and the AFL were REALLY the basketcase. But News Ltd with Bec Wilson pushing their barrow never gave him credit.

Remember News for years ran league down thus driving it's value down. Who can forget the Bulldogs Coffs Harbour episode which they ran like crazy with when in reality the Bulldogs were innocent and now they never mention the r word which they use to drop every 5 minutes. Once again not letting facts get in the way of their agendas.

Wilson use to praise Gallop......enough said and she has been death riding Smith since he took over and sacked the knucklehead we use to have "running" our game.

Why the constant attacks on Smith and Grants cars of choice, trying to create the perception they are out of touch. Yet no comment on the AFL's polo playing CEO.

I have great faith in Grant and Smith check their business backgrounds. The talk that Smith has been left floundering is BS, do you think a man who use to run large banks with assets of $50 billion would have not done his homework or expected a backlash from Rupert. These guys know about the technology that is upon us and haven't rushed into anything, they will have a plan.

We are in safe hands people, the whinging and whining from News Ltd's puppets Kent and Wilson and threats from Rupert are sure signs we have them rattled which is a GREAT thing.

This.

Somebody please get send to Matty Johns.

The Dally M's have been turned into a foxtel staff party, there's no way it will be included in the next deal, the NRL need to gain control over it, it's so embarrassing watching swimmers and random Australian soap actors presenting awards to footballers, it cheapens the award.

Big League is apparently under review because the NRL want teams to be named later in the week exclusive on nrl.com, and apparently big league can't delay printing.

Big League has been s#it for a few years anyway.

The team lists never resemble what runs out. The editorial / articles are going through the motions. And full of ads.

I'd rather see a decent electronic alternative - hint, hint LU (don't think I haven't noticed you boosting your content which is awesome). Now...to the masses!

As much as I am a hoarder and collector of RL mags, the days of print are numbered and I'm only doing it out of habit. That NL own BL...well, feck 'em if I'll keep buying it.

some11

Referee
RL has been cruising for a while without a major perception of 'crisis'.

It's about bloody time we had some entertainment from butthurt, face-like-a-busted-arsehole Rupes.

insert.pause

First Grade
RL has been cruising for a while without a major perception of 'crisis'.

It's about bloody time we had some entertainment from butthurt, face-like-a-busted-arsehole Rupes.

really? There has been whinging that the games been in crisis for the last 3 years, coincidentally the same time News have been out of the game.

Canard

Immortal
The latest News agenda "The Warriors should be removed from the comp".

They are one thing that the AFL can't ever hope to emulate or replicate, so it's time to go!

The reason, "They should have won more!" That's it! Nothing actually substantial

some11

Referee
really? There has been whinging that the games been in crisis for the last 3 years, coincidentally the same time News have been out of the game.

It was only really around 2012/13 that the usual suspects had their knives out, they're blowing their wad early again as the alcoholics at large wont be able to keep it up for another two years.

Cletus

First Grade
The latest News agenda "The Warriors should be removed from the comp".

They are one thing that the AFL can't ever hope to emulate or replicate, so it's time to go!

The reason, "They should have won more!" That's it! Nothing actually substantial

Where do they say that? Interestingly Mcglaughlan said that NZ is the AFLs target for international domination.

some11

Referee
Where do they say that? Interestingly Mcglaughlan said that NZ is the AFLs target for international domination.

Anyone got the clip of the ALF stooge asking New Zealanders what they thought of fumbleball?

One of them goes "it's a bit soft" then some kid screams out "ruuuuugggbyyyy leeeeeeeeeeaaaaagggguueee" :lol:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Big League has been s#it for a few years anyway.

The team lists never resemble what runs out. The editorial / articles are going through the motions. And full of ads.

I'd rather see a decent electronic alternative - hint, hint LU (don't think I haven't noticed you boosting your content which is awesome). Now...to the masses!

As much as I am a hoarder and collector of RL mags, the days of print are numbered and I'm only doing it out of habit. That NL own BL...well, feck 'em if I'll keep buying it.

I really wish that nrl clubs would run their own matchday programs like practically every pro sports club in europe does. Actually i know semi pro and amateur organisations that print a matchday program in the uk. Its would be a great of building club loyalty and fan culture.

DiegoNT

First Grade

Afl would be arrogant enough to think that they could challenge the all blacks for popularity in NZ.
it would be doomed from the start and just be another money pit

I really wish that nrl clubs would run their own matchday programs like practically every pro sports club in europe does. Actually i know semi pro and amateur organisations that print a matchday program in the uk. Its would be a great of building club loyalty and fan culture.

Souths did until a couple of years ago when they got in to bed with Big League.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Lol did that merkin really say they had 30k players in nz? 95% of those players are kiwikick "participants", ie nz kids that had a Sharron thrown in there face for a one day school program.
Rob says that there are 30,000 participants in Australian football programs in New Zealand. Of these 95% are based in Kiwikick – the New Zealand variety of Auskick. Expatriate Australians would make up less than 2% of the total.
http://www.footyindustry.com/?page_id=582

Merkins can't help but bullshit.