What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers's Terminate Cleary's Contract

magpie4ever

First Grade
Only a complete fool who knows f*ck all about the sport would make a comment like this.

And you are the complete fool if you believe NYC is anything but a f**king football joke where you learn how not to tackle. It is kiddies football.

The only possible future 1st grader from the pennies NYC gf team is Robert Jennings and that is not a given.

Pantherjim.

Referee
And you are the complete fool if you believe NYC is anything but a f**king football joke where you learn how not to tackle. It is kiddies football.

The only possible future 1st grader from the pennies NYC gf team is Robert Jennings and that is not a given.

You're a fairdinkum idiot.

Do the world a favour and go and play on the runway at Kingsford Smith.

Hopefully you'll find an A380 turbine and it will be quick for you.

magpie4ever

First Grade
You're a fairdinkum idiot.

Do the world a favour and go and play on the runway at Kingsford Smith.

Hopefully you'll find an A380 turbine and it will be quick for you.

Yeah, snakeman. Slide on that slippery belly you legless twat.:lol:

PS: name all future future 1st graders, you cigar muncher?

Wizardman

First Grade
I didn't put my foot in it.

I'm standing by what I've said.

As do Many other Penrith fans who were around at the time.

You really are a twit.

Phil Gould has dropped players before and after Ben Alexander. He did his job...to make Penrith the best team it could be.

Phil Gould did not juice him up with alcohol and hand him the keys to drive. While the incident was a total tragedy, the person sadly responsible for that was Ben.

To tie Gould up with that is disgusting.

axl rose

Bench
Gould is no stranger to poor decisions in his history with this club.

After all, there was that - "91' Premiership blazer - Ben Alexander overlooked for same and demoted to reserve grade - Honda Integra into a telegraph pole in Colyton after drowning his sorrows in 10 middies" - Thingy

Actually it had more to do with speeding, DUI and not wearing a seat belt. Anyway as poster above says, you are scum.

Blues Riff

Bench
I was around at the time Pantherjim. Ben made his own decisions.

His bro' practically begged Gus back to save the club.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Gould is no stranger to poor decisions in his history with this club.

After all, there was that - "91' Premiership blazer - Ben Alexander overlooked for same and demoted to reserve grade - Honda Integra into a telegraph pole in Colyton after drowning his sorrows in 10 middies" - Thingy

That's one of the dumbest f**king things I've ever heard, and this is a forum with rhyno, bunniesman and broncos911 on it.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Actually it had more to do with speeding, DUI and not wearing a seat belt. Anyway as poster above says, you are scum.

:shock: It really is deeply concerning to me that you think of me as "scum"

After all, we are on a Rugby League Internet forum. It's the be all and end all of who we are as people.

Thank you for your post. I will print it and staple it to my résumé.

Moreover I will show it to all my friends and family so that they can see that some guy in an Internet forum has asserted that I am "scum" and they must feel the same.

I'm looking forward to using you as a character reference! Can I please?

The caliber of your talents should never be under-utilised!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Surprising decision, Warriors must be very happy if he is going back sooner. Gus doesn't like to have the rug pulled from under him if his eventual move was the reason for his sacking lol.

Panthers to do a parra and implode next season?

If the NZ Warriors do not want him back, he may end up as coach of the Catalans Dragons. The Catalans club has underperformed, coming 7th, despite signing some pretty talented players.

Panthers long term injured in 2015:

Matt Moylan

Josh Mansour, Dean Phare, Jamal Idris,

Jamie Soward
Peter Wallace,

James Segyaro

That list was half the run on team, including 6 out of 7 backs, and the star hooker.

Impossible for a coach to win with that burden of injuries.

Gus Gould is a cruel and heartless man. He deserves a painful death.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If indeed it is Griffin to replace Cleary, welcome to pain Panthers fans. Drop in on the Warriors forum and read the last four seasons of threads to become accustomed to what you're about to go through.

http://m.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-p...rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Gould has bullshit coming out his eyeballs.

He reckoned Cleary 'struggled' this year...and was stressed. Yeah, I reckon that's what happens in an under-performing year with so many injuries. And losing players? No-ones harmonious in a shit year.

I used to think Rothfield was a tool for going after Gould and his methods but he might be onto something.

BranVan3000

Coach
Bad injury tolls have followed Cleary around his entire career as coach. It's no coincidence the best coaches are also the best at keeping their team on the field. Some injuries are unavoidable, particularly bone injuries. But if you have a lot of injuries happening consistently, many outside of games, then you have issues with your training and performance management

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Bad injury tolls have followed Cleary around his entire career as coach. It's no coincidence the best coaches are also the best at keeping their team on the field. Some injuries are unavoidable, particularly bone injuries. But if you have a lot of injuries happening consistently, many outside of games, then you have issues with your training and performance management

Huh? The Warriors didn't have any especially bad seasons under Cleary injury wise.