What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos Discussion

LineBall

Juniors
Yeah, Souths really look best with no side panels - white rabbit and white numbering - with black shorts. If they want to do the home and away thing - change the shorts to white. The only time they need a different jersey IMO is if they play Canberra in Canberra.

Cowboy_4_Life

Juniors
Tiger indig. jersey is the best jersey I've seen this season (so far). The 9's is pretty good too, but they went with predominantly white shorts - reckon it would look better with mostly black.

Rex Terp

First Grade
I'm a Saints fan but the Tigers Nines jersey is the better execution of what the Dragons tried to do with this year's Nines jumper. Tigers one is a lot cleaner whereas Saints one looked cluttered. Very nice design.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bunnies away:

20151110194224-SOU2.PNG

All revealed designs so far: http://leagueunlimited.com/news/27095-2016-nrl-club-jerseys/

Rooster8

Juniors
Is it just me or is anyone else disappointed with ISC this year? I understand manufactures cannot be blamed for the design of different club's jerseys but all the 2016 training gear looks the same, dull and lifeless unlike the new Penrith 2016 Training kit or even Cronulla's. It seems like Roosters have adapted the grey training gear look like Rabbitohs did last year and it doesn't at all work well with the navy and red.
As for the jerseys, I didn't see a reason why 2015's design with the stylish neckline and shorter sleeves wasn't continued this year. I understand that the neckline probably has some player enhancing performance technology around it, but I much preferred last years neckline. As for the sleeves, it seems as if we've gone back in time to the 80's and readapted the elbow sleeves, looks a bit like the EPL's loose jerseys. It probably has something to do with allowing sponsors more room to advertise, I understand they pay hundreds of thousands of dollars but they integrated well with the shorter sleeves last year.

cooko

Juniors
Is there a link to the roosters training gear.

Gotta admit I don't like the cut of the new ISC stuff. Just picked up a 2015 roosters jersey for $70. Same sponsors but preferred this years collar and sleeves much more.

Noname36

First Grade
Those Cowboys jerseys look absolutely horrendous IMO.

The Indigenous one is kinda cool for a once off but the home one in particular is terrible. Looks like a shirt my uncle would wear.

stevenwbird

Juniors
CTe4_RSVAAAAmd_P_jpg_large.jpg
[/url]

[/IMG]

Panthers away jersey. Home to be released on Saturday. Looks nice however i was kinda hoping to lose the pink for next season.

Last edited:

kdalymc

Bench
Is it just me or is anyone else disappointed with ISC this year? I understand manufactures cannot be blamed for the design of different club's jerseys but all the 2016 training gear looks the same, dull and lifeless unlike the new Penrith 2016 Training kit or even Cronulla's. It seems like Roosters have adapted the grey training gear look like Rabbitohs did last year and it doesn't at all work well with the navy and red.
As for the jerseys, I didn't see a reason why 2015's design with the stylish neckline and shorter sleeves wasn't continued this year. I understand that the neckline probably has some player enhancing performance technology around it, but I much preferred last years neckline. As for the sleeves, it seems as if we've gone back in time to the 80's and readapted the elbow sleeves, looks a bit like the EPL's loose jerseys. It probably has something to do with allowing sponsors more room to advertise, I understand they pay hundreds of thousands of dollars but they integrated well with the shorter sleeves last year.

In the actual jerseys, one team has longer sleeves

ACTPanthers

Bench
I was actually really hoping the Pink was gone... Oh well, better get used to it - We'll be wearing that thing more often than anything else that gets released :eek:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
at least you can tell its the roosters. it'd be nice if clubs maintained some form of identity in their jersey - even if its maintaining the same colour scheme.

i reckon every year we say "these are some of the worst jersey's ever released" then next year comes along and they somehow top it...

Yes, clubs like Souths, Dragons, Roosters, have maintained the same home design for years and years people love that tradition, then you've got Cronulla who have recently gone back the early 70s design, Bulldogs have brought back the original V, Parra went back to the mid 70s early 80s design. I hope more clubs do the same.