What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Avenger

Immortal
He's got 24 months imo. His style of play will make life extremely difficult once he hits 30. But greater than Laver or Federer...nup.

Why nup? We will see and you will eat your words. We are witnessing the greatest ever tennis player. People like McEnroe are also stating it and Nadal is now no match for him. Nadal even stated himself that he has never seen anything like this since he has been playing. “I played against a player who did everything perfect. I know nobody playing tennis like this ever. Since I know this sport, I never saw somebody playing at this level. “When I say perfect, it’s not one thing in particular. It’s everything. If not, it’s not perfect.”

What would he know? He made Federer his bitch and made the little Swiss watch cry.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/01/raf...ying-perfect-tennis-better-than-roger-federer

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
Well Nadal isn't exactly the best person to ask right now, he's f**ked :lol:

No doubt he's one the best though.

Wizardman

First Grade
I am a massive tennis fan who watches the slams and atp 1000 events a lot. I'm a big Federer fan (seeing him up close in Brisbane is a tick off my bucket list) but even I admit that Djokovic has been playing tennis at a different level to the rest of the planet for the past three seasons (2013 and 2015 in particular).
Similar to what another poster said, he will need to make the most of the next three years to catch Federer. To me, Novak is already a great of the game.

Avenger

Immortal
I am a massive tennis fan who watches the slams and atp 1000 events a lot. I'm a big Federer fan (seeing him up close in Brisbane is a tick off my bucket list) but even I admit that Djokovic has been playing tennis at a different level to the rest of the planet for the past three seasons (2013 and 2015 in particular).
Similar to what another poster said, he will need to make the most of the next three years to catch Federer. To me, Novak is already a great of the game.

I obviously love him because he is of Serbian descent. However why isn't he as popular as other players. Crowds are mostly against him in every final. It's not like he is boring like Sampras. He has in my opinion an acceptable amount of arrogance. Off the court he is a gentlemen and gives plenty back to his community and charities. I don't get the hate. Surely it's not because he is Serbian.

LatK7

First Grade
Why nup? We will see and you will eat your words. We are witnessing the greatest ever tennis player. People like McEnroe are also stating it and Nadal is now no match for him. Nadal even stated himself that he has never seen anything like this since he has been playing. ?I played against a player who did everything perfect. I know nobody playing tennis like this ever. Since I know this sport, I never saw somebody playing at this level. ?When I say perfect, it?s not one thing in particular. It?s everything. If not, it?s not perfect.?

What would he know? He made Federer his bitch and made the little Swiss watch cry.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/01/raf...ying-perfect-tennis-better-than-roger-federer

Rod Laver, Ken Rosewall, Pete Sampras, Rafael Nadal even Djokovic himself have labelled Federer the greatest of all time. Even last year in Djokovic's prime, McEnroe labelled Federer the greatest (switched from Nadal) due to how he's dismantling everyone on tour bar Djokovic (still beating him in two 500s) at the age of 34. Why? Because he's the complete, timeless player who would succeed in any era. Djokovic is an excellent player, but limits himself to relentless baseline defence ala Nadal, and may one day eclipse him. This works wonderfully in the age of slow courts and balls but it's not something that would have been effective even 10 years ago. Personally, I think it's one of the reasons he's not as popular as some former number 1's - no signature attacking play. Just returning straight and deep. Effective, but unimaginative.

Just remember, Federer is 10 seasons past his prime and is making Grand Slam finals. A f**king decade later and he knocked off the World #1 2/4 times last year. That's ridiculous. Let's see if Novak is doing that at 34.

As for your other post, it has nothing to do with him being Serbian. He's in the prime of his career but people must remember he's yet to eclipse the records of many players. Just because he's not the greatest doesn't mean he's not great. He is.

Apey

Staff member
Djokovic is definitely a great of the game already Wizardman. It's not the best time to be making a case for him though just because his competition is at almost an all-time low. My fav Nadal (who had his own claim until recently) is f**king garbage right now and Fed is 34 and while still great, past his prime. Wouldn't surprise me if he took all 4 opens this year, I think he'll get the French Open monkey off his back at the very least.

LatK7

First Grade
Djokovic is definitely a great of the game already Wizardman. It's not the best time to be making a case for him though just because his competition is at almost an all-time low. My fav Nadal (who had his own claim until recently) is f**king garbage right now and Fed is 34 and while still great, past his prime. Wouldn't surprise me if he took all 4 opens this year, I think he'll get the French Open monkey off his back at the very least.

I think he'll grab 3, possibly 4. Surely the French must come soon. It took God mode Fed in 2011 and God mode Stan in 2015 to deny him in his two best years. Stan's probably his biggest threat right now so it's a good time to pick up a few more majors.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Not surprised about Stosur.

She was erratic with her shots.

Looking forward to Lleyton tonight.

Valheru

Coach
Stosur looks like she needs to retire

Kyrgios produced a professional performance apart from early in the 2nd set. He played an opponent he should have dusted 3-0 and that's exactly what happened.

LatK7

First Grade
Stosur was incredibly disappointing.

Kyrgios could do some real damage in this AO if he can keep it together in the first few rounds. He could potentially meet Fed in the QF...a win wouldn't surprise me. He has the power game to worry Djokovic as well. Mind you, he'd need to take his game up several levels to do either of the above.

tomdl

Bench
Someone in the crowd appears to be in a bad way at the Tomic game. Game has been stopped for some time now while they are been attended to.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Stosur was incredibly disappointing.

Kyrgios could do some real damage in this AO if he can keep it together in the first few rounds. He could potentially meet Fed in the QF...a win wouldn't surprise me. He has the power game to worry Djokovic as well. Mind you, he'd need to take his game up several levels to do either of the above.

If Kyrgios wins tomorrow, in the 3rd round he would play Berdych.

That is an extremely tough match.

ek999

First Grade
I don't know if even Djokovic could have beat Verdasco in that last set. It was some of the best tennis I have seen played

Apey

Staff member
Saw a recent article asking if Nadal is decline since his Aus Open exit. Had to laugh. Where has that dude been for the last 18 months?

Expecting Groth and Hewitt to be out on Thursday.

Latest posts