What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

charity shield side

gitano

Juniors
Key points

Mann rocks and diamonds.
Lafai pathetic in D, nothing new at all
Hutchinson should be nowhere near this squad

That is all.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Aitken and Duges have to be the centres. Put Milne on the wing. Lui takes a bench spot. Havili to start over Rein.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Raymond: what are the positives you can take from this game
Marshall: well we have a lot to work on......

Translation: nothing

Dragon66

Juniors
Did anyone notice the team implementing some of the new systems they have been practising over the off season?

Aitken, Rein, Havilli, Nighty, Packer and JDB were the only ones to impress me.

Looked like a repeat of last year in attack. One out most of the time, and hospital passes when they seem to pass without any thought.

Hutch and KFFL pretty much ruled themselves out of 1st on that display.. You could see that Benji was discussed. No stand outs in that game. Best forgotten as soon as possible.

I think Craig Gower got it right. On that form tonite we could be in for a long cold winter.

Miracles have happened and a complete turn around can happen by Round 1, but that display is not very reassuring.

Cruisin_Dugan

Juniors
Lafai looking clueless in D again.

I was excited about the Lafai signing and too be fare he wasn't given any sort of quality ball to attack but perhaps the Dogs knew something no one else did in letting him go and spending more on Hoppa.. He looks extremely unfit, not physique wise but energy wise. He gave up on Souths last try b4 the last pass was even thrown. Hopefully it was just the summer heat..

Mann was good in D but again nothing to play off in attack.

Hutch needs to be a ball playing forward. Not a half in 1st grade.

Havili was good and rein was bad

As I said a couple months ago, Milne will push his way into 1st grade. Not sure about wing though and Peter M was poor also. Looks like we have a million centres and not many wingers.

Packet was strong. Ah mau unusually average. Lui good. McCarthy very strong.

Still think we don't have any X factor in the forwards. No offloads or ball playing.

Widdop, friz, thommo & duges to return. Hopefully it clicks

Big man

Juniors
And just think, we were missing;

GI
johnston
Keary
Reynolds
Kyle Turner
Sam Burgess
George Burgess
Tom Burgess
Dave Tyrell
Chris Grevsmulh

BrissyRedV

Bench
And just think, we were missing;

GI
johnston
Keary
Reynolds
Kyle Turner
Sam Burgess
George Burgess
Tom Burgess
Dave Tyrell
Chris Grevsmulh

:lol: Congrats on your trial win! You guys will obviously go on and win the GF after that performance!:crazy:

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Its a only a trial Big man,take it easy buddy. We had heaps out as well and from what both teams dished up,neither will give the title a shake.

BrissyRedV

Bench
We dished up some absolute tripe this afternoon. But I would prefer to serve that tripe now than in 3 weeks time. We still have plenty of talent to return some of whom were our best last year and we will all be starting from 0 points. Well except maybe the Eels.

twinkletoes

Juniors
I can overlook the errors and silly options...but what really worries me is the attacking structure. All afternoon we stood so flat that no one had any chance to show anything in attack. I hope this is not the new attacking structures we have been hearing about. Broncos, Cowboys etc do not stand flat like that but give their backs plenty of space to show their attacking skills.

I wouldn't be too harsh on Lafai just yet..on todays performance I would be keeping Duges at fullback with Aitken/ Lafai in centres and Mann on bench with a roving role

BrissyRedV

Bench
A few things of note from the game, it seems the ruck speed has not changed at all with the refs allowing plenty of slow play. The refs also didn't police the 10 at all. The shot clo9ck on the scrums is an interesting one, but still seemed slow.

Our prop rotation looks good with Ah Mau, Packer, Creagh, Cooper and Lui. I look forward to seeing more of Milne and Aitken in the back line as well as Mann at the back.

Big man

Juniors
Its a only a trial Big man,take it easy buddy. We had heaps out as well and from what both teams dished up,neither will give the title a shake.

Mate I know it's a trial and you blokes were ambushed and out enthused by a young hungry team. Our young squad treated this game like a final whereas your team treated it as a trial. I read nothing into these games and the biggest win was no injuries on both sides

BrissyRedV

Bench
I can overlook the errors and silly options...but what really worries me is the attacking structure. All afternoon we stood so flat that no one had any chance to show anything in attack. I hope this is not the new attacking structures we have been hearing about. Broncos, Cowboys etc do not stand flat like that but give their backs plenty of space to show their attacking skills.

I wouldn't be too harsh on Lafai just yet..on todays performance I would be keeping Duges at fullback with Aitken/ Lafai in centres and Mann on bench with a roving role

Can't take too much from the poor performances really. Everyone should be entitled to a poor showing especially in the first trial.

Latest posts