What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foran and his hamstrings.

Basil Brush

Juniors
I have heard a number of things about Foran's hamstrings being not too good.

He is so crucial to our season.

Has anyone else heard anything, especially those close to the club or who regularly go to training?

I really hope I am being fed bad info.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He's been struggling with his hammies for a while, it's no secret hopefully he can have an injury free season with us.

Noise

Coach
We bought him knowing he has dodgy hamstrings. Most games he missed from Manly were due to his hamstring problems

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
It'll be a test for our medical team as well as our strength & conditioning team. I think he may sit a few games out but if he can play 20 or more then I'll be happy.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Foran and His Hamstrings were one of the most underrated prog-rock bands of the 70s.

Their 11 minute jazz rock odyssey "Tooves" apparently had such a profound effect on Freddie Mercury that within 4 hours of first hearing it he had drafted the bones of what later became "Bohemian Rhapsody".

Disco

Bench
I believe, and don't quote me on this, that he has some sort of lower back issue that then somehow puts extra pressure on his hamstrings which means they will always be somewhat of an issue

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I believe, and don't quote me on this, that he has some sort of lower back issue that then somehow puts extra pressure on his hamstrings which means they will always be somewhat of an issue

Everything is connected. I have very tight hamstrings and that has caused lower back problems. Foran's problem is similar to Michael Clark's. I used to cringe whenever I saw pup on the ground on his front and bending backwards. With that issue you want to stretch out your back and with the stretch that he was doing meant that his spine was compressing which wasn't helping his problem.

SDM

First Grade
That is not always the case, I have bad knees, tight hamstrings, but my arse is loose as.

strider

Post Whore
Everything is connected. I have very tight hamstrings and that has caused lower back problems. Foran's problem is similar to Michael Clark's. I used to cringe whenever I saw pup on the ground on his front and bending backwards. With that issue you want to stretch out your back and with the stretch that he was doing meant that his spine was compressing which wasn't helping his problem.

noted .... I will stretch my back the other way in the future

I went to a physio about my bad back once .... he then sent me to his exercise expert lady for some classes on how to do good stretches n stuff ..... anyway - quite attractive - wearing a tight sporty outfit ..... shows me something called a cat back stretch or something - down on hands and knees arching her back back up and down, "see how I start rolling at my buttocks", "oh yes I do" ...... its very hard to then discretely do the same with wood

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

I went to a physio about my bad back once .... he then sent me to his exercise expert lady for some classes on how to do good stretches n stuff ..... anyway - quite attractive - wearing a tight sporty outfit ..... shows me something called a cat back stretch or something - down on hands and knees arching her back back up and down, "see how I start rolling at my buttocks", "oh yes I do" ...... its very hard to then discretely do the same with wood

Better off trying to get an x-ray done and go to a chiro. The physio did nothing for my back.

Utey

Coach

LOL :lol::lol::lol: