What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Eels V Broncos

Bigfella

Coach
And how do you even define a coaching 'mistake'? When a coach is faced with two choices, where he thinks one is 30% chance of going wrong and the other is a 40% chance? If he makes the 30% choice and it goes wrong anyway, is that proof he should have gone with the other choice?

Only in the minds of the typical league fan.

You call a bloke like Dellboy a death rider because he disagrees with your analysis. The last thing you could call a bloke who lives for the team and puts in to a junior league is a death rider.

This circular argument bullshit about they can't be wrong because they are the coaches and therefore must be right is a symptom of your personality disorder and shit eating authority fetish.

Eelementary

Post Whore
As a further aside:

This far, as a losing side, we've conceded less points than any other team this round...and we were playing the favourites.

You've got to be pleasantly surprised with that.

Noise

Coach
Also, there was another injured parra player out who was drinking. Generally players on the rehab list are told not to drink.Corey Norman wasn't drinking btw.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You call a bloke like Dellboy a death rider because he disagrees with your analysis. The last thing you could call a bloke who lives for the team and puts in to a junior league is a death rider.

No I call a bloke like you a deathrider. Del's just a dope. Dopey Del is what I call him when Luke Kelly and I discuss the forums over tea.

This circular argument bullshit about they can't be wrong because they are the coaches and therefore must be right is a symptom of your personality disorder and shit eating authority fetish.

It's nothing to do with 'they can't be wrong'. They are constantly taking risks, so they could be wrong at any time, and over the course of a season or even just a game, they are likely to be wrong many times. That's what happens when you're forced to take risks. My point is they are aware of the risks and their information is certainly more complete than ours. Therefore their analysis is better.

Dibs

Bench
You've got no idea. Most 'crap' players would miss more tackles on an NRL field than they made. There are slobs out there (you and I are probably two of them) who would miss every tackle they attempted.

I know you're trying to make a point but it's stupid. If you think it couldn't get a whole lot worse than Luke Kelly then you've got no idea how much better NRL players are than the rest of us.

Luke Kelly might be slow and weak for the NRL, but he would dominate against average Joes. The NRL is light years ahead, and even well ahead of the state cups. That's why blokes like Faraimo and Cornish can make the NSW Cup team of the year but struggle to get into first grade - it is their flaws (particularly in defence) that keep them out.

I'd have more idea than you stupid. I played at Qld Cup level albeit only a handful of games. I have coached underage teams and even coached reserve grade once. If you seriously think that I think noise would be a better option than Kelly you obviously don't understand exaggeration. I use to think people gave you to much of a hard time on here but now I understand why. You just can't stand someone disagreeing with your flawed opinion

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd have more idea than you stupid. I played at Qld Cup level albeit only a handful of games. I have coached underage teams and even coached reserve grade once.

For a bloke who doesn't trust the coach of an NRL club to know his own players, you seem to rate coaches very highly.

If you seriously think that I think noise would be a better option than Kelly you obviously don't understand exaggeration.

I said I knew you were trying to make a point. It was just a stupid one.

I use to think people gave you to much of a hard time on here but now I understand why. You just can't stand someone disagreeing with your flawed opinion

I can cope with any reasoned disagreement, but here's people like you (I mean posters, not coaches) saying Kelly shouldn't have been picked and that he should never play first grade again, yet you admit you don't understand why he was picked in the first place. If you don't understand that how can you claim to understand anything else on this subject?

Dibs

Bench
For a bloke who doesn't trust the coach of an NRL club to know his own players, you seem to rate coaches very highly.

I said I knew you were trying to make a point. It was just a stupid one.

I can cope with any reasoned disagreement, but here's people like you (I mean posters, not coaches) saying Kelly shouldn't have been picked and that he should never play first grade again, yet you admit you don't understand why he was picked in the first place. If you don't understand that how can you claim to understand anything else on this subject?

I have a lot of trust in Arthur. I just don't care for Kelly. I'm sure he has his reasons for picking him and if he had a better option he would use it. Doesn't stop me from realizing Kelly isn't a good reserve grade player. Never once said Kelly shouldn't have been picked so go and put words in someone else's mouth. When have I said I don't understand why he is picked? You argue with every merkin on here you can't keep track of who said what

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
What was Wenty's win/loss record in 2015 with and without Kelly? I know for a while there they were winning more without him than with him.

Noise

Coach
I'd have more idea than you stupid. I played at Qld Cup level albeit only a handful of games. I have coached underage teams and even coached reserve grade once. If you seriously think that I think noise would be a better option than Kelly you obviously don't understand exaggeration. I use to think people gave you to much of a hard time on here but now I understand why. You just can't stand someone disagreeing with your flawed opinion

f**k you man! :lol:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I have a lot of trust in Arthur. I just don't care for Kelly. I'm sure he has his reasons for picking him and if he had a better option he would use it. Doesn't stop me from realizing Kelly isn't a good reserve grade player. Never once said Kelly shouldn't have been picked so go and put words in someone else's mouth. When have I said I don't understand why he is picked? You argue with every merkin on here you can't keep track of who said what

I'm not talking to you individually, I'm talking to the collective you - 'youse', if you prefer. So don't take it personal. There's a lot of stupid on here. Even I have been known to contribute at times.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What was Wenty's win/loss record in 2015 with and without Kelly? I know for a while there they were winning more without him than with him.

Well he played 12 games in first grade so he can't have played many for Wenty. In 2014 he spent most of the year in NSW Cup (only 6 NRL games) and Wenty finished top four.

That's what happens when your backups aren't required to play too much first grade.

Latest posts