What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blair using his head

BunniesMan

Immortal
No sane person thinks it was an accident. But then the worst act of the season got 1 week so who knows what the judiciary will do

Kiwi

First Grade
Interesting that Hodges is a dog for tackling Morris while on the ground, yet it's OK when Burgess does it. The only issue I had with it was the cheap shot with his right arm to Ofahengaue. That was malicious and aimed at hurting him.

On Blair should get a couple of weeks with a guilty plea.

ek999

First Grade
Interesting that Hodges is a dog for tackling Morris while on the ground, yet it's OK when Burgess does it. The only issue I had with it was the cheap shot with his right arm to Ofahengaue. That was malicious and aimed at hurting him.

On Blair should get a couple of weeks with a guilty plea.

Difference was Morris was lying on the ground holding his knee. That was a true dog shot (but no illegal). I have no problem with what Burgess did. If a player wants to lie on the ground instead of getting up and continuing to play on they are free game IMO

Kiwi

First Grade
Difference was Morris was lying on the ground holding his knee. That was a true dog shot (but no illegal). I have no problem with what Burgess did. If a player wants to lie on the ground instead of getting up and continuing to play on they are free game IMO

Ofahengaue jumped on a ball on the ground, like I said, no drama with anything but what Burgess did with his right arm. That was done to hurt the player on the ground, I'm against anything done deliberately to hurt another player. Morris hit the ground close to the sideline, done countless times by many players to avoid going out, it all happened pretty fast and not many saw that Morris was injured let alone a player coming in from an obscured angle.

If you are on the ground you are fair game, unless there is a cheap shot.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
As I said initially it's hard to say.

Ignoring that basic premise, it didn't stop some of the precious Bronc fans to get their panties in a twist because I couldn't say definitively. :roll: a touchy lot aren't they.

Only when merkins are talking shit.

Lebbo73

Bench
Really hard for me to see if the shoulder makes contact or not. There is no doubt a head clash in there but.

shh, he clearly took the still frame which best supported his argument

you can obviously see the only thing consistent between those 2 images is that it is in fact a head clash[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It was a head clash. The arm hits Reynolds across the top of the back.

Kilkenny

Coach
As a neutral I thing what Sam Burgess did was worthy of a sin bin, no more no less. The sin bin is clearly underused and should be used much more often that currently is and again when it is used, it is used inconsistently, most often applied when play slow the play the ball down after a long break and the attacking team 'may' score on the next play. Even then it is not applied often enough.

MilkShark

First Grade
it all happened pretty fast and not many saw that Morris was injured let alone a player coming in from an obscured angle.

That's absolute BS. Yes he hit the ground but it wasn't in order to no go out. He wasn't even close to hodges when he hit the ground.

It was a dog shot, clear as day. Legal, but totally unnecessary.

Maximus

Coach
Morris hit the ground close to the sideline, done countless times by many players to avoid going out, it all happened pretty fast and not many saw that Morris was injured let alone a player coming in from an obscured angle.

What? That isn't even close to an accurate description of what happened.

It was off a drop out for starters, so there was no obscured angle. He fell to the ground immediately upon catching it. Tried to get up and fell back down again. Broncos defenders were about 15m away when he fell down the 2nd time. Every Broncos player except for Hodges slowed down to a jog, because it was obvious when he was clutching at his leg that he wasn't ok. Oh and if that didn't show them, there was a couple of Dragons players clearly signaling that he was injured.

No surprise you are the piece of shit defending it.

Bronxnation

Juniors
What? That isn't even close to an accurate description of what happened.

It was off a drop out for starters, so there was no obscured angle. He fell to the ground immediately upon catching it. Tried to get up and fell back down again. Broncos defenders were about 15m away when he fell down the 2nd time. Every Broncos player except for Hodges slowed down to a jog, because it was obvious when he was clutching at his leg that he wasn't ok. Oh and if that didn't show them, there was a couple of Dragons players clearly signaling that he was injured.

No surprise you are the piece of shit defending it.

Mind posting a link To see it? Can't find it?

OVP

Coach
Oh come now little one, how could you possibly see how many heads we have from all the way down there?

LOL its not easy but somehow i manage ;-)

Photolautrec.jpg

Latest posts