What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blair using his head

_Johnsy

Referee
Interesting that Hodges is a dog for tackling Morris while on the ground, yet it's OK when Burgess does it. The only issue I had with it was the cheap shot with his right arm to Ofahengaue. That was malicious and aimed at hurting him.

On Blair should get a couple of weeks with a guilty plea.

Short memory, or re-writing events. Not surprising though.

Morris had obviously wrecked his ankle, writhing in pain. The only aspect that made Hodges effort a "dog shot" was that Morris was obviously in agony (anyone who isn't blind could see that he wasn't able to get to his feet). No penalty though, just an indicator of the type of bloke Hodges is. The same may be true of Sam.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
huh ? So that means he has a broken jaw ?

I'll type it again, just for you. Fingers crossed it sinks in the second time.

If the first point of contact is Reynolds head, then yes. This makes it an illegal tackle.
http://www.playnrl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/ARL-Rules-book-2016.pdf
Section 15
PLAYER?S MISCONDUCT
(b) when effecting or attempting to effect a tackle makes contact with the head or neck of an
opponent intentionally, recklessly or carelessly.

Hope that helps.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Morris looks like a downie though so hodges was just trying his own form of eugenics. Maybe both should've combusted upon impact.

Snappy

Coach
I'll type it again, just for you. Fingers crossed it sinks in the second time.

Hope that helps.

Oh Johnsy, I thought you were sharper than that. Read again what I quoted, and what I posted.

I'll give you a tip. The word 'doc' is meaningful. I'll highlight another bit which may help.

A player has a broken jaw as a result of a clearly illegal tackle.

does he doc ?

_Johnsy

Referee
Apologies for the misunderstanding.

I thought you were making the point it wasn't an illegal tackle.

Illegal being the operative word, and yes it was.

As for the broken jaw, I don't know the latest injury update.

Last edited:

chigurh

I think one week is a bit harsh. But he might need a week off after the head knock anyway I guess

Hauff

Juniors
how a dog shot purposeful trip can only have a base of 75 pts is absurd. It's laughable that an accidental head clash is going to result in the same suspension.