What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the 12 points a done deal and the right of appeal relates to the breaches issued seeking why 5 official should not be deregistered?

would needs ground to appeal, do we have grounds to appeal?
why would the NRL let us sign Jennings if we are $500k over the cap?
Why should all the past TPA's be included in this years cap? Shouldn't we just fined for the dodgy ones? surely they aren't all dodgy are they?

Chipmunk

Coach
It's gone mate. You think one club has 500 k spare to sign a player. We will need to realease multiple players. And I dare say we will be paying them next year too. Bring on the dark days of 2011-2013.

Our only way out is right to appeal. Like I've said before, maybe the watmough saga can help us out.

No, we need to challenge the determination of the TPA's included in the salary cap in a court of law.

Plus Watmough's going to get a pay out and Morgan is gone.

hybrideel

Bench
So it appears the NRL have just gone f&*k it, it's too hard to work out which of the TPA's aren't dodgy so we are just going to include all of them in the cap. This is going to have massive implications in our future years caps as well with the whole freight of the likes of Foran, Scott, Jennings being in the cap.
The club really needs to prove the legit TPA's or we are screwed for the next 3-4 years

Kornstar

Coach
Thank f**k its over!

Agreed.

I'm petty so I'd actually like us to stay over the cap and then rule half the team out injured with broken finger nails (like Dugan) and let other teams walk all over us.

Even further it would be great to organise a meeting with the players and have representatives of the fans tell them that we feel for them and that they have our support but that support is in spirit as we are boycotting the NRL until next year and not going to games, watching on TV, cancelling Pay TV and buying no merchandise.

Hit the NRL where it hurts for the leaks we've had to endure for the last however many weeks. Show how powerful the Eels are to the NRL and see if they enjoy poor ratings, poor crowds and explaining to Foxtel why their subscriptions are down significantly.

I know we cheated and we deserve the punishment, that is not my protest, it's been the complete lack of professionalism within the NRL head office!

ek999

First Grade
Considering that there is no accusation of two sets of books or anything like that it would appear the only way we could be over.

There's findings that they are guaranteeing/supplying some TPAs and also funnelling money to the players through dodgy invoices to suppliers. That would be how you would be over the cap. Not by the NRL including all TPAs in the cap

IFR33K

Coach
No, we need to challenge the determination of the TPA's included in the salary cap in a court of law.

Plus Watmough's going to get a pay out and Morgan is gone.

I've already mentioned the watmough saga several times. And also mentioned an appeal.

Releasing players and paying them for 2017 as well as the remainder of this year, is the last thing we need to do. :crazy::crazy:

Chipmunk

Coach
Isn't the 12 points a done deal and the right of appeal relates to the breaches issued seeking why 5 official should not be deregistered?

I'd say that the NRL has realised that procedural fairness is a legality in the real world and that is why the entire thing is a "Preliminary Finding".

We will have the right to respond to all allegations.

I'd argue again in a court of law that we've not been able to respond to the allegations before a penalty was determined though. Procedural fairness would dictate that we should have an opportunity to respond to the allegations before a penalty be determined.

Last edited:

MrT

Juniors
quite simple, players take a paycut for combined $570k just like the Dogs did.
Mason even boasted later they were paid every cent

hindy111

Post Whore
Hey LETHAL i was right now pack your shit and f**k off from here

HINDY111 = NEVER WRONG

I'd say that the NRL has realised that procedural fairness is a legality in the real world and that is why the entire thing is a "Preliminary Finding".

We will have the right to respond to all allegations.

I'd argue again in a court of law that we've not been able to respond to the allegations before a penalty was determined though. Procedural fairness would dictate that we should have an opportunity to respond to the allegations before a penalty be determined.

Well that's a change in the right direction.

Greenberg must be enjoying this

amitropo

Juniors
My understanding is that they are preliminary findings and a maximum penalty. It's up to the eels to prove otherwise and possibly reduce the penalty.
Is that right?
Maybe nrl said stuff it too many files to go through lets just go off the papers, issues fine and let them prove it saving us time and resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.