What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk

Coach
Yes , now Parramatta have 5 days to appeal also possible to get an extension on that time frame, which would likely be granted due to the complexity of the case.

I believe the statement says "reasonable time" to respond? What is "reasonable time"? Maybe the club thinks 5 years is reasonable.

Last edited:

Swiftstylez

Bench
Wish I didn't listen to that 2gb interview, it was Hadley having phone sex with Todd

MMMM yeah you are so good, tough mmmm

Bingo

Every salary cap drama that has resulted in loss of points/stripped premierships;

* Bulldogs - not uncovered by NRL Cap auditors. External investigation by Fairfax brought rorting to light
* Warriors - not uncovered by NRL cap auditors.. Self reported by Warriors
* Storm - not uncovered by NRL cap auditors. Whistleblower brought rorting to light
* Eels - not uncovered by NRL cap auditors. Info leaked by self-interested factionalism

Call me a cynic but why should I believe that any team that has won a premiership in the last 20 years been under the cap? Just because the NRL don't find something, doesn't mean it isn't there, that much is clear.

Do you blokes not understand that discovering the existence of undisclosed agreements is really hard unless you've got a whisteblower? It's even harder for a salary cap auditor, because there are very few people that they can compel to speak to them.

I'm not sure you lot have thought about the logistics of carrying out such an audit.

Joely01

Bench
Don't know why anyone would listen to 2GB and give that grub rating numbers.
Only supporting him and Fitzy by tuning in

Kornstar

Coach
Come on guys. If the reported stuff around how these TPA's have been arranged, payments made to players etc are true, it's a disgrace by the club admin / board. Who the f**k in their right mind even minutes this shit when you are doing the wrong thing.

I hate Greenberg and the NRL as much as the next nobody but seriously, cant shoot blanks at them for the stupidity of your board and admin.

Direct your rage where it should be, the wankers who let your players and you down doing this shit

Hard to argue with you.

hybrideel

Bench
Do you blokes not understand that discovering the existence of undisclosed agreements is really hard unless you've got a whisteblower? It's even harder for a salary cap auditor, because there are very few people that they can compel to speak to them.

I'm not sure you lot have thought about the logistics of carrying out such an audit.

I think their issue Baz is what's the point. If a club can cheat until some f&*ker from the inside rats them out, then clearly the system ain't worrking and needs to be changed

eels_fan

First Grade
So unless the 5 breached board members/admins resign, we won't be playing for any points this season

emjaycee

Coach
I reckon Foz will be back sooner rather then later.
The guy is a leader and will want to be there to lead our challenge back into the 8.

Gronk

Staff member
100% we should be dirty at the Board for walking us down this path.

Having said that, we are clearly the victims of a flawed TPA system that almost every club breaches. We're playing for zip this year with other teams are potentially above as we speak.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I reckon Foz will be back sooner rather then later.
The guy is a leader and will want to be there to lead our challenge back into the 8.

are the points deduction immediate ?

wont they have to wait till the appeals process is exhausted ?

Status
Not open for further replies.