What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

macavity

Referee
Hate that knights logo. Use the original one if you don't like the free form, and our original Jersey shits on the barca strip too....

Nuke

Staff member
The best looking Newcastle logo is the current one, in my opinion, with the original one coming in 2nd. I fear we're up for a change in 2yrs too, if history is anything to go by. The original logo we had 1988-1997 (10 seasons). The 2nd logo (the square one) 1998-2007 (10 seasons). The current one we've had 2008-present but I sincerely hope it remains well beyond 2017. I think it's pretty close to perfect ... and this is coming from someone who's always thought it should be on a shield of some sort!

As for the jerseys, yes, the original is best in my opinion (well, the mid-90's version of it to be precise ... yes, there is a slight variation of the balance of the red and blue stripes), with the 1997-2000 / 2012-present design coming in 2nd. Geez I love the original design and how iconic it is, but I also do love the current design too.

It just proves, with the right colours and balance, that the simplest of designs can look the best.

Half of the NRL club portfolio I am working on. Wish the NRL would enforce permanent home jerseys along these lines to establish a traditional brand; and clubs can do whatever the want with away jerseys and change them every year if they want.

26070834473_25cf5c1375_o.jpg

26070834833_95145458bf_o.jpg

26070835743_fb121187d7_o.jpg

26070837013_eae6a44497_o.jpg

now thats a awesome roosters jersey......broncos is cool also

applesauce

Bench
Hate that knights logo. Use the original one if you don't like the free form, and our original Jersey shits on the barca strip too....

The best looking Newcastle logo is the current one, in my opinion, with the original one coming in 2nd. I fear we're up for a change in 2yrs too, if history is anything to go by. The original logo we had 1988-1997 (10 seasons). The 2nd logo (the square one) 1998-2007 (10 seasons). The current one we've had 2008-present but I sincerely hope it remains well beyond 2017. I think it's pretty close to perfect ... and this is coming from someone who's always thought it should be on a shield of some sort!

As for the jerseys, yes, the original is best in my opinion (well, the mid-90's version of it to be precise ... yes, there is a slight variation of the balance of the red and blue stripes), with the 1997-2000 / 2012-present design coming in 2nd. Geez I love the original design and how iconic it is, but I also do love the current design too.

It just proves, with the right colours and balance, that the simplest of designs can look the best.

Cheers for the feedback guys. I went with the design so all 16 clubs had a unique home look that was still traditional. Your original jersey is similar to the Cowboys one I made and the Knights have the most iconic vertical strip design in the NRL. The logo paired with it, being a stripe, was the justification for the choice.

Will try to get the rest of the comp done by tomorrow.

nöyd

Staff member
you've got a talent applesauce, you and gazf should be bashing clubs doors down with this stuff

Saint Doc

Coach
Would like to see how they look with the real sponsors logos.

It's not realistic for sponsors to just change their branding and colours

applesauce

Bench
NRMA and Vodafone are the only 2 integrated from their original colours.

To your point of changing/integrating branding below are a few cases:

7808972.jpg

watermarked_thumbnail.aspx
watermarked_thumbnail.aspx

PARRA_FAN

Coach
applesause, all those NRL designs look so simple yet so awesome. Its similar if not the same as their traditional designs and added some class too.

The logos are good too and I see what you've done their with the Cowboys on. Top bit shows the map of North Qld. Excellent stuff.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Applesause

The Broncos jersey just does not look right for them (i love the classic logo though). Put that design i Titans colours and youd be on a winner for them.

As for the Bronx, id just go with their classic jersey (though maybe build in a space for the sponsor)
Classic-Brisbane-Broncos-Heritage-Hoodie.jpg

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Just adding that I love the idea of the NQ outline added to the Cowboys star as a couple of people have mentioned.

Surprised no-one has thought of it before, it seems like an obvious match now.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Just adding that I love the idea of the NQ outline added to the Cowboys star as a couple of people have mentioned.

Surprised no-one has thought of it before, it seems like an obvious match now.

Took me a minute to figure out what was going on there. I thought my computer was just f*cking around....

Its a nice idea though, i would like to see them either ditch the horns and focus on the star OR ditch the star and focus on the horns (i feel like rather than complimenting each other, the clash badly)

Last edited:

applesauce

Bench
Updated Full Competition Kits. Clubs can do whatever they want with aways, but need to keep a home identity like all other (decent) major sporting clubs/codes.

26889967542_431596f342_o.jpg

26378771844_45881ab2b5_o.jpg

26984250895_e9d0e018b5_o.jpg

26070837933_145ee0a8c3_o.jpg