What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
But not shocked if he ends up somewhere else that isn't Parra or the Boncos??

I would not be shocked that Semi is being shopped around for 2018 in all codes as he may very well be the hottest rugby code back on the market for many years (other than Hayne). Considering he comes from a rugby background, his international value is mind blowing.

Incorrect

Coach
I would not be shocked that Semi is being shopped around for 2018 in all codes as he may very well be the hottest rugby code back on the market for many years (other than Hayne). Considering he comes from a rugby background, his international value is mind blowing.

Yeah true. On what he has done so far in league, European rugby offers would likely swamp what he'd be able to earn in the NRL.... if only Dave Smith was still around with that War Chest to keep him in our game...

oldmancraigy

Coach

This is why Hayne needs to play next year.
So he can overshadow Semi again, and everyone forgets about him, and we sign him up on the cheap for 4 more years.

Delboy

First Grade
Yeah true. On what he has done so far in league, European rugby offers would likely swamp what he'd be able to earn in the NRL.... if only Dave Smith was still around with that War Chest to keep him in our game...

Smith was moved on by the political players from clubs who want to maintain their influence at HQ, boom , the Greenberg gets the gig.

Talks well, but I believe he is an agenda driven spokesperson controlled by 3 or 4 power brokers

They would not open the war chest for us, we are too badly managed. They would do it for team with good management that is a team hasn't played finals for a while.

Gronk

Staff member
They would not open the war chest for us, we are too badly managed. They would do it for team with good management that is a team hasn't played finals for a while.

I call BS on that. The war chest conversation has been raised before and all the other CEOs said that they would want a similar financial hand out.

A war chest would work under the RU or cricket models as their elite players are contracted to their governing body. Won't work in NRL as every club wants an even slice of the pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.