What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Boon

Coach
the only thing i really care about in terms of the boardroom moving forward is confirming who the leaks were throughout the last 4 months.

Gronk

Staff member
I've read some bizarre things but those comments by Gerard are up there with anything as stupid as Sharp or Seward came out with.

We are in the throes of responding to the breach notice and seeking to reduce the penalty and he goes public praising the decision?

All that sounds like is some grateful suck who is happy he didn't get stood down.

And in making a punk if statement praising the very decision our club and his fellow directors are all challenging he can't even talk in anything but deadshit footballer language.

"It took some balls".

f**k me dead.

He's a former NSW selector and NSWRL board member. Smacks of self preservation and not wanting to burn bridges.

Gronk

Staff member
why would you talk to Nick Tabakoff?
It just leaves me questioning whether he was/is the telegraph source.

I'd talk to him and give him a GarryGutful*.

* Soon to be added to Macquarie Dictionary

GarryGutful
noun
g AE r ee | g UH t | f UU l

1. a spell of ranting; a tirade.

84 Baby

Referee
I'd talk to him and give him a GarryGutful*.

* Soon to be added to Macquarie Dictionary

GarryGutful
noun
g AE r ee | g UH t | f UU l

1. a spell of ranting; a tirade.
Where's OMC? It's Gary, you illiterate clown!

And it's 2 L's

emjaycee

Coach
I've read some bizarre things but those comments by Gerard are up there with anything as stupid as Sharp or Seward came out with.

We are in the throes of responding to the breach notice and seeking to reduce the penalty and he goes public praising the decision?

All that sounds like is some grateful suck who is happy he didn't get stood down.

why would you talk to Nick Tabakoff?
It just leaves me questioning whether he was/is the telegraph source.

Agreed Bigfella. Very weird. Just like everything coming out of someone claiming to have Parra's interest at heart, there are clearly underlying motives.

He's a former NSW selector and NSWRL board member. Smacks of self preservation and not wanting to burn bridges.

Agree. A odd media interview that reeks of ass licking the nrl hierarchy

So for months we members and fans have been demanding that Sharp and the Board take accountability for their actions and incompetence and help the club move forward. Yet when Gerard does this he gets slammed on here. Maybe he has simply accepted the fact that we are in shit, the NRL are about to hand down our final penalty and making further waves by attacking the NRL hierarchy is not the best way forward.

I prefer this than the approach used by other Board members who remain in denial about the fact we cheated and have used the media in the last month to have a go at the NRL. The same Board members who voted to support the legal challenge for the GO5 and spend hundred's of thousands of the members money. The same Board members who have voted to not allow Bevan Paul to step in and start providing some leadership to the NRL company. The same Board members who don't want someone like Bernie Gurr as CEO because they know they cannot control him. The same Board members who picked John Boulos as the CEO in a clear job for the boys selection. The same Board members who I guarantee will not give up their places on the Board for the betterment of the Club.

At least Geoff Gerard has openly stated he will step down from the Board - unlike the others, excluding Serrao who stated it on the weekend.

Bigfella

Coach
So for months we members and fans have been demanding that Sharp and the Board take accountability for their actions and incompetence and help the club move forward. Yet when Gerard does this he gets slammed on here. Maybe he has simply accepted the fact that we are in shit, the NRL are about to hand down our final penalty and making further waves by attacking the NRL hierarchy is not the best way forward.

I prefer this than the approach used by other Board members who remain in denial about the fact we cheated and have used the media in the last month to have a go at the NRL. The same Board members who voted to support the legal challenge for the GO5 and spend hundred's of thousands of the members money. The same Board members who have voted to not allow Bevan Paul to step in and start providing some leadership to the NRL company. The same Board members who don't want someone like Bernie Gurr as CEO because they know they cannot control him. The same Board members who picked John Boulos as the CEO in a clear job for the boys selection. The same Board members who I guarantee will not give up their places on the Board for the betterment of the Club.

At least Geoff Gerard has openly stated he will step down from the Board - unlike the others, excluding Serrao who stated it on the weekend.

thats not how you do that though.

If the club's position was to acknowledge the stuff ups that would be great - but it should do that as a club - by its collective response to the nrl - by considered and measured and transparent public announcement

You don't do it as a single director giving a statement to a journo who has been principal in the campaign against the club and who was the recipient of vast amounts of leaked information presumably provided by someone intending to do maximum damage to the club's interests

Especially not when the public position of the club is that it is fighting the allegations

It's completely and utterly wrong regardless of what his genuine position is

No wonder we are a f**king basket case

I'm not prepared to back any new board members if they have and ties at all to previous elections or boards or factions.
I think we should vote on a Leagues club board and the NRL should take over the board of the NRL side for a period of 2 years and then hand it back to the leagues club when things are more stable.

Gronk

Staff member
I'm not prepared to back any new board members if they have and ties at all to previous elections or boards or factions.
I think we should vote on a Leagues club board and the NRL should take over the board of the NRL side for a period of 2 years and then hand it back to the leagues club when things are more stable.

There's got to be a better plan than handing control of our club over to John Grant. :crazy:

emjaycee

Coach
thats not how you do that though.

If the club's position was to acknowledge the stuff ups that would be great - but it should do that as a club - by its collective response to the nrl - by considered and measured and transparent public announcement

You don't do it as a single director giving a statement to a journo who has been principal in the campaign against the club and who was the recipient of vast amounts of leaked information presumably provided by someone intending to do maximum damage to the club's interests

Especially not when the public position of the club is that it is fighting the allegations

It's completely and utterly wrong regardless of what his genuine position is

No wonder we are a f**king basket case

Not disputing it could have been done better but the reason we remain a basket case despite 3 of the GO5 not being active Directors at present is because 3 of the remaining Directors are acting in their own best interests and not in the interests of the Club or its membership. If the 4 had immediately solidified and openly accepted responsibility for the actions of the Board they were part of than I doubt Gerard would have felt the need to make this statement. The fact is, there remains 2 factions within the Board - the 3 that want to hold onto power and blame everyone but themselves for the mess we are in and Gerard who at least seems willing to accept responsibility for the part he played as a Director during this whole debacle. I know as a member I would rather the Club take the approach that we f**ked up and need to take our medicine than continue to refuse to accept responsibility and blame others.

Not disputing it could have been done better but the reason we remain a basket case despite 3 of the GO5 not being active Directors at present is because 3 of the remaining Directors are acting in their own best interests and not in the interests of the Club or its membership. If the 4 had immediately solidified and openly accepted responsibility for the actions of the Board they were part of than I doubt Gerard would have felt the need to make this statement. The fact is, there remains 2 factions within the Board - the 3 that want to hold onto power and blame everyone but themselves for the mess we are in and Gerard who at least seems willing to accept responsibility for the part he played as a Director during this whole debacle. I know as a member I would rather the Club take the approach that we f**ked up and need to take our medicine than continue to refuse to accept responsibility and blame others.

Sorry mate, but as I have said from the get go, I would like to hear the clubs response to the allegations, or preliminary findings, I don't want the club to roll over and play dead just because the papers say we are guilty. If they are fighting it, I have to believe they are doing so because the believe they are not guilty of these charges.

After the NRL's final adjudication given our statement, then if there is a problem I would expect people to take responsibility and step down if they have done wrong. All of this before the NRL's final adjudication smacks of opportunism.

I agree. We need separate boards for the PLC and PNRLC.

You know, back in the day I agreed with having the two under the same umbrella.

But since 2008 it has slowly and surely become clear that we need two companies and two boards, and maybe even private backing so the club isn't sucking on the leagues clubs tit.

emjaycee

Coach
A good strong PLC Board will make the PLC a continuing growing interest.
A good strong PNRL Board will spend the PLC's money wisely and will make enough on its own with good sponsorships and good results that it wont need to suck the PLC dry to do so.

Separate Boards is all we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts