What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly jake ... i dont know if you understand or not - but you are the most obviously agenda driven merkin posting on here when it comes to all theclub politics ... and no one takes anything you say seriously cos they know it all has a motive

Understand? I just don't care what you think :lol: It's a footy forum champ I think you need to lighten up. I really don't care what think of what I write. We are not solving the worlds problems on this site lol.

But what I do know the club is in the shit because of the merkins you supported. And hopefully that changes and we get some half decent people on the board. Independent and well credentialed people.
And Hopefully no more of your plumbing mates lol

strider

Post Whore
Understand? I just don't care what you think :lol: It's a footy forum champ I think you need to lighten up. I really don't care what think of what I write. We are not solving the worlds problems on this site lol.

But what I do know the club is in the shit because of the merkins you supported. And hopefully that changes and we get some half decent people on the board. Independent and well credentialed people.

Yeah ... ok jake :roll:

EelsFan05

Bench

Or your crooked developer mates lol....

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Cmon Gary lighten up a little chanp, your mates will be gone in a few weeks and our club can hopefully get a fresh start. No more plumber and his cronies. Light at the end of the tunnel finally.

F**k off idiot. I'll repeat for the 17th time that I don't care for Sharpy or any faction you useless shit stain.

Is it possible for you to post anything that isn't faction related? I doubt it you muncher of weiners.

Gronk

Staff member
Parramatta director Geoff Gerard to call on the entire Eels board to step down

Nick Tabakoff Editor-at-Large, The Daily Telegraph
June 13, 2016 11:00pm
Subscriber exclusive

HIGH-profile Parramatta director Geoff Gerard will use an extraordinary board meeting on Thursday evening to call on the entire Eels board to step down, to allow the club to “rebuild”.

Gerard has told the Daily Telegraph he will directly petition his fellow directors to step down to allow the club to make a fresh start in the wake of the club’s salary cap scandal.

“When you get to rock bottom, it can’t get any lower,” he said. “What we need is for this club to move forward, and it’s a decision for each of the directors whether they stand aside for this to happen.”

“Geoff Gerard doesn’t need to be on this board. I had my day in the sun as a player. I’ve been on this board now twice and tried to do my best … I don’t need this (board role) for my ego.”

Currently, three members of the so-called Gang of Five _ Eels chairman Steve Sharp, deputy chairman Tom Issa and director Peter Serrao _ are suspended as directors pending a final ruling by the NRL.

Temporarily, the four remaining directors, Gerard, former MP Tanya Gadiel, ex-Parramatta Lord Mayor Paul Garrard and auditor Andrew Cordwell are serving on a skeleton Eels board.

But Gerard will make it clear at the meeting an entire clean-out is what is needed: “At the end of the day, we probably need this to happen (but) that would be their decision to make.”

The drums are beating for change at the club, with at least two member proposals afoot to overthrow the Eels board following the scandal.

Gerard has also contradicted the stance of some fellow Eels directors by very publicly praising the NRL’s actions against the club over the salary cap scandal.

“The constant blaming of the NRL is not working for anybody,” he said. “Do you think the NRL wanted to step in and do this to Parramatta, one of the powerhouse clubs of the competition? …. Todd Greenberg and Nick Weeks have a duty to the game. The game is bigger than Parramatta.”

He openly praised the courage of Greenberg and Weeks on their decision. “Good on the guys. You have to have some balls to do that. He (Greenberg) is making the right calls.”

Gerard has offered his “help and advice” for any reshaped board at the club. “Look at what happened at Cronulla after the Asada investigation, and they were rock bottom,” he said. “We should use them as a positive example of what can be done going forward.”

“I’ve got to say at times I ask: ‘What am I doing this for?” he said. “The last six weeks have been extremely stressful. I’m extremely lucky to have great work colleagues and bosses there who are obviously footy followers but understand what I’m going through. But it also takes a toll on my family. My wife’s just been amazing with her support.”

He describes the club as being “in a bit of a vacuum” with its head of football (Daniel Anderson) and CEO (John Boulous) both suspended by the NRL.

“Brad (Arthur) is trying to make sure that we’re still being competitive in the player market, and we’re working out with the current players some extensions,” he said. “There’s a lot of stuff, bills that have to be paid, around making sure the club continues to move forward in the operational side of things.”
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...n/news-story/16796d037938ed20bdfd121229f492bc

Bigfella

Coach
I've read some bizarre things but those comments by Gerard are up there with anything as stupid as Sharp or Seward came out with.

We are in the throes of responding to the breach notice and seeking to reduce the penalty and he goes public praising the decision?

All that sounds like is some grateful suck who is happy he didn't get stood down.

Bigfella

Coach
And in making a punk if statement praising the very decision our club and his fellow directors are all challenging he can't even talk in anything but deadshit footballer language.

"It took some balls".

f**k me dead.

T-Boon

Coach
why would you talk to Nick Tabakoff?
It just leaves me questioning whether he was/is the telegraph source.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Agreed Bigfella. Very weird. Just like everything coming out of someone claiming to have Parra's interest at heart, there are clearly underlying motives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts