What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

ash411

Bench
I don't.

I'd stand Semi down this week for welfare grounds, allowing him paid time to prepare for court on Tuesday and recognising that he missed almost a week ofyraining with the team. Give Bureta a go.

Peter Fitzsimons gives our club a roasting in his column yiday, and rightfully so imo.

I'll ask you again, cause we've had this one before. What if the best thing for Semi's welfare is to play? and standing him down is the worst thing for him?

He said he wants to play, why do think not playing is the best thing for his welfare?

ash411

Bench
By JESSICA HALLORAN

FOOTBALLERS charged with domestic violence should be immediately stood down.

You might say, ‘what about Shaun Kenny-Dowall’ who was acquitted.

This is not about ‘innocent until proven guilty’ or overlooking Radradra’s denials of wrongdoing issued through his sister this week.

This is about setting a tone, a standard, that criminal charges mean something in the rugby league world.

The NRL needs to send a message to the wider community that charges of violence against women are a serious issue.

The governing body needs to show that criminal charges are a bigger deal than whether or not a footballer laces up the boots on game day.

That criminal charges are more serious than your team winning.

That, can you believe it, criminal charges rank above a footy game.

The US’s NFL implemented a ‘Personal Conduct Policy’ at the end of 2014 after footage of star Ray Rice dragging his fiancee, who he had knocked out after he punched her in the face, emerged on gossip website, TMZ.

Now, when NFL players are charged, there is a “specific criteria for paid leave for an individual formally charged with a crime of violence, including domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse”.

Add to that a “baseline suspension of six games without pay for violations involving assault, battery, domestic violence, dating violence, child abuse, other forms of family violence, or sexual assault, with consideration given to possible mitigating or aggravating circumstances”.

They’re just criminal charges, so what?

And that sentiment of “so what” was evident from the time Radradra casually arrived back at training on Friday.

Radradra, who is alleged to have kicked his girlfriend when she was pregnant, was back at Parra training like nothing had happened.

By allowing Radradra to play on Saturday night, the NRL and the Parramatta Eels are indicating to the wider community that “it’s not a big deal”.

But it is a big deal.

Enough is enough and now it needs to change.

This really annoys me. So, by her estimation, all any WAG of a football player needs to do to get back at an ex is to accuse them of DV, and have them stood down.

Her article says "I don't care if he did it or not, he's already guilty to me, treat him as such"

That's an ugly precedent to set.

T-Boon

Coach
This really annoys me. So, by her estimation, all any WAG of a football player needs to do to get back at an ex is to accuse them of DV, and have them stood down.

Her article says "I don't care if he did it or not, he's already guilty to me, treat him as such"

That's an ugly precedent to set.

This article confirms for me that right now the presumption of innocence message is way more important than the domestic violence campaign message. This lady simply does not get it. It is not OK to be that stupid.

Kornstar

Coach
This article confirms for me that right now the presumption of innocence message is way more important than the domestic violence campaign message. This lady simply does not get it. It is not OK to be that stupid.

I know you aren't allowed to say it without being chastised as a sexist pig but she is one of those hysterical women who hate men and believe every single one of us is a violent piece of shit.

Facts and figures have nothing on her opinion.

For a sex that wanted equal rights and insist that they are superior, they sure don't handle it well when they are treated equal......

ash411

Bench
I know you aren't allowed to say it without being chastised as a sexist pig but she is one of those hysterical women who hate men and believe every single one of us is a violent piece of shit.

For a sex that wanted equal rights and insist that they are superior, they sure don't handle it well when they are treated equal......

That's the thing though, it's the biggest myth in today's society.

Women like this don't want to be equal, they want all the advantages, but none of the disadvantages.

They don't want to be treated the same, they want to be held above.

It's not true of all women though, just this particular brand of "feminist"

T-Boon

Coach

Agreed, if it is as bad as she says then society needs to send the message.
Maybe change the Bail Act so that anyone charged with violence against a women cannot get bail....that sounds crazy because it is.

T-Boon

Coach
Or maybe if you are charged by the police with DV you don't get your day in Court rather the Police decide your guilty on the day. Haha.

Dibs

Bench
he didn't start playing regular first grade till his mid 20's and is a plodder for a half. every team his played for has let him go. look at Cronulla this year now that they cut him and have a decent, not a great but a decent half.
robson is average to poor. i'd rather kennedy at 6.
yet again you show you have no idea whatsoever pau

Pou has no idea? At least he is talking about a player who still plays the game. Kennedy retired years ago you dipshit

Dibs

Bench
A absolute f**ken deadshit of the highest order.

The dumb merkin doesn't realise that we are all in the private part of this forum talking about how dumb he is.

Who would have thought so many people would keep that 'How dumb is Fanbase?' thread going?

Just when that thread appears to be finally coming to a conclusion he shows back up and makes an even dumber statement than the last one he made.

Dibs

Bench
I couldn't be bothered reading the whole article. As soon as I realised that this individual wanted to ignore innocent till proven guilty part of our Judicial system I knew it wasn't worth the effort. Honestly where do these people get off? Why do they think a footballer should be treated any different to an accountant or whatever other occupation?

Latest posts