What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Kornstar

Coach
I couldn't be bothered reading the whole article. As soon as I realised that this individual wanted to ignore innocent till proven guilty part of our Judicial system I knew it wasn't worth the effort. Honestly where do these people get off? Why do they think a footballer should be treated any different to an accountant or whatever other occupation?

In fact I would suggest a lawyer, doctor or anyone who is governed by legislation and strict moral obligations should be held to a higher account.

A sports person is just a simple guy who happens to be very good at his sport. The fact the public are stupid and hold them in such high regard and parents not wanting to parent these days means that we need to scrutinise them higher than anyone.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'll ask you again, cause we've had this one before. What if the best thing for Semi's welfare is to play? and standing him down is the worst thing for him?

He said he wants to play, why do think not playing is the best thing for his welfare?

Agreed. Right now all he's hearing is what a useless wife-beating merkin he is, unable to get to the airport in time to catch a f**king plane. It can't be good for his self-esteem. Why wouldn't he want to be out there doing the one thing he's good at, which is running over the top of merkins on a footy field.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
13528787_324279781237083_1414210389341996715_n.jpg

hindy111

Post Whore
Can someone clear this up for me.Able to make 35k at French rugby per game or week? Is that by 52 weeks or by 20 games - If its 20 games that 700k. I am sure with 3rd party and pay rise he would get very close to that in NRL.

eels_fan

First Grade
Can someone clear this up for me.Able to make 35k at French rugby per game or week? Is that by 52 weeks or by 20 games - If its 20 games that 700k. I am sure with 3rd party and pay rise he would get very close to that in NRL.

It is by 20 games.

The difference being the tax rate in France is 8%, in Australia for that level of income is 48%.

He'd need to be on over $1m to get the same $$ in his pocket

emjaycee

Coach
Current list of known truths about Semi's current situation:

1. His ex-partner has put out an AVO against him and he has been charged to appear in relation to this on Tuesday at Parramatta Court
2. French Rugby team Bordeaux had previously tabled and offer and has since withdrawn it
3. Semi was given permission to fly to Fiji over the bye weekend however he missed the original deadline for returning and an extension granted by BA and returned to Sydney on Thursday before training on Friday at the Captains Run
4. BA has included Semi in the named side for Round 17 clash v Sharks as per original team list
5. The players are not concerned about Semi missing training and reckon he could turn up in time for the pre-game warm up and still play

It is by 20 games.

The difference being the tax rate in France is 8%, in Australia for that level of income is 48%.

He'd need to be on over $1m to get the same $$ in his pocket

??? The top marginal rate of tax in France is about 45%.

And the top Australian marginal tax rate is also 45% (+ medicare levy).

Where did you get the 8% from?

El Diablo

Post Whore

phantom eel

First Grade
I'll ask you again, cause we've had this one before. What if the best thing for Semi's welfare is to play? and standing him down is the worst thing for him?

He said he wants to play, why do think not playing is the best thing for his welfare?
Foran thought playing was what he wanted too, but we made a judgement call for his welfare that he needed to stand down for two weeks.

It's a call a professional welfare staff member needs to make while observing Semi over time (when he's been bothered to report to training), not one that should be left up to what Semi wants for himself on game day.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think in view of what has been written about Semi, he probabaly does deserve his own thread.

So.................

Lets keep the rumours in here and the facts in a Semi thread which means they have to be sourced, or suffer the wrath of El Deleto

cheers