What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I never thought I'd witness it again.

gregstar

Referee
i really believed that the seasons between '86 & '91 was the worst period of my time as a saints fan.
particularly the '88-'90 stretch when we were possibly only marginally above downie level.
however for all the gomer-like qualities of that era, we actually won the midweek comp in '88.

the level we have played at this year is quite possibly....... no.......it IS by far & away the WORST i have ever borne witness to.
i defy any supporter from 1970 onwards to provide me with a season that has had a level of play this inept, this incompetent & this lacklustre.

i understand that there are swings & roundabouts with regards a club being at the pointy end of the comp for a couple of seasons & struggling for others, but this looks so entrenched in the club's psyche that it is truly scary.

surely jowls' time has come because this is tragic to watch.

This Year?

Immortal
It is scary that it is entrenched in their psyche. They don't look like they want to win. I actually laughed when Widderp threw the intercept pass because the second it left his hands I knew it would result in a Titans try.

This team in so slow and predictable its like watching the same episode of Married with Children on repeat.

Mr Red

First Grade
It's the lacklustre part that is most concerning....simply not responding to the coaching team...the whole team just not Mary .
Even the teams you mentioned that lacked skill still seemed energetic each week.

It is scary that it is entrenched in their psyche. They don't look like they want to win. I actually laughed when Widderp threw the intercept pass because the second it left his hands I knew it would result in a Titans try.

ME TOOOO !!! The moment it left his hands I said 'Try Titans'

i really believed that the seasons between '86 & '91 was the worst period of my time as a saints fan.
particularly the '88-'90 stretch when we were possibly only marginally above downie level.
however for all the gomer-like qualities of that era, we actually won the midweek comp in '88.

the level we have played at this year is quite possibly....... no.......it IS by far & away the WORST i have ever borne witness to.
i defy any supporter from 1970 onwards to provide me with a season that has had a level of play this inept, this incompetent & this lacklustre.

i understand that there are swings & roundabouts with regards a club being at the pointy end of the comp for a couple of seasons & struggling for others, but this looks so entrenched in the club's psyche that it is truly scary.

surely jowls' time has come because this is tragic to watch.

I'm a supporter since they lost the 75 GF, and I have to agree with this post, this is worse than the late 80s thing.

We are slow, dumb and so not tough. But mostly slow and dumb

2010Dragons

Bench
I'm a supporter since they lost the 75 GF, and I have to agree with this post, this is worse than the late 80s thing.
I've been supporting since 1975 too. Totally agree with you.
Widdop would have to be the worst Dragons captain in club history.
Can any one think of a worst Dragons captain then widDOPE??????

Last edited:

Crossbow

Juniors
Can someone administer the lethal injection for all dragons fans I'm ready.Im over this dribble we stink and I'm shattered.Our team is at the lowest point.Is that the bottom?

Dragsters

First Grade

Same and same.

Our attack is like watching flat lemonade.

I feel like flat lemonade just watching them.

#flatlemonade

OzDragon

Coach
With Price, at least we knew we were gonna lose. With Mary, he shows us small glimmers of hope, followed by major periods of dissapointment (and that's putting it lightly).

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Hire qlders. Ha, you know it. If not bush blokes and indigenous fellas. Seriously, blacklock, coyne, bartrim, hardy, Mundine, MANN, brown. It's these players that thrive in the red V.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
On a positive note we HOPEFULLY cannot sink any lower.Tragic position but we really do need to look at giving youth and team changes a go.We may get beaten,but guess what?We are not winning now.Please coach McGregor, make changes then resign.

Gareth67

First Grade
A washing machine on spin cycle moves in a straighter line than the Dragons attack !

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
Steve Price era was the worst I'd seen and I've seen the late 80's stuff too. However the recent form is giving Steve Price a run for it's money and beaten by a length by the late 80's team.....shocking to watch especially the last two performances.

HenryTatana

Juniors
The club needs to do one of 2 things, refer Mary to Dr Philip Nitscke or provide all supporters with the numbers to Lifeline.

Disclaimer - no disrespect intended to those with serious issues.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Agree with you all and I feel this team is even worse than the Price era. I haven't seen such an inept clueless attack since I've been following the Dragons from 1970. At least some of those poor 80's teams thrilled with some entertaining attack with speed and skill and provided some highs. This is the worse coached and captained Dragons team for me. At least Price had Ben Creagh to carry his load.

Steve Price era was the worst I'd seen and I've seen the late 80's stuff too. However the recent form is giving Steve Price a run for it's money and beaten by a length by the late 80's team.....shocking to watch especially the last two performances.

Minh, I have to take issue with this. I think we are worse now then late 80s (wasn't Craig Young captain coach then?).

The difference is we have structured into this. Back then everything was add hoc, happy-go-unlucky.

The big question is.....

is....

is...

are we worse now then under STeve PRice?