What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne signs with Gold Coast

big hit!

Bench
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...gest-deal-in-nrl-history-20160802-gqj8ma.html

Article doesn't confirm it, but Weidler did on C9.

Investing a large proportion of funds in one player generally doesn't turn out to well for clubs......unless they're rorting the cap, but this rears its head down the track.

However, I think it's good that he's moved to a club which generally struggles to attract big name players. No doubt the NRL have had input in the negotiations.

MilkShark

First Grade
lol at Titans. 1 player does not make a good team. Goodluck affording to pay anyone else worth anything on your roster.

Scaven

Juniors
lol at Titans. 1 player does not make a good team. Goodluck affording to pay anyone else worth anything on your roster.

Huh? I'm no Titans supporter but they have 2 of the best young halves in the country and seem to be doing ok this year.

mongoose

Coach
Didn't see that coming.

Don't think the Titans need him. If they are going to spend big on one player then it should be a Queenslander...

MilkShark

First Grade
It's a 2year deal. Their halves won't be commanding cash in that time.

I dunno, Ash Taylor could get big coin already in a competition lacking talented halves. Elgey also.

Good to have Hayne back if true, but I can see an Eels repeat. 1 man team.

MilkShark

First Grade
They are a good team, eg;18-18 v Cron

Oh I agree for sure, but they don't Hayne on 1.2 million dollars a years chewing up their cap at the moment. Alot of Titans players will be looking elsewhere once Hayne is on the roster on that much money.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Hayne is the worst kind of athlete. At least those (Kyrgios) with similar personality sentiments (entitlement, arrogance etc) stick to individual sports.

POPEYE

Coach
Titans' players should realise that Jarryd is only a 20 minuter, no threat of dominating their careers merely an accessory . . . Robbie possibly going to Souths is the real story

They do need a fullback, especially if Mead and/or Hofman leave. Not sure if he's the right one, not for the price involved. Zillman is local and has been okay for them but he's not good enough if they want to be strong. Only problem is, Mead probably will go now.

Diesel

Referee
But, but, but all the media was saying he was going to the Roosters and then the Eels.

Good signing, Tits are on the way up