What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne signs with Gold Coast

yobbo84

First Grade
Since they finalised their 2016 squad they've added Peats, Hurrell, Olive and now Weidler reporting potentially Hayne this year to. How much under the cap were they?

The sceptic in me says this is all too easy for a club that the NRL took over and desperately want to succeed...

Best signing in their history but hopefully long term it doesn't cost them Taylor or Elgey...

Game_Breaker

Coach
Watch the tears start rolling at the official announcement as Hayne says it's been a dream to be a Titan for many years and now he has a chance to fore fill that dream.

A dream that will most likely last 12 months if that before he finds another dream.

Hayne: One of my favourite movies of all time is Remember the Titans, from the first time I watched that film I knew one day I will fulfill my dream and become a Titan. I will make sure other teams remember the night they played the Titans

Edwahu

Bench
Since they finalised their 2016 squad they've added Peats, Hurrell, Olive and now Weidler reporting potentially Hayne this year to. How much under the cap were they?

The sceptic in me says this is all too easy for a club that the NRL took over and desperately want to succeed...

Best signing in their history but hopefully long term it doesn't cost them Taylor or Elgey...
It's not like they would pay full freight for any of those players except Olive. Maybe half a seasons worth.

I believe since Elgey didnt play a game before injury he may be exempt also.

Snappy

Coach
I recall hearing that they were paying Peats about 150k for the rest of this season

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I wonder if Haynetrain will pull an Elia Tuqiri and start following the Tits. I wonder if he now thinks Jarryd is a lesbian...

Radio just reported he could be playing this year.

I don't see how considering players need to be registered with the NRL by 30 June to play that year. If they allowed him to play this year, I think they will get just about everyone of the other 15 clubs up in arms.

Gm5

Juniors
I don't see how considering players need to be registered with the NRL by 30 June to play that year. If they allowed him to play this year, I think they will get just about everyone of the other 15 clubs up in arms.

that's only players that are currently contracted to an NRL club is it not?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
"Like I always said, if I ever came back I'd go to Parra if they wanted me," Hayne told Triple M's The Grill Team on Monday.

"That was always something I said from the start. It's funny when you see media outlets say I'm doing this and I'm doing that. It's even funnier when you see Parra fans go online and have a go at me. If you believe that you're a clown."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...eels-if-he-quits-the-nfl-20160207-gmo28a.html

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
PARRAMATTA has formally approved a three-year offer for superstar Jarryd Hayne worth nearly $2.5 million.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the club has rubber-stamped the offer which is expected to tabled to Hayne’s manager, Wayne Beavis, this week.

Hayne’s deal would be worth around $800,000 a season — the same money which lured Kieran Foran from Manly to Parramatta.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/d0fa6a9bc60ada4a5b9ea4c26cf35424

I'm guessing the Tits offered a bit more than $800k.

DC_fan

Coach
Playing on the Gold Coast at least brings him closer to Dreamworld.

Its not about money its about a dream.

mxlegend99

Referee
Eels offer $800k per season.
Titans offer $1.2m per season.

Earning half his salary again while living on the Gold Coast. I cant imagine any player would have made a different decision in the same circumstances.

Latest posts