What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Delboy

First Grade
Avenger is correct with his info, seems obvious that the NRL have influenced the decision given their comments on Hayne and his manager needing to confirm payments made at the Eels

Sweep all this under the carpet , release pressure on the NRL, f**k Parramatta , they will survive. How obvious is it, the CEO remains protected by the political influences at a few clubs

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
NORMAN and SEMI still not guaranteed to stay. Look for the NRL to give the Dragons an allowance for Semi warchest to be lost to the game and the rest of their ample free cap to sign Norman lol
Norman is staying, Dragons pulled out of the race by re-signing Thompson yesterday

Incorrect

Coach
Was it stagger that said a few days ago we were going hard for Farah? You would think if that were the case that things would only ramp up now on the back of Hayne's announcement.

Personally I'd see what it might take to get Segeyaro back here... not that I'm completely sold on him, and his presence might carry some distractions for Norman, but BA should be able to sort that stuff out hopefully.

Even in our current predicament, re-signing IDG, if in fact that is official, was a rash decision IMO.

Oh and I remember posting, probably in the Hayne thread, a few months back that all the talk about Hayne coming back to the Eels was starting to feel like that time Lyon was supposed to be coming back to Parra when hereturned from Super League and that it could all end in tears....

Noise

Coach
As far as the spine goes, so far we look to have:
1: Gutho / French
6: Norman
7: ?
9: IDG / Pritchard

Not that bad a spine if you ask me, IDG and Pritchard go ok, not the best, but well enough, especially if we bolster the forwards, that will help them out, I great forward pack can make the world of difference.

Adding Hayne (only) to that spine doesn't make them go from 1/10 to 10/10, I would rate that spine probably at a 5/10, but a good 7 can up that to 8/10.

That spine is woeful. Gutho/French is average, Norman is good (though still un-signed) and the hooker rotation is deplorable. You will struggle to find a worse spine.

Even Newcastle with Gagai, Hodkinson, mullen and Levi/Randall is probably better.

Kornstar

Coach
I agree, epwcially after we let him go to chase his dream while he was still being payed by the club.

Bart was right he's a f**king merkin of a human being!!!!

He will be hammered by journalists for his comments when he left and the ones on MMM earlier this year.

I will be very interested with how he handles them.

We don't need him so I don't care that he's not coming back but I do take issue with lies.

The Eels fans who bought 49ers jerseys would be pretty pissed right now.

phantom eel

First Grade
But if he goes elsewhere he's a "shit human being".

Surely that would limit his earning potential elsewhere, I mean what kind of high level corporate want's to be associated with a "shit human being"?
Looks like he is a shit human being... and some people will still think the sun shines out of his arse, while hating on Jamie Lyon?

phantom eel

First Grade
We had not even tabled Hayne an offer according to BA. Yet he signs with a rival club before even listening to us. This is twice as bad as lyon situation who as a young kid walked out on a coach he hated.

This is a guy who we gave a release to chase his dream and hasn't even given us a chance. HJ was right all along.

merkin of a man
Indeed.

Swiftstylez

Bench
This is the cherry on top of the myth that our hedonistic and solipsistic culture was over. The Eels has been some kind of party platform that players believe entitles them to a legacy they haven't even achieved. Take Hayne for example: he believed he had "achieved everything he could in the NRL" before he went... Hello, they didn't even win a Grand Final... but since he had the personal accolades of winning an origin, being a Dally M and living the life of a superstar, he had a Freudian slip. He had won all the things that really mattered to him. And all the other past players we have had that have been superstars had been living the life they only dreamed of.

Winning a premiership is something children care about...parties, hoes and money on the other hand, that is what is really attractive to an Eels player. Oh and God.

phantom eel

First Grade
and the year just got worse.... FMD
Only for people who were blindly expecting Hayne to come back and play alongside his "mates".

If you didn't fall for the hype (and Avenger's "info") then a player who was never coming and then didn't sign this is hardly worse at all.

SDM

First Grade
OK, so our roster now sux, we need to rebuild for a crack at the 2022 premiership.
Sack the coach and bring in Hagan, Kearney or Langmack.

Latest posts