What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benny Creagh

blacksafake

First Grade
All the best "Capt Blood'.
A true club legend who gave his all.Proof that you do not need to throw punches to show how tough you are.Prepared to take the tough runs & no matter how hard & how high he got hit he still continued to get to his feet & play on.What a combination he had with Hornby.:D

Mr Red

First Grade
When he was at his peak he was one of the best wide running back rowers going around.
I'm glad he announced his retirement now rather than try and play 1 season too long.

The Doc

Juniors
All the best "Capt Blood'.
A true club legend who gave his all.Proof that you do not need to throw punches to show how tough you are.Prepared to take the tough runs & no matter how hard & how high he got hit he still continued to get to his feet & play on.What a combination he had with Hornby.:D
Hahaha i remember that combination...
Hornby knew how to play a game that suited captain blood.
Damm Creagh was good... always bent the line and always had quick play the balls.
Put him in charge of our juniors... they will learn alot about loving that beautifull red V from captain blood!!!!

GC Dragon

Juniors
All the best Benny . A true Dragons legend that always put the club before himself as he has done with this decision . If the kids want a true ( Not media driven ) role model on and off the field ..Look no further than Benny Creagh ....Cheers Benny.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Great player for the red V. Always put in 100%. Thanks for the memories.

The way he retired typifies the great man he is. He could easily stay on for a few games to get the record of most games but as usual puts the club and team first. I am sure he will remain within the club in some capacity as he has a degree in finance or business from memory.

Mr Red

First Grade
A lot of people on social media bagging Creagh at the moment because of the Justin hodges incident, or the time Creagh couldn't even score from 1m out when little Ben barba nailed him on the tryline....
Yeah the guy wasn't perfect and he would probably love to have both those times again....however let's not take away from the service he gave the dragons.

I never rated him as a great captain, but in his heyday was a top class player and can walk away as a premiership winner which a lot of great players never achieve..

OzDragon

Coach
Great man on and off the field. Hopefully he can play, even if it's for 5 minutes in round 26, so we can give him a proper send off.

OzDragon

Coach
My most recent fav moment was last year vs Broncos at Kogarah last set of the game and I saw Benny fire up the team and say "1 more set" and we held on and won!

Great player well done on a good career
One of the best would be his try against Newy a few years back where he carried 2 or 3 Newy players for 10 meters to score under the posts. Tough as nails without resorting to grub tactics.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
He's saying "at season's end" so he might still get the send off he deserves. Let's hope he can pull on the boots for Round 26 at Kogarah and we can give him a fitting farewell.

If we are definitely out of the finals race then I can see him on the bench and given 10 or 15 mins and give gim the send off that he deserves. As soon as he's on I would expect the supporters to raise the roof and stand as one and give him a rousing reception.
There are photos of him doing drill training so this scenario is indeed possible.

Benny Creagh we will miss you !

Thanks for the memories.

You have been a model ambassador for our club. Wish you all the best for your future

St Georgio

Juniors
A lot of people on social media bagging Creagh at the moment because of the Justin hodges incident, or the time Creagh couldn't even score from 1m out when little Ben barba nailed him on the tryline....
Yeah the guy wasn't perfect and he would probably love to have both those times again....however let's not take away from the service he gave the dragons.

I never rated him as a great captain, but in his heyday was a top class player and can walk away as a premiership winner which a lot of great players never achieve..
I rated him for taking the hardest role as captain, two dud coaches in row, well done Benny, we need more academics like you in the club.

since77

Juniors
*removed*

Yeah some players will be remembered for just one thing .....

a8abf023316a9a43e74ac9b5610510f1

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigurd

Juniors
I saw the headline "Dragons Skipper to Retire at End of Season". I was really excited. A little surprised because I thought he could get a contract in the ESL but just a little. Then I opened the link, saw it was Creagh and remembered that Widdop is actually the "co-captain". What a let-down. Creagh carried the team for a few years during the tenure of Price and before that he more than held his own playing in a star-studded team.

Mr Red

First Grade
I saw the headline "Dragons Skipper to Retire at End of Season". I was really excited. A little surprised because I thought he could get a contract in the ESL but just a little. Then I opened the link, saw it was Creagh and remembered that Widdop is actually the "co-captain". What a let-down. Creagh carried the team for a few years during the tenure of Price and before that he more than held his own playing in a star-studded team.

I don't think they are co captains this year.. I think Ben Creagh is club captain and Widdop team captain.
Someone may be able to confirm?

OLD FART DRAGON

Juniors
Thanks ben .u showed how to play the game onfield and offield .allways played well. I have watched the dragons for more than 60 years.hes one of our best ever. Loyalty and honour .should be made Secretary one day.of our club.long live benny creagh.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Thanks ben .u showed how to play the game onfield and offield .allways played well. I have watched the dragons for more than 60 years.hes one of our best ever. Loyalty and honour .should be made Secretary one day.of our club.long live benny creagh.

Spot on. Legend on and off the field. Enjoy retirement benny

Latest posts