What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benny Creagh

dragonssamy61

First Grade
That day was the second year in what has now become an annual event with my then seven year old nephew. What a win! He went back to school and was asked to write an acrostic poem about Anzac Day. It ended with "Y is for yay, yay for Benny Creagh who scores a try and saves the day". Indeed he did.

Your little cousin is very talented. Good on him

Gareth67

First Grade
Why don't you put up a gif of Hodges belting an injured Morris when he's in pain lying on the ground. That's what real men do, right?
Have only just seen the rubbish that the Donkey supporter has put on our website , as a so called ' tribute ' to Benny . How anyone could do that is beyond me !

As we all know he was referring to a player that has given everything , and more , to his Club . All players , regardless of the Club and after many years of loyal service , deserve to be treated with respect and dignity upon their retirement .

As far as taken a ' backwood ' step is concerned , he was the first Dragon player who fronted both Bullthugs players , Kasiano and Pritchard after they attacked Gareth Widdop as he layed on the ground defenceless , in last years semi .

Of course I cant immediately think of any Bronco player to have done likewise , at least without having a cry .

Have only just seen the rubbish that the Donkey supporter has put on our website , as a so called ' tribute ' to Benny . How anyone could do that is beyond me !

As we all know he was referring to a player that has given everything , and more , to his Club . All players , regardless of the Club and after many years of loyal service , deserve to be treated with respect and dignity upon their retirement .

As far as taken a ' backwood ' step is concerned , he was the first Dragon player who fronted both Bullthugs players , Kasiano and Pritchard after they attacked Gareth Widdop as he layed on the ground defenceless , in last years semi .

Of course I cant immediately think of any Bronco player to have done likewise , at least without having a cry .

I am not sure of the reality or indeed Ben's general fitness for the rigours of a game... And I realise it would be possibly at the expense of giving a kid some experience. But what a great opportunity it would be to; market the game; sell out kogarah; and pay tribute to a true dragons champion.

I have a feeling we are pointed this way... Can you imagine the emotion and spirit this could create .. We could even end a very ordinary season on a positive.

One last chance for Ben to sing the winning team song... Hell, sing it in front of the grand stand.

Then again, we are dealing with the dragons marketing.. And they have dropped the ball before.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
I am not sure of the reality or indeed Ben's general fitness for the rigours of a game... And I realise it would be possibly at the expense of giving a kid some experience. But what a great opportunity it would be to; market the game; sell out kogarah; and pay tribute to a true dragons champion.

I have a feeling we are pointed this way... Can you imagine the emotion and spirit this could create .. We could even end a very ordinary season on a positive.

One last chance for Ben to sing the winning team song... Hell, sing it in front of the grand stand.

Then again, we are dealing with the dragons marketing.. And they have dropped the ball before.

It would most certainly be worth it . As you said , T.O.T.S. ,a wonderful marketing opportunity for the Club , and a fitting send off for one of the Dragons best and most liked . Something to put a smile on all of our faces at the end of a most dismal season .

Agreed with you Old Timer this thread definitely needs more posts in it!

Does anyone remember Big Bad Bustling Benny running down state of Origin winger Steve Turner in front of the hill at Kogarah a few years ago? Great moment!

Agreed with you Old Timer this thread definitely needs more posts in it!

Does anyone remember Big Bad Bustling Benny running down state of Origin winger Steve Turner in front of the hill at Kogarah a few years ago? Great moment!

I do.. I couldn't believe what I saw.. Gave him a start and reeled him in. I think we may have even beat Melbourne that night... Those were the days.

Just another great memory in a fabulous, untainted career. A true cleanskin and "no sh#t in the bloke" as the old country boys say.

The dragons administration could do a lot worse than getting him on the Board.. He gets it... He understands the game and the Dragons from the ground up.. Unfortunately cronyism will kick In and he will be lost to the game.

The game is crying out for "football people to run football" .. Whilst this isn't always wise .. In this case you have the brains to go with it.

A good man.. And he can be very proud of his work to date.

St Tangles

Bench
A great clubman.
An excellent player.
Up there with my all time favourite Saints players.
His leading of the team song in the sheds is going to be a hard one to top.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
If you'd told me at that first game when he played on the wing and was absolutely hopeless that this guy would play 270 games, play origin, win a premiership and captain the club - I wouldve taken you straight to a psychiatrist!

Great bloke, extremely good player and congratulations on a great career.

That Anzac day try probably my favourite moment..
Actually he did OK in that first game on the wing, nothing spectacular but he seemed keen to get involved. A few of us certainly noticed him, so the signs were there.

Followed Ben Creagh's progress after that as he found himself being positioned closer to the forwards and eventually in the front row.

A one club player, rare in the modern age and a true sign of character. An inspiration to a generation of players and fans... that's his legacy.

Coffs dragon

Bench
He has represented the club with distinction as a player, a leader and a quality role model. He has been a favourite player of mine for many many years and I am sure he will be successful in the next stage of his life.
I hope to see him as our CEO down the track bringing honesty and accountability back to the club.
Well played Ben and I'm sure your parents are very very proud.

drake

First Grade
Absolute champion, his intelligence always showed on the field. He could hit the ball up hard, always making metres and getting to his feet to play the ball quickly, but the lines he ran and the insight he showed was great. Great clubman and ambassador for the game.

Old Timer

Coach
I noticed him in shorts and t-shirt in part of the opposed training session before last weeks game one can only hope that is a sign.
The great Harry Bath pulled a smart one when he brought Bantam down onto the ground in his uniform and the players and crowd went wild so with the interchange being so brilliantly used by supercoach surely he can get him out there for 1 last time.
But as someone else posted earlier Ben is such a humble guy he will try to stay out of the limelight.

Latest posts