What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mike Cooper you have no class

TruSaint

Referee
I'm not even sure if those comments are from readers. Or perhaps there's a bit of cherry picking going on.

If this thread and the one in JA are anything to go on, the vast majority of fans agree with Mike Cooper.

Yes mate... On this issue JA and LU are in sync. These are tweets from who knows where. I didnt think he insulted the Club at all. He called for change and not living in the past. We can all agree or disagree as to what measures these take ( coach , board, staff, players etc ), but his message rings true.

drake

First Grade
Glad he said what he did; nothing but fact. Hiring staff from within hasn't worked and won't. The club isn't the powerhouse it once was and won't be until a lot is changed.

FlameThrower

Bench
Glad he said what he did; nothing but fact. Hiring staff from within hasn't worked and won't. The club isn't the powerhouse it once was and won't be until a lot is changed.
..a concise summary of where the Club is at..he has said what we all having been saying for ages..

Old Timer

Coach
Just read an interview from Cooper slamming the club and its fans.

We accept that certain officials have been at the club for too long and have continually made poor decisions over the past 5 years.

Bums on seats have been down, largely due to poor on field performances.

This season Mike's form was abysmal. He lacked motivation and his efforts on the park were sub-standard.

Unlike Benji who took ownership of his form, Cooper blames the Club for living in the past and the fans for thinking our club is bigger than it is.

Last time I checked, the board doesn't miss tackles, or drop balls, nor does it fail to back up players with the ball.

Suggest you have a good look in the mirror Mike. Players like you are symptomatic of the current management and coach.

You came to the club as a fringe first grader and excelled because of the standard of players around you.
When things got tough you took your bat and ball and went home with your tail between your legs.

You have no class or backbone.

Best of luck playing at home in the substandard super league with your mediocre team mates.
You have lost the plot on this one SF.
Cooper has given an honest and accurate view of where our club is at.
We should applaud him for his forthright attitude and willingness to call a spade a spade.
Benji's post was full of pleasantries but he still took the cash and delivered SFA and would have continued to do so if we had of resigned him.
Re Cooper leaving for home with his tail between his legs shows your ignorance as to his private circumstances and you should do some homework before posting such a misguided comment.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I completely repudiate the views expressed in the OP.

Also, cooper was one of the Dragons' most consistent players over the past three-years.

I cannot fault the bloke for speaking the truth.

Sometimes 'it' hurts.

For a club which had fantastic success in the 1950/60s, the addition of only another three premierships in 50-years is mediocrity personified.

Not good enough.

Last edited:

drake

First Grade
World record success I believe it was.
Never gonna happen again; the competition is a different animal today. All of us want a premiership every year, but we can't expect it. We can expect a competitive side every year that has a chance. We can expect the best staff possible to be hired; appointed for their skills and knowledge, not their history as a player, friendship with the higher ups or how long they've been around for.

RPG437

Juniors
I completely repudiate the views expressed in the OP.

Also, cooper was one of the Dragons' most consistent players over the past three-years.

I cannot fault the bloke for speaking the truth.

Sometimes 'it' hurts.

For a club which had fantastic success in the 1950/60s, the addition of only another three premierships in 50-years is mediocrity personified.

Not good enough.

Don't forget '85 - robbed; '92/'93 beaten by Qld origin team; '96 - robbed (Ridge tackled and got up and ran again) and '99 - had it in the bag. Also most years we made semi's - the post Bennett era has been the worst since I started supporting 46 years ago.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Don't forget '85 - robbed; '92/'93 beaten by Qld origin team; '96 - robbed (Ridge tackled and got up and ran again) and '99 - had it in the bag. Also most years we made semi's - the post Bennett era has been the worst since I started supporting 46 years ago.

All true, but you've forgotten 1986-'91 inclusive which occurred just prior to those brace of grand finals.

The Dragons' current malaise 'supercedes' anything else in the Club's history.

RPG437

Juniors
It's impossible to expect Cooper to understand the depth of disappointment, disillusionment and extreme frustration felt by us poor devoted fans. If he had been around when the Dragons faithful filled the Sheridan stand he would understand. The general comments he made seem on the money to me.

SaintPauli

Juniors
The Broncos team in 92 / 93 were on approx 9 million and dragons on 2.3 million per season! The days of NO SALARY CAP!

SaintPauli

Juniors
Cooper spoke from the heart. It is refreshing to get an outsiders perspective which can often bring truth to underlying problems. I.e. backwards Old boy school policies and club management.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
OP:

11709976.jpg

Latest posts