What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barba sacked

TomRedVRiver

Bench
A big loss for them, but replaceable. Holmes will slot right into that fullback spot and probably win Dally M Fullback Of The Year.

gregstar

Referee
i'm shocked & stunned.

who would have guessed that bahbah of all people would have mistaken baby powder?

giboz71

First Grade
Actually convenient for the Sharks given both Holmes and Bird both covet the fullback spot. Was always going to be difficult to keep all 3.

Now they don't have to worry about Barba.

Assume they don't have to pay him out given he was sacked for misconduct?

hazzbeen

Bench
Actually convenient for the Sharks given both Holmes and Bird both covet the fullback spot. Was always going to be difficult to keep all 3.

Not sure about convenient , but what a good luxury to have . We dont have those options at our club ....

Lethal25

Juniors
Barba's contract for 2017 wasn't going to be subsidised by the Broncos so would have been significantly more on their books, very good timing for the Sharks I would imagine.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
It makes you think if these guys were not successful in league whether they would have gone off the rails long before . If true very sad as he had turned his footy around .....

Mate let's be realistic, the drug is widely used amongst NRL players and people across that age range in general.

There is a very big difference between recreational drug use and "going off the rails".

Dragon Revival

Juniors
The Sharks will miss Ennis and Barba and their strikepower will be greatly reduced. We
beat them last time we played and here's
hoping next time to.

Gareth67

First Grade
It would seem that this is , another one of those " Hush - Hush " episodes , announced in the media , only after the player has been shipped off to sunny Thailand . I am surprised that the Sharks number 1 fan , a Sports journo. never announced the flight details .

If memory serves me correct , I believe that was the same place that a star Rorter was sent to earlier this year , after accidently falling on top of a pooch ?

Firstly his contract has been torn-up ? Next , a 12 month ban from the game ? And now the latest is only a 12 week suspension ?
It is going to be a verrrry looong off - season .

monsterkev

Juniors
Repeat offender just as big a dickhead as carney
Should cop the same treatment and be de-registerd there is not much difference except one drunk his own piss and the other snorted coke
Get rid of him

Bench
The media and social media needs to back off intruding on players lives, we all have baggage but it seems high profile players are an easy target.

If the chinless water boy one Mr Steven Price has anything to do with it they will probably have Gerard Beale in the Number 1 jumper :rolleyes::D