What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

souths best 17 (questionable)SAYS SHADOW...

alien

Referee
Clark shouldn't be an automatic selection for Round 1, but I have a feeling Madge will have him on the interchange.

alien

Referee
At the moment, this would be my 17 if we are at full strength:

1. Inglis
2. Johnston
3. Hunt
4. Goodwin
5. Gray
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Musgrove
9. Farah
10. Tom Burgess
11. Sutton
12. Rochow
13. Sam Burgess

14. Cook
15. Turner / Clark / Crichton
16. George Burgess
17. Cherrington

Not sure on Jennings and Burns yet. I want to see them play a bit more first.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I think Cook has to be at #9 or not at all.
Agree for a couple of reasons.
First we have a hooker (Farah or Cook) that can play 80 minutes. A hooker on the bench is unneeded.
Two. While cook can play multiply positions, hooker is the only one he is 1st grade standard. Sutton can slot into the halves if needed. Chricton can play in the backs and Clark can play hooker if absolutely needed to for injury. Cook is not needed.
3. It doesn't suit Farah or cooks games. Cook really struggled of the bench last year. Farah is an experienced player that probes all game and tries to control the tempo. Coming of between the 30-60 mark upsets that.
4. We have a big pack. We need all the interchanges we have. Just taking the Burgess on and off takes half our interchanges. Sutton has always struggled with 80 minutes in the forwards. Having a hooker rotation drops us to 6 interchanges. The prop rotation takes another 4. That leaves 2 interchanges to cover Sutton and possible injuries. Having hookers on the bench will see our big men having to play longer minutes.
Almost all our wins last year came with a hooker playing 80 minutes.
I think people picking cook on the bench are picking him with their hearts not their head

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Agree for a couple of reasons.
First we have a hooker (Farah or Cook) that can play 80 minutes. A hooker on the bench is unneeded.
Two. While cook can play multiply positions, hooker is the only one he is 1st grade standard. Sutton can slot into the halves if needed. Chricton can play in the backs and Clark can play hooker if absolutely needed to for injury. Cook is not needed.
3. It doesn't suit Farah or cooks games. Cook really struggled of the bench last year. Farah is an experienced player that probes all game and tries to control the tempo. Coming of between the 30-60 mark upsets that.
4. We have a big pack. We need all the interchanges we have. Just taking the Burgess on and off takes half our interchanges. Sutton has always struggled with 80 minutes in the forwards. Having a hooker rotation drops us to 6 interchanges. The prop rotation takes another 4. That leaves 2 interchanges to cover Sutton and possible injuries. Having hookers on the bench will see our big men having to play longer minutes.
Almost all our wins last year came with a hooker playing 80 minutes.
I think people picking cook on the bench are picking him with their hearts not their head

I wonder where cisco and miagi are ??

foreverinourshadow

First Grade

1. Inglis
2. Johnston
3. Hunt
4. Goodwin
5. Gray
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Musgrove
9. Farah
10. Tom Burgess
11. Sutton
12. Rochow
13. Sam Burgess

14. Cook
16. George Burgess
17. Cherrington

If you drop clark and turner id be a lot happier,and id like to see burns and jennings take gray and goodwins spots eventually.
1. Inglis
2. Johnston
3. Hunt
4. jennings
5. burns
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Musgrove
9. Farah
10. Tom Burgess
11. Sutton
12. Rochow
13. Sam Burgess

14. Cook
15. Crichton
16. George Burgess
17. Cherrington

Rabbits20

Immortal

1. Inglis
2. Johnston
3. Hunt
4. Goodwin
5. Gray
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Musgrove
9. Farah
10. Tom Burgess
11. Sutton
12. Rochow
13. Sam Burgess

14. Cook
16. George Burgess
17. Cherrington

In the highlights from last night Jennings made a couple of poor defensive choices and missed an important one on one tackle.

I need to see more. I personally don't think he's as good as Shadow is making out.

Doyen isn't excited by Jennings either Shadow.

doyen

Bench
In the highlights from last night Jennings made a couple of poor defensive choices and missed an important one on one tackle.

I need to see more. I personally don't think he's as good as Shadow is making out.

Doyen isn't excited by Jennings either Shadow.

I haven't seen Jennings play much at all. I'm going on reports I've read & also from a number of Panthers supporters I know. They didn't miss a beat when Robert left--they didn't rate him & he wasn't going to make the Panthers line-up. I don't think they intended to even grade him in their top squad!!

I think he has ability & size of body----it's the size of heart with Robert that comes into question. Yet,he is only young so he may evolve gradually!!

doyen

Bench
I haven't seen Jennings play much at all. I'm going on reports I've read & also from a number of Panthers supporters I know. They didn't miss a beat when Robert left--they didn't rate him & he wasn't going to make the Panthers line-up. I don't think they intended to even grade him in their top squad!!
Well Farah would go to half if need be.

We'll be desperate if Farah plays half!!

callmack1

Staff member
If you drop clark and turner id be a lot happier,and id like to see burns and jennings take gray and goodwins spots eventually.
1. Inglis
2. Johnston
3. Hunt
4. jennings
5. burns
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Musgrove
9. Farah
10. Tom Burgess
11. Sutton
12. Rochow
13. Sam Burgess

14. Cook
15. Crichton
16. George Burgess
17. Cherrington
Not quite what I think the side will be but that is still a great side!