What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Billythekid

First Grade
Rumor going around the Knights have an offer of 5 million over four years for Kieran Foran.

Geez that's a lot of money. Having said that the knights are desperate for a quality experienced half and someone like Foran could go a long way to changing the fortunes of the knights. It might help them attract a few more players as well.

Still that's big money and puts a lot of pressure on Foran to deliver.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Geez that's a lot of money. Having said that the knights are desperate for a quality experienced half and someone like Foran could go a long way to changing the fortunes of the knights. It might help them attract a few more players as well.

Still that's big money and puts a lot of pressure on Foran to deliver.

If I am Foran's management and I actually give a shit about his well being, that would be the issue.

I think the best thing for him is to go to a strong club with plenty of quality around him to ease the pressure.

The last thing this bloke needs isnthe weight and expectation of the entire Hunter region hanging around his neck.

Can't stand the turd, but if he is going to a Sydney team, it should be somewhere like the Dogs.

MacDougall

First Grade
A sometimes decent insider on WestsTigersForum.com has been informed Ben Matulino has officially signed with Wests and is in cooling off.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
A supposed insider on the Roosters site has Tedesco and Woods both signing 4 year deals with the Bulldogs in the next fortnight. Tedesco $1.1M per year and Woods $900K per year. They are also favoured to sign Foran and possibly Cronk as well.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Bred not bought.

If true they either share their accountant with the Broncos, or their brown bag runner or they will be releasing a lot of cattle.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
No way this is anything but a troll.

Nope, he has provided a few other things that seem to be on the money. I would say Cronk could only happen if Foran didn't. One thing people need to realize is that the Bulldogs have a massive third party budget. It was reported that the Bronco's, Bulldogs, Eels and one other club, could have been North Queensland from memory have 85% of the third party payments registered with the NRL. The rest of the clubs have crumbs.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Nope, he has provided a few other things that seem to be on the money. I would say Cronk could only happen if Foran didn't. One thing people need to realize is that the Bulldogs have a massive third party budget. It was reported that the Bronco's, Bulldogs, Eels and one other club, could have been North Queensland from memory have 85% of the third party payments registered with the NRL. The rest of the clubs have crumbs.

If you say you are passing on info then I will take you at your word.

But no way possible on Earth that one team signs those 4. None.

macavity

Referee
If I am Foran's management and I actually give a shit about his well being, that would be the issue.

I think the best thing for him is to go to a strong club with plenty of quality around him to ease the pressure.

The last thing this bloke needs isnthe weight and expectation of the entire Hunter region hanging around his neck.

Can't stand the turd, but if he is going to a Sydney team, it should be somewhere like the Dogs.

I would go the other way and say that coming to Newcastle is the best thing for him exactly because the pressure is low - 8 wins is a wildly successful season, the town lives and breathes footy (and deifies its stars), and he literally has to be better than putting a palm tree in the 7 jersey to be an upgrade on what we have now.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I would go the other way and say that coming to Newcastle is the best thing for him exactly because the pressure is low - 8 wins is a wildly successful season, the town lives and breathes footy (and deifies its stars), and he literally has to be better than putting a palm tree in the 7 jersey to be an upgrade on what we have now.

Fair enough.

Agree to disagree, but I do take your point.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade

The problem is he wants to be in Sydney for his kids. Newcastle is not Sydney.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
If you say you are passing on info then I will take you at your word.

But no way possible on Earth that one team signs those 4. None.

I agree, they will not get all 4. I hope he is wrong as I want Tedesco at the Roosters, however it looks like Woods is as good as gone and it will definitely be to the Bulldogs. I am pretty sure that is where Foran will end up and I have heard from a few people that the Bulldogs have offered the most coin to Tedesco, possibly outside the Tigers that is.

Remember the Dogs were paying Frank Pritchard $600k to sit on the bench, even bloody Sam Perrett who would have been one of the Dogs lowest paid players was on $375K a year on his last contract. Including third parties, their team last year would have been on $9m+.

macavity

Referee
The problem is he wants to be in Sydney for his kids. Newcastle is not Sydney.

the suburbs of Newcastle to the Northern Beaches is not much more travel, time wise, than the Canterbury region (or the shire where all the Dogs players seem to live) to the Northern Beaches.

It certainly isn't prohibitive, and Newie is a far better place to live if you don't want to get hooked up with the wrong people all over again.

And with his mum on the Central Coast, who knows. It could make sense.

I don't think we end up with him as whatever we offer a club like the Dogs could just throw a few units and a maserati on top.

But we can have a crack - and given his background, money may not be the top priority.

Latest posts