What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

davi

Juniors
Nope, he has provided a few other things that seem to be on the money. I would say Cronk could only happen if Foran didn't. One thing people need to realize is that the Bulldogs have a massive third party budget. It was reported that the Bronco's, Bulldogs, Eels and one other club, could have been North Queensland from memory have 85% of the third party payments registered with the NRL. The rest of the clubs have crumbs.

What? You mean to tell me that Sydney clubs have TPA as well. Gee with the way the Broncos bashers on this forum carry on you would think the Broncs would be the only club that had them. Also if Bulldogs sign Woods and Tedesco, it really will expose the hypocrisy on this forum. I can guarantee from the Broncos bashers (Spot On) that you won't hear a wimper from them even though from the Bulldogs it's a good old fashioned raid.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
What? You mean to tell me that Sydney clubs have TPA as well. Gee with the way the Broncos bashers on this forum carry on you would think the Broncs would be the only club that had them. Also if Bulldogs sign Woods and Tedesco, it really will expose the hypocrisy on this forum. I can guarantee from the Broncos bashers (Spot On) that you won't hear a wimper from them even though from the Bulldogs it's a good old fashioned raid.

the chooks have the tigers bunnies manly and dragons to compete with for local talent

the dogs have eels and panthers.

the broncos have an entire catchment area to themselves for first dibs AND still can't get it right....(smith cronk thurston papali milford etc.)

Nice Beaver

First Grade

Lol

So one or two sydney clubs, out of ten, get big TPA's and all of a sudden everything is fair and equitable?

Got to love Bronco's supporters.

davi

Juniors
Lol

So one or two sydney clubs, out of ten, get big TPA's and all of a sudden everything is fair and equitable?

Got to love Bronco's supporters.

No Beaver its the fact you single out the Broncos, but don't nearly come down as hard on the other Sydney clubs.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
No Beaver its the fact you single out the Broncos, but don't nearly come down as hard on the other Sydney clubs.

Hahaha. You are kidding yourself.

If the Bulldogs signed that lot I can guarantee you supporters from everywhere will blow up about it.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Hahaha. You are kidding yourself.

If the Bulldogs signed that lot I can guarantee you supporters from everywhere will blow up about it.

and on the flipside, if the broncos signed a cows or titans target you would hear boo about it, eg mead signing "unders" to play reserves. f**k me how suspicious is that and no one bats an eyelid

Spot On

Coach

Can you remind me of the bashing I've given the Broncos?

Maccas4177

Juniors
the sneaky not mentioned for foran is the sharks....

they welcome all grubs down there with open arms

Could be wrong but I'm sure he once said that if the Sharks were the only team to offer him a contract then he'd play Union.
As a Sharks fan, I'm not sure I'd really want him at the club anyway. Spends more time off the field than on it.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Could be wrong but I'm sure he once said that if the Sharks were the only team to offer him a contract then he'd play Union.
As a Sharks fan, I'm not sure I'd really want him at the club anyway. Spends more time off the field than on it.
Same sharks club with Gallen who's always "on the field"

blaza88z

Coach
the chooks have the tigers bunnies manly and dragons to compete with for local talent

the dogs have eels and panthers.

the broncos have an entire catchment area to themselves for first dibs AND still can't get it right....(smith cronk thurston papali milford etc.)

"First dibs", not quite.

There are feeder clubs competing in the ISC, it's not like we can pull whoever we want out of the ISC and line them up to play for us next week, just like every other club we have to scout them at a young age and then bring them through the respective grades and other clubs are scouting, if they weren't we wouldn't see players like Papali and Milford heading off to Canberra (both played juniors for Logan from memory).

In theory, it would be nice if every player who played for a QLD club was open market but it's not, by the time they reach a QLD Cup side, they're already signed to another club and are simply playing for that club's feeder until such a time that they are required to play in the NRL.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
"First dibs", not quite.

There are feeder clubs competing in the ISC, it's not like we can pull whoever we want out of the ISC and line them up to play for us next week, just like every other club we have to scout them at a young age and then bring them through the respective grades and other clubs are scouting, if they weren't we wouldn't see players like Papali and Milford heading off to Canberra (both played juniors for Logan from memory).

In theory, it would be nice if every player who played for a QLD club was open market but it's not, by the time they reach a QLD Cup side, they're already signed to another club and are simply playing for that club's feeder until such a time that they are required to play in the NRL.

So Sydney clubs have scholarship arrangement with Qld schools?

And for that matter, sponsor events and carnivals at Qld schools?

More than happy to be proven wrong, but the point being most of the real talent is scooped up LONG before ISC.

Tiger5150

Bench
the suburbs of Newcastle to the Northern Beaches is not much more travel, time wise, than the Canterbury region (or the shire where all the Dogs players seem to live) to the Northern Beaches.

It certainly isn't prohibitive, and Newie is a far better place to live if you don't want to get hooked up with the wrong people all over again.

And with his mum on the Central Coast, who knows. It could make sense.

I don't think we end up with him as whatever we offer a club like the Dogs could just throw a few units and a maserati on top.

But we can have a crack - and given his background, money may not be the top priority.

Have you ever driven Newy to Northern Beaches? That would be close to 3 hours, 2.5+ easy.

macavity

Referee
Have you ever driven Newy to Northern Beaches? That would be close to 3 hours, 2.5+ easy.

yes, I have friends who for some reason choose to live there.

And no it isn't. A good run and it can be <90 mins door to door - like with NSW generally, Sydney is the problem.

jonno_knights

Juniors
yes, I have friends who for some reason choose to live there.

And no it isn't. A good run and it can be <90 mins door to door - like with NSW generally, Sydney is the problem.
You're having yourself on... Newcastle to Wahronga is almost 90 minutes...extra 40-45 minutes to Mona Vale on average..

Best case i reckon would be 2 hours which would be through the night. Any time during the day, easy 2.5+ hours as the pacific hwy and mona vale road can be torture.

You might be able to do wallsend/Cameron park to St Ives/Terry Hills in 90 minutes if you sit on 130 down the F3...