What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

MKCS

Juniors
The best part about the Pearce hate is that Maloney actually didn't do any better and he's been given the "Yeah Maloney was good" but Pearce was horrible.

Some stats:

James Maloney: 13 tackles, 8 missed tackles, 2 line breaks and a try.

Mitchell Pearce: 20 tackles, 3 missed tackles, 0 line breaks and a try.

Pearce and Maloney pretty similar in terms of kicking. Will admit Pearce had a couple of bad ones but a few looked dangerous. Maloney's kicks were good but not great either. Pearce's ball to Fifita to set up the first try was good and he did well to back up for the second.

He wasn't a superstar but he isn't expected to be. Tedesco, Hayne and Fifita are who you expect to play the role of superstars. It's Maloney and Pearce's job to make sure they can do that and they did.

MilkShark

First Grade
Pearce didn't play that bad really. Some of his kicks weren't the best.

Who would you replace him with anyway?

Liddell

Juniors
The best part about the Pearce hate is that Maloney actually didn't do any better and he's been given the "Yeah Maloney was good" but Pearce was horrible.

Some stats:

Pearce and Maloney pretty similar in terms of kicking. Will admit Pearce had a couple of bad ones but a few looked dangerous. Maloney's kicks were good but not great either. Pearce's ball to Fifita to set up the first try was good and he did well to back up for the second.

He wasn't a superstar but he isn't expected to be. Tedesco, Hayne and Fifita are who you expect to play the role of superstars. It's Maloney and Pearce's job to make sure they can do that and they did.

Daley himself said this is Pearce's team. I'd say after comments like that he actually is expected to be.

Like I said, after what he dished up previously, You can't complain about last night. But we'll need much better in 3 weeks when he is under those pressure moments.

adamkungl

Immortal
"bombs not enough loft"

fmd the depths you sad merkins will scrape to to bag a bloke after a good win.

Plz end yourselves

zombiebloodlust

Juniors
There's no doubt that that second half was the best NSW performance we have seen in a long long time, and Mitch Pearce was a big reason for that

ee893593f77e64b9e13053864350e9f3

OldPanther

Coach
I see you flogs still don't understand the tactic. There was no intent to contest the bombs to oates. It was all about field position and pearce was pinpoint in a first half arm wrestle.

4 of his 11 long kicks did find the grass but don't let the facts get in the way of your salt.

Short kicking was his only issue last night. He was good in every other aspect including a game topping 7 one on one tackles despite not playing the final 30 min.

I don't hate him but what I saw worries me if we aren't as dominant in future games. If we keep that team at least get Maloney/Graham to do short kicking.

MKCS

Juniors
I don't hate him but what I saw worries me if we aren't as dominant in future games. If we keep that team at least get Maloney/Graham to do short kicking.

I would agree with that. Maloney to take the short kicking which he's better at whilst Pearce gets the long kicks away.

Pearce can occasionally get a good short kick away but it's not his strong suit.

betcats

Referee
"bombs not enough loft"

fmd the depths you sad merkins will scrape to to bag a bloke after a good win.

Plz end yourselves

People(biased roosters fans) are using those bombs as an example of his 'great long kicking' because we were playing for field position, well they would be great kicks if they didn't allow the wingers to wind right up. as they were they were just good or adequate, nothing special at all. I have credited the guy for being solid. Well done Pearcey, in the easiest origin game you will play you managed to only f**k up a couple times. Lol f**k off you biased wankstain rort fans.

betcats

Referee
That kick to Gagai was dreadful. That set of six began inside the Maroons half - Tedesco caught the Maroons kick on the 50.... surely it had to end with either a try, or a repeat set. Those kinds of opportunities rarely come. It was a strong set, and on the last Pearce runs to the line and pokes what kinda looks like a grubber, but is actually a low-trajectory chip kick - straight to Gagai's chest inside the in-goal. So Pearce turned a rolled-gold opportunity to set up camp in Qld territory, into a 7 tackle set for the Maroons. Wow. Only Mitch.

That said, he was ok for the rest of the game. I also got the feeling that Daley, knowing Mitchell's deficiencies, encouraged the team to run the ball on the last instead. That was smart.

This. The guy tried a grubber and had it caught on the full in goal when we were completely on top of QLD, and NSW are lucky he caught it in goal or Gagai might of run 100. That's a pearce play right there. We couldn't of had any more momentum going for us and Pearce swings it with one play and almost hands them a try.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
I see you flogs still don't understand the tactic. There was no intent to contest the bombs to oates. It was all about field position and pearce was pinpoint in a first half arm wrestle.

4 of his 11 long kicks did find the grass but don't let the facts get in the way of your salt.

Short kicking was his only issue last night. He was good in every other aspect including a game topping 7 one on one tackles despite not playing the final 30 min.

So much this, f**k me some people are geniused.... I didn't even have Pearce in my team but to bag what was clearly a very effective tactic in completely gassing Oates and not conceding any 7 tackle sets. Also his kicks from inside our own half found the ground consistently.

He had two poor kicks all game. the first one where he got caught in two minds and really should have passed it and the second one that if you watch closely Gagai did a very good job changing directions at the last second to attack it on the full. if it got past him Morris was on his own outside and was in for all money.

grouch

First Grade
I find it funny that Peats entire contribution to last night was basically just not making a mistake, and the guy is lauded as a f**king hero.

While Pearce scores a try, sets up another, defended like a beast..... but is effectively hittler aids.

For the record I think Peats played well, mainly because he wasn't being the perennial momentum ruining f**kstick that Farah always is in origin. It's just strange to compare the reactions to 2 very similar performances
I find it funny comparing a guy playing his first origin against a guy in his 16th or whatever it is. Just strange.

Tommy Smith

Referee
People(biased roosters fans) are using those bombs as an example of his 'great long kicking' because we were playing for field position, well they would be great kicks if they didn't allow the wingers to wind right up. as they were they were just good or adequate, nothing special at all. I have credited the guy for being solid. Well done Pearcey, in the easiest origin game you will play you managed to only f**k up a couple times. Lol f**k off you biased wankstain rort fans.
That's a lot of salt.

Easiest Origin game? It was probably the quickest and toughest Origin game in 12 years you salt infested noob.

I'd just like to congratulate Pearce once more on his pinpoint bombs that had Qld starting their sets in poor field position every time and ensured the Blues hit Oates with a straight defensive line.

As a student of the game I appreciated his great long and defensive kicking game.

Pearce 1
Cronk 0

Valheru

Coach

Some stats:

This

The desperation to hate on Pearce is comical and critiquing his defence will absolutely do me. He did get monstered by Oates in a one on one but FMD, at least he gave it a go. Maloney looked shonky in defence all night with at least 2 of his missed tackles resulting in line breaks.

I said it in the game day thread and I'll say it again, Pearce was the best of the 4 halves in the 50 minutes he was on the field.

At the end of the day that first half was some of the best quality football you will see in what was a 50/50 contest with very few errors and breaks in play. Pearce absolutely played his part in NSW winning that battle.

betcats

Referee
That's a lot of salt.

Easiest Origin game? It was probably the quickest and toughest Origin game in 12 years you salt infested noob.

I'd just like to congratulate Pearce once more on his pinpoint bombs that had Qld starting their sets in poor field position every time and ensured the Blues hit Oates with a straight defensive line.

So was that not the worst QLD team in 11 years? Yes it f**king was. Was that one of our biggest game 1 wins ever? Yes it f**king was. Did our forwards completely own theirs? Yes they did.

It was a high quality game no doubt but it was the easiest win NSW have had in an origin game that matters for over ten years you biased knob, if you cant even acknowledge that you are truly worthless in this conversation. How many of QLDs forwards get a run in NSW you reckon? lol .

Valheru

Coach
Maybe if you say it 2 more times it will come true

It's already true

Cronk and Milford aren't in the conversation. Maloney and Pearce were equal in attack and Maloney was a defensive liability

it is obvious.

grouch

First Grade
It's already true

Cronk and Milford aren't in the conversation. Maloney and Pearce were equal in attack and Maloney was a defensive liability

it is obvious.
Only one more time mate. You can do it!

Make sure you avoid any mention of his two momentum-turning "attacking kicks" and try to minimise the work Maloney had to do to score his try. Good luck

Last edited:

johnny plath

Juniors
I find it funny that Peats entire contribution to last night was basically just not making a mistake, and the guy is lauded as a f**king hero.

While Pearce scores a try, sets up another, defended like a beast..... but is effectively hittler aids.

For the record I think Peats played well, mainly because he wasn't being the perennial momentum ruining f**kstick that Farah always is in origin. It's just strange to compare the reactions to 2 very similar performances
I guess because one was from a debutant, and the other from NSWs most capped halfback in origin... equal with johns, and more than all of the other great halves that the blues have had since 1980.

Danish

Referee
My Nan would have scored that try. And Pearce murdered yet another Origin overlap last night with a pointless attempt at a grubber that ended up in QLD possession.

But he essentially guaranteed his automatic selection for the next 35yrs last night, so all good with me.

I don't know about that, but your nan certainly would have been more effective defending at fullback than Darius

Latest posts