What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO Kearney

Who would have seen it going so disastrously post sacking Cleary. Has been an absolute mess from the minute he left, and the worst part is that he took his son with him, where would the warriors be now with Ivan head coach, Johnson 6 and Nathan 7.

looking back though, most people seemed to think it was a good time for the 2 parties to part ways, how wrong we all were

Thought the same during the game about Cleary at 6 for Warriors.
But suspect he would not have developed the same in NZ vs Australia.
Maybe if NSW wasn't beckoning he might have come back one day for right $$$

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
:) meant hindmarsh. Besides that, we get bashed enough by Oz, your negativity is still tiresome

I've heard you call JJ negative before...you know what, he's a realist. He's a fervent fan who has been force fed a complete bowl of shit for six years. I'm sure he's a positive guy when the situation allows, I don't remember posting from 2011 and before but I'm sure he was there giving out plaudits. He, like me, isn't prepared to play the 'you're not a true fan if you're one of the haterz' crap that resonates out of Mt Smart sometimes. The voice of the fans counts when it comes to creating change. If we all sat back and swallowed said shit bowl, and said thanks for the feed, we'd be resigned to tasting it the rest of our lives. Change happens when people speak up against the poor judgement and decision-making of a club that for many of us, is the heart and soul of our week from March to August(ish).

Does Kearney deserve more time? Probably, yeah. Is he a dud at this stage of his career? NRL-wise, yeah his record suggests he is. Is there anything this year to suggest he's improving? No, not really. The coach is largely responsible for our actions and results, otherwise why have one. And our performances are the same crap. Our management also deserves vitriol for appointing Kearney when a better option - if not more - were available.

More rumours Hasler is going to get pushed out.
Do we have a clause in SK contract about not making the 8 or if a coach with a better record comes along?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Not sure about how Des would go over here. Seems to be a lot of politics that go along with Des Hasler, that I'm not sure we could handle or that he could handle trying to resurrect a club as broken as ours at all levels.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=11892636

"My personal opinion is I think he'll be back a couple of weeks before then," said Kearney.

"He's moving around pretty well. I'm not a doctor or a surgeon or anything like that but I just get the feeling he could be back sooner than expected.

"He's a good rehabber and he's a pretty good athlete too so I think he'll be back a bit quicker than what we anticipate.

"Six to eight weeks, they [medical staff] said it was an ACL on Friday too, so I don't know if I'll listen to them."

:D
SK is so across the game, he's even more attuned to his players' injuries and ability to recover than the medical staff are. Earlier in the article it says SJ can't run for at least 2 weeks, so good luck with that. But hey, if you want to bring him back for 2-3 meaningless games at the end of the year, by all means.

JJ

Immortal
Yep, Kearney not only a master coach, but an amateur medico - I doubt Johnson will be back, or if he is he'll be timid and ineffective, he won't have confidence in his knee, and it's not like his game's all straight and direct like Foran's

On Foran, would he have a get out clause if Dessie ain't the coach - he's brought so much to the Warriors, I'm sure we'd be desperate to keep him

WellsNZ

Juniors
Thing is, if you look at the Bulldogs, they're very similar to us. They got great players but are just not performing/winning.

Yes and no. There's some good names but the halves are not a good fit at all, and then you add in the whole props as halfbacks stuff and that's a lot of the reason that they suck.

If you paired up Reynolds or Mbye with Frawley and let them stay together, got the props out of the f**king way and let Frawley play as a halfback then things would be much better.

But also the fact that Reynolds is going would have really hurt that changing room I think.

If anyone thinks SJ's 5th tackle options are bad, try enduring the trademark Tolman dying with the ball option.

Warriorsoul

Juniors

:D
SK is so across the game, he's even more attuned to his players' injuries and ability to recover than the medical staff are. Earlier in the article it says SJ can't run for at least 2 weeks, so good luck with that. But hey, if you want to bring him back for 2-3 meaningless games at the end of the year, by all means.

Hey it's not like rushing a player back early has blown up in Kearney's face in the past. Oh wait, RTS in the World Cup final...

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I join the FO Kearney team.

I would love to see the Warriors win if we do not. Not going to happen when this putz is in charge.

Cannot even win with the kiwi spine, enough said right there.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
They're a bit of an opposite to us though so in that they have a big mean pack and lousy halves. Des won a premiership at Manly with quality halves.
True that. All of that.

I dont think we've had a coach thats coached his side to an NRL grand final win. Someone correct me if you wish as I would like to know but that will be a point of difference that Des will have is thats hes been there and done IT!

Anyway, Im trusting in the process. Have to. You got this Steveo.

Latest posts