What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Bulldogs @ Pepper Stadium

betcats

Referee
I don't think option 3 is better defensively. Rein is a downgrade defensively from Wallace at hooker.

Blues Riff

Bench
The way things are going, they could be losing Des.
My thoughts are- No to Moylan, Cartwright another week in reserves, May in, maybe give Billy Kikass another chance to cause some damage.

OldPanther

Coach
My thoughts are- No to Moylan, Cartwright another week in reserves, May in, maybe give Billy Kikass another chance to cause some damage.

Moylan will probably play. Said he'd be right in the press conference. Looks like he could use the week off though.

martielang

Bench
Keep the same 17 (May in for Moylan if needed). They can do the job. Carty can get more time in legs in reserves.

I genuinely want to know though, why people think Wallace is a better hooker then Rein? Our team looks so much sharper with Rein at 9, the service is quicker, we are more of a threat around the ruck. Sure Wallace has a kicking game & he's tough, but defensively i don't know if he's that much better then Rein, certainly not to the level people make out he is. Wallace was directly responsible for two tries on Saturday.

Love the guy, but its time to move on IMO.

Kilkenny

Coach
Keep the same 17 (May in for Moylan if needed). They can do the job. Carty can get more time in legs in reserves.

I genuinely want to know though, why people think Wallace is a better hooker then Rein? Our team looks so much sharper with Rein at 9, the service is quicker, we are more of a threat around the ruck. Sure Wallace has a kicking game & he's tough, but defensively i don't know if he's that much better then Rein, certainly not to the level people make out he is. Wallace was directly responsible for two tries on Saturday.

Agree.

Playing May and benching Moylan to only come on if needed is an option. Wouldn't even be that wasteful with how Griffin uses the bench and May's ability to play in the backrow

TheFrog

Coach
They won't sack Des. The Dogs will be a far different side to last week, when the Broncos got all the help early (no surprise there) and then ran over the top of them. This will be a very hard game and that is exactly what the side needs to be prepared for.

OldPanther

Coach
They won't sack Des. The Dogs will be a far different side to last week, when the Broncos got all the help early (no surprise there) and then ran over the top of them. This will be a very hard game and that is exactly what the side needs to be prepared for.

I hope we get a few tough games. They'll need the experience.

franklin2323

Immortal

Did Leota have a 2nd spell on Sat? He was a waste of a spot Bryce should take his spot whether Bryce or someone else starts is the only question for me

Panthers mail: Bryce Cartwright played 50 minutes in the ISP NSW last weekend and will return to calculations for a spot in first grade. Matt Moylan is racing the clock due to a hamstring issue. “He looks alright. He’s got to get a scan (on Monday),” Peter Wallace said. “The thing he’d be in doubt for is the quick turnaround ... I don’t think we’ll risk him if it’s a tear or anything like that.”
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/31d57c1f914d5af2d2323f4a6b1093b8

Kilkenny

Coach
The way we have used our interchange bench has been puzzling all year to say the least.

It's easy to criticise the likes of Akauola, Leota, Kikau etc but I feel the way they have been used so sparingly has worked against them as they feel so pressured to make an impact during there limited minutes.

If Moylan is not a 100% then surely he should be rested and May brought in. No need to rush Bryce back either IMO and another week or two in NSW Cup will benefit him. If there is an opening on the bench then perhaps an opportunity to blood Bryce's cousin Jed who can play in the centre's or back row and has been impressive in NSW Cup.

Panthers coach Anthony Griffin has named his 21-man squad to face the Bulldogs at Pepper Stadium on Thursday. Dean Whare is available for selection after recovering from a broken jaw, but Matt Moylan (hamstring) and Trent Merrin (knee) have been ruled out.

The Panthers will wear the 2017 Home Jersey.

GET ALL YOUR GAMEDAY INFO HERE

Panthers v Bulldogs
7.50pm Thursday @ Pepper Stadium

1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Tyrone PEACHEY
4. Waqa BLAKE
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Tyrone MAY
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. James TAMOU
9. Peter WALLACE (c)
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
12. Isaah YEO
13. Moses LEOTA

14. Sione KATOA
15. Leilani LATU
16. Tim BROWNE
17. James FISHER-HARRIS
18. Bryce CARTWRIGHT
19. Dean WHARE
20. Viliame KIKAU
21. Sitaleki AKAUOLA

Panthers ISP coach Garth Brennan has named his side to face Wyong Roos at Morry Breen Oval on Saturday.

ISP Panthers v Wyong Roos
3pm Saturday @ Morry Breen Oval

1. Jarome LUAI
2. Maika SIVO
3. Jed CARTWRIGHT
4. Christian CRICHTON
5. Lachlan STEIN
6. Liam COLEMAN
7. Darren NICHOLLS (c)
8. Kaide ELLIS
9. Mitch REIN
10. Sitaleki AKAUOLA
11. Viliame KIKAU
12. Liam MARTIN
13. Bryce CARTWRIGHT

14. Tom EISENHUTH
15. Corey WADDELL
16. Nick LUI-TOSO
17. Oliver CLARK

Panthers NYC coach David Tangata-Toa has named his side to face the Bulldogs at Pepper Stadium on Thursday. The NYC Panthers will wear the 2017 Home Jersey.

GET ALL YOUR GAMEDAY INFO HERE

NYC Panthers v NYC Bulldogs
5.35pm Thursday @ Pepper Stadium

1. Caleb AEKINS
2. Jamon WORMLEATON
3. Mose FEILO
4. Richie MUNCHOW
5. Daniel BROWN
6. Sam MARTIN-SAVAGE
7. Dean BLORE
8. Tom SKINNER
9. Wayde EGAN (c)